Starwars Character dining experience?

Starwars Character Dining -

• Total voters

DE Willo

Original Poster
Since the removal of Star Wars weekends, I was wondering if anyone is aware of plans of re introducing Starwars Character dining?
I have two sons who are Star Wars crazy, and would much prefer ditching the mouse for Boba Fett interaction.
I know they have a QS at Backlot but no characters and yes aware that you can meet Chewy and Kylo at HS, but I sincerely believe they are missing a trick here and surely they must be planning something to satisfy demand?
Anyone heard anything?

DE Willo

Original Poster
Your kidding? I would of thought in the interim they would offer Sci-Fi for breakfast or temp change Backlot Express in the interim - like they did for Starwars weekends?

asianway

Your kidding? I would of thought in the interim they would offer Sci-Fi for breakfast or temp change Backlot Express in the interim - like they did for Starwars weekends?
Blame the people who freaked out at guest relations since the Hangar experience was not traditional character dining

Bacon

4806281-in+b4+lock.gif

J. D.

Since the removal of Star Wars weekends, I was wondering if anyone is aware of plans of re introducing Starwars Character dining?
I have two sons who are Star Wars crazy, and would much prefer ditching the mouse for Boba Fett interaction.
I know they have a QS at Backlot but no characters and yes aware that you can meet Chewy and Kylo at HS, but I sincerely believe they are missing a trick here and surely they must be planning something to satisfy demand?
Anyone heard anything?
I've heard rumors of the Sci-Fi experience making a return early next year sometime. Not sure how true that is, but I could definitely see them bringing it back.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I love star wars, but I don't think I can picture a star wars character meal working. At least not in the heavily themed star wars land. If rather just have some ambient characters like the cantina band or background aliens walking around. Not photo ops, just some characters to make it feel more real. Just no one too big or else is would become a mob of people trying to take photos.

Pam Hates Penguins

I love star wars, but I don't think I can picture a star wars character meal working. At least not in the heavily themed star wars land. If rather just have some ambient characters like the cantina band or background aliens walking around. Not photo ops, just some characters to make it feel more real. Just no one too big or else is would become a mob of people trying to take photos.

Darth just comes in like this.
Picture4.jpg

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Darth just comes in like this.
View attachment 177822
I take it back. I take back everything. I want that for every dining experience I ever have for now on. I want to be having a lovely time at the German buffet in Epcot when all the sudden Darth Vader pops his head in and just tries to join us like that guy you had one class with three semesters ago who you try avoid contact with at the dining hall, but then he notices you and sits down to have an awkward conversation.

Pam Hates Penguins

I take it back. I take back everything. I want that for every dining experience I ever have for now on. I want to be having a lovely time at the German buffet in Epcot when all the sudden Darth Vader pops his head in and just tries to join us like that guy you had one class with three semesters ago who you try avoid contact with at the dining hall, but then he notices you and sits down to have an awkward conversation.

And that's why we don't need it.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
And that's why we don't need it.
I have, for a while, wanted them to put a "green room cafe" or whatever in Hollywood Studios where it is character dining themed to being like behind the scenes between takes. And the characters would be rotating with a mix of whatever the new characters are. Like Moana visiting on a break from filming alongside some Zootopia characters and Doctor Strange. Just like the 4 newest characters, with the oldest of the bunch being replaced when the next disney movie comes out. In something like that, Star Wars characters could work. Add Kylo Ren and/or, if they could get a convincing actress, Rey when Episode 7 came out.

But I don't see a straight Star Wars character dining thing working.

Pam Hates Penguins

I have, for a while, wanted them to put a "green room cafe" or whatever in Hollywood Studios where it is character dining themed to being like behind the scenes between takes. And the characters would be rotating with a mix of whatever the new characters are. Like Moana visiting on a break from filming alongside some Zootopia characters and Doctor Strange. Just like the 4 newest characters, with the oldest of the bunch being replaced when the next disney movie comes out. In something like that, Star Wars characters could work. Add Kylo Ren and/or, if they could get a convincing actress, Rey when Episode 7 came out.

But I don't see a straight Star Wars character dining thing working.

That sounds like a perfect idea! But unfortunately DHS isn't sticking with that theme anymore. :( It's going to be a "you-are-in-the-world-of-that-movie" theme park.

I'm happy with anything (well, maybe not SWL) as long as they don't take away Sci-Fi Dine-In.

ratherbeinwdw

It works the same as any other character meal. At the SSW Character Breakfast at Sci-Fi, the characters came around to each table. There was no need to mob anyone. It was lots of fun. We got some great photos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom