Trip Report *COMPLETED* No Ring (delayed), No Rivers Light, & Donald Duck’s the President

As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
So excited to finally start reading your trip report!! We are leaving in 60 days...so today is fast pass day and I'm trying not to be crazy and over plan our trip lol. Oh man no ring this trip :( you will get it when you least expect it! Then you can plan your engagement trip to Disney! And beer for breakfast is totally acceptable on vacation!! Can't wait to read more!!
Fastpass day! How exciting! Enjoy your 60 days, they will fly right on by! And I was pretty disappointed about the no ring thing, but I guess the element of surprise would not have worked down there! LOL..Thank you for reading, and approving of my nutritious breakfast. :)

Loving the report so far! :) I am going to have to try that Golden Monkey (hah at first I read it as Golden Mickey- I'm in Disney mode!) as it sounds like my kind of beer! My DH says I somehow manage to always pick the highest percent drinks- even when randomly choosing one! Nothing like a happily tipsy Disney day! :D
Haha! In that we are the same because I had no clue! I chugged the first bit and it tasted like Blue Moon so I took an even bigger sip, then I started feeling the effects. I was wondering why I was feeling it already, so I googled the beer and saw the alcohol by volume content. Yep- it wasn't just lack of breakfast, it was strong! And golden mickey is a perfect name LOL

Not sure if you're aware, but Golden Monkey is made by Victory Brewing. Their headquarters are in Downingtown, so you could go for a brewery tour and make more (fuzzy) memories!
Thank you! I actually was telling my brother about the beer when I got home and he gave me a huge bottle! His friend actually works there! I was like oh no no, this beer is exclusive to animal kingdom, but good thing I was wrong! :p

There is nothing wrong with this :hungry:

By the way, Victory is kind of a hometown brewery for you @prfctlyximprct

Agree, agree, agree!!!
Thanks for agreeing! I think beer for breakfast is okay on vacation- when it spills into real life then I might have a problem.. LOL :)

GM is awesome! Love me some victory brewing. FYI, The Kidani pool bar also serves GM too but I like to bring my own now:
20161020_150606.jpg

Also, if you like GM the next time your at HS(brown derby lounge) or Canada in EC try La Fin da Monde by Unibroue, it's pretty awesome.

Thank you for your recommendation! I will have to screenshot this so I remember! I love the can- I need to go find this! I know what my drink of choice at the pool this summer will be! Bye bye spiked seltzer, hello golden monkey! :)

Satans Hockey

Great trip report so far, you're a very entertaining writer.

Not sure if you have ever gone but since you're in the area, six flags great adventures safari easily rivals if not tops animal kingdoms safari for me. I was very surprised by this as well since I absolutely loved animal kingdoms. They changed it from being able to drive your car through it to the same safari type vehicles at animal kingdom. Just feels like you get a lot closer to the animals at six flags.

mlegerto

I can't wait to see the pictures from your trip! That sounds like such a fun idea to do, because not only will you be living in the moment capturing photos, but you will have them to treasure for years to come! If they come out better than my shots of the castle, maybe I'll buy a print off of you :)

Pssssh....if I ever take a photo worth someone else printing and putting up in their house....I'd do it for free! Us Disney folk gotta stick together!

I made it in without a hitch! I kept telling Joe people were looking at me funny, but he thought I was crazy! The ROL stalker was in the building!
People were staring at me, I felt like a total nutcase HAHA!

Ummmm.....aren't you kinda crazy? LOL

We then booked it to Africa. I wanted to ride Kilimanjaro Safaris first thing, because this is when the animals are said to be the most active. This proved true on my 2013 trip, so I was hoping it would still be so!
We do the same thing. ALWAYS the best rides first thing in the AM or very last thing at closing. I stick to this tip.

Joe got a Bud Light (booooooooooring) and I tried the Golden Monkey. The alcohol by volume for my beer was 9.5%. Let me repeat, 9.5%. I am a lightweight. Combine this with an empty stomach, I am a drunk.
Ummm....you better start "practicing" and preparing for our 2017 NYE Around the World event then...don't you think? You didn't forget about our scheduled trips for next year already did you; August 2017 for my bday, November 2017 for your bday and then Dec/Jan 2017/2018 for NYE. Comon Nicole.

Not too many hair ties… (I don't understand this at all.)

HAHAHA. I never understood this and still don't. I misplace my hair ties all the freaking time....way to precious to spare just to toss them for some unexplained reason. People are nutz!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Nov 5th

It was in the 80s, but with the crowds it felt much hotter! We decided to head into the Confectionery for a drink. I stopped and drooled as they made white chocolate Mickey cake pops. Why was I still full?!

C207A057-660E-4704-9DA4-3D7298FA98DB_zpsdiu9t8vx.jpg

I contemplated buying this, but it weighed a good five pounds and I didn’t think I could spare that much room in my luggage!

E973C1D9-A419-4AAA-90CF-F5AC3EF493BB_zpscfsaeg6k.jpg

While we were checking out, Joe ran into his cousin. IT TRULY IS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL! She was running the race with friends, and it just so happened they were walking into the Confectionery the very same moment we were leaving. For three trips now, I have run into someone I know. If that doesn’t provide evidence that the small world song is right, I don’t know what does!

We bid good luck to Joe’s cousin, and decided to take a nice leisurely ride on the Walt Disney World railroad. Now this is a ride you should go on after a huge meal, not Mine Train! We did a full lap around the kingdom that I call home.

F33E70B2-4027-4CFD-9104-EF5660721DD5_zpsabo8yyug.jpg

I must have been feeling the effects of lack of sleep because my photos start slacking here! I kept checking the wait times on my app, and everything was insanely high. We headed over to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and I cracked up at all the cheesy jokes as per usual! The man they picked as “That Guy” was hysterical; he kept giving this big goofy grin and the thumbs up sign. They also picked another man whose talent was to be invisible, and he kept sliding off his chair onto the floor. Joe and I were both laughing out loud. I love this show!

It was nearing 3 PM and the walkways were becoming increasingly congested. Joe and I decided to head back to our resort for a quick cat nap, Magic Kingdom was open until 1 AM with extra magic hours, and I wanted to stay out late!

544977D2-9957-42E2-BD39-6F077BF45141_zpsrnbm4uur.jpg

Back to our humble abode!

We napped for a good two hours and I woke up feeling instantly refreshed. Time for round 2!

While we waited at the bus stop, I captured even more pictures of my nails. They are still painted this way, and I want to keep it as long as possible. If I break down crying at the nail salon when they take nail polish remover to Mickey’s head, I don’t think they would understand. Is it socially acceptable to have Disney nails 24/7? I think it should be!

001D3399-A648-48E4-96B2-5359EE5A4BE1_zpspmcx9xdn.jpg

Even my toes have Mickey heads!

420AC31F-FF6E-486D-8442-18F2E924872F_zpswycj3vqp.jpg

We hopped back on the MK bus, but we had a pit stop first!

DA119252-79C7-4D9C-A5F4-7CAF502582E5_zpsxv4skfrh.jpg

C5D73565-BF4B-47BF-A466-AE24F03B275F_zpscsl8bi2y.jpg

We were on the monorail to…

FBCED9FD-3B5C-4A3C-A406-E29138A5973A_zpsgtna4zsg.jpg

Nope, not the Contemporary!

FD288607-8933-44F7-91A6-A5EFDA36DAB9_zps9luzl3kt.jpg

Hello Polynesian! It was time for dinner at ‘Ohana!

Joe had never ridden the monorail before, and he was blown away. I think it may have been his favorite ride of the trip! “Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas."

We wanted to go to Trader Sam’s but they told us there was an hour to an hour and half wait, so we settled on

B1833D96-4FEC-4C62-B067-C7C87CC32306_zpsphqrr0ax.jpg

And although I couldn’t try the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum, I was able to have an old favorite.

E196B054-20AA-4BCB-88F1-628CC74032CB_zps9ly7vhi2.jpg

LAPU LAPU, I LOVE YOU.

Joe has something a bit more girly, and I can’t remember for the life of me the name.

45380DE8-18B8-46BE-9787-A5A94B9A110F_zps6ocvcxt7.jpg

And as you all know, I’m a lightweight so I was feeling the effects after one!

16786EDE-32A6-4EE9-8D42-52C117F10B1A_zpsyf6wexdv.jpg

E36CB8F5-70B4-4E50-8B8D-22E24B4526EE_zps6yssq2ls.jpg

Joe photobombing… rude! A nice couple gave us their seats at the bar, so we sat and chatted with other guests for a while.

I didn’t think I could handle another Lapu Lapu, so I joined Joe with the girly drinks. And I’m sorry I’m the worst, but I can’t remember this drink’s name either! But it was good!

5D7D872F-0F09-4064-A9D8-6E977FC6EC7B_zpsqlmnmctc.jpg

The bar was getting pretty crowded, and we thought we should pay it forward with our chairs, so we took our last round to go.

1224286E-13DE-496E-837A-3E29D2DF6477_zpsvbjalx5h.jpg

We checked in for dinner and found a nice bench in the lounge.

F901D94A-0F87-4225-BCF2-F0F4F2568090_zpssd9pxgfs.jpg

Our buzzer went off before I could take any more embarrassing selfies, thank goodness!

Our cousin grabbed our Hawaiian welcome bread and started to lead us to our table. Our walk seemed pretty long, and I don’t remember the restaurant being so big! My 2006 Disney memories are pretty foggy! It felt like we walked, and walked, and passed an empty table that I thought for sure would be ours, only to arrive at the most perfect dinner table that there ever was.

0ADDB740-B58C-4CA4-A48C-4EB91B7EB821_zpsywdwoy6c.jpg

THAT IS THE CASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My iPhone camera does not do this view justice at all. I had to pinch myself multiple times. I kept looking at Joe, then looking back out the window, afraid this really was a dream. I was afraid if I blinked the castle would disappear. Could dinner live up to this view?! Was this going to be the ultimate first night EVER and would it only go downhill from here? Why did I plan this as our arrival night? HOW COULD ANY OTHER DINNER COMPETE WITH THIS?! Life was too good to be true.

:)
Loving your TR and trying to ketchup as time allows. So sorry about no engagement(I'm from Joisey and have a few suggestions, darn this being a family friendly site:D) I love your nails and know your pain having shed a tear when I got my nails done when I got home from my trip. BTW I think he may have had a backscratcher or Island sunsett, i may have stopped in there once or twice in my life:D

Doc Disney

I posted the above photo on my Instagram and tagged David Miller (one of the people I’ve been stalking on this project). I told him that “this beer is for you!” He hasn’t blocked me yet, so I think my reputation in the RoL community is still safe! He even liked this picture!!

Haha I literally almost spit out my iced tea when I saw this :) So funny that he liked it!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Sweet! I'm a fan of Victory bombers too, enjoy!
View attachment 176569

If you can get ahold of some HoppyQuad it may be my favorite Victory brew in a close race with Golden Monkey.

So we finally got you drinking in the right direction, now if we can just convince you to eat Sanaa and Jiko o_O.

Thank you for your suggestions! I will be on the lookout... PA is weird in that they sell beer and liquor in separate stores... I miss good ole NJ where you could pick it all up at the grocery store LOL. And you'll be so proud, for my 2018 trip I told my friend we must pick between Sanaa and Jiko- no ifs ands or buts! :)

I have been checking and waiting for your report and so far so GREAT :) I can't wait to read the rest, and see what you thought of Universal and Harry Potter as well. POR is one of our favorites too :)

Thank you!! I am so glad you found it! My uni days are a coming! I love all of Orlando! And POR is seriously gorgeous!

Golden Monkey is a beer not to be taken lightly! I've made that mistake.
I know from experience! LOL.. Expedition Everest will never be the same! :)

Great trip report so far, you're a very entertaining writer.

Not sure if you have ever gone but since you're in the area, six flags great adventures safari easily rivals if not tops animal kingdoms safari for me. I was very surprised by this as well since I absolutely loved animal kingdoms. They changed it from being able to drive your car through it to the same safari type vehicles at animal kingdom. Just feels like you get a lot closer to the animals at six flags.

Thank you for the compliment :) And yes I have gone to the 6 flags safari before! I went years and years ago, and the giraffes were licking the car windows! It was crazy how close to the animals you could drive! I want to try it in the safari vehicle, sounds like it would make for a better experience! I must return! :)

Pssssh....if I ever take a photo worth someone else printing and putting up in their house....I'd do it for free! Us Disney folk gotta stick together!

Ummmm.....aren't you kinda crazy? LOL

We do the same thing. ALWAYS the best rides first thing in the AM or very last thing at closing. I stick to this tip.

Ummm....you better start "practicing" and preparing for our 2017 NYE Around the World event then...don't you think? You didn't forget about our scheduled trips for next year already did you; August 2017 for my bday, November 2017 for your bday and then Dec/Jan 2017/2018 for NYE. Comon Nicole.

HAHAHA. I never understood this and still don't. I misplace my hair ties all the freaking time....way to precious to spare just to toss them for some unexplained reason. People are nutz!

You know me all too well, LOL.. I am crazy! But you are right there along with me, crazy for Disney! How could I forget about all our planned trips? Must remember to tell my boss... dun dun dun! Is Stacy retiring soon? I think we both should take her position! And hair ties are seriously way to precious to be throwing at a roller coaster. I think I brought 5 to Disney and came home with 0. And I didn't throw any! LOL

Loving your TR and trying to ketchup as time allows. So sorry about no engagement(I'm from Joisey and have a few suggestions, darn this being a family friendly site:D) I love your nails and know your pain having shed a tear when I got my nails done when I got home from my trip. BTW I think he may have had a backscratcher or Island sunsett, i may have stopped in there once or twice in my life:D

Thank you for reading! And I was pretty bummed, but I guess where better place to be bummed than in WDW? And I'm originally from NJ, so I know all too well! LOL.. I still haven't gone to the nail salon, Mickey's head is still hanging on. I just can't let go!!! And maybe that's where I recognized those drinks... your reports :p

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 6th

On our way to lunch, a woman asked if we could take a picture of her and her daughter. We obliged, and then asked if she could do the same! I love these shots, so thank you!!
228946D7-538F-491C-959E-8018898A9A13_zpssx2u0odf.jpg

B21DA0B9-6D15-48A4-BFD6-A29C192D674F_zpsmywdolht.jpg

You can just about see RoL in the background :)
98F32460-EC21-40DB-B3A6-6BC858A1FED6_zpsjh0hzadk.jpg

B21DA0B9-6D15-48A4-BFD6-A29C192D674F_zpsxpnnegts.jpg

8F33ACB8-1114-47D2-B06D-652D853EF45D_zps6ntwqslo.jpg

Food was calling our name, and although I always say I am going to eat somewhere different, I always find myself at good ole Flame Tree BBQ. I am a creature of habit, what can I say!

186B781A-2396-4DF6-9574-CB564956C84F_zps9phi1is9.jpg

F7B1E65F-C30B-44F1-922D-07840BDD84E6_zpsvq0mxrsv.jpg

20766742-065A-4DDE-AF99-A7FDABB310F0_zpstggkmogh.jpg

We each had the ribs, pulled pork and chicken combo. We also decided to use a snack credit for the French fries with pulled pork and cheese. As you can tell, we were STARVING.

And these Disney ice cubes seemed so different to me, I had to photograph our drinks. I’m probably just insane!

3CE8AA42-3677-4629-A0E4-229BDEFADADE_zpsqhzv2ku2.jpg

Our view was to die for!
EBCB37A1-96B0-40C3-B604-3F5CA62E0335_zpsoz4prcwi.jpg

4B82F31F-ACF2-4BB9-A4D7-F007BF3521EF_zps0i7jkrjt.jpg

I feel like Flame Tree always gets mixed reviews, but I still consider it to be my favorite QS on property. I love the food, the ambiance, the BBQ sauce. Lunch was mouth-wateringly good. Also, the French fries were a GREAT decision. DELICIOUS.

We ate until we could eat no more and I checked the Times Guide to see when Lion King show would be performing. I hadn’t been to the new theater, and after such a big meal, I needed to sit down!

On the way over, we got more Photopass pictures taken- this time with sunglasses on!

B6932551-4A76-4674-B439-FC2CF345B213_zps0fmj2lsz.jpg

97EABB1F-3608-4C6B-BAE1-0AD89F786963_zpsygwvpszt.jpg

14B8792B-294E-4269-B666-19258EAD8425_zpsknxjyh9b.jpg

I love the zebra frame! My college dorm room memories are flooding back,,

BD36D41D-13FE-4813-B25A-57F9639FB1EA_zpspkhrckoz.jpg

4571EDC0-014E-47B6-9F62-CF6716A0AFD1_zpsrbinugbz.jpg

859AA239-F17C-4835-B6A9-B9DAD9074374_zpsgynukzdj.jpg

Full, photographed, and extremely blissful, it was time for the best show there ever was.

0F596459-58A5-4192-9EC1-8F2FAD04649C_zps5qk6dk7y.jpg

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 6th

The show was starting in about 15 minutes, so I decided to explore this new area before joining the queue.

EF3C4D5D-4B73-4018-8349-13300CD2D57A_zpsscqxsby0.jpg

I took one picture, before being harassed by a bee. It would not leave me alone! It landed on the back of my leg, and when I went to shoo it off, it stung me. @#$%! It hurt SO BAD!!!!!!!!!! I literally had to pull the bee out of my leg, and that little jerk was still flying around! I thought they died when they stung you? Guess not! I was in serious pain, I admit my eyes welled up with tears! I told Joe I would be fine, I’d tough it out- there was no way I was missing the Lion King!

D21318C7-C898-48BD-A7A1-6BF61C524F38_zpsfyhxbdtz.jpg

BAC501B4-D35F-43DE-B45C-9156ED945071_zpswxjwtfhu.jpg

600DFD66-6144-431C-89F3-19C0E794E2BD_zpsphkldsgo.jpg

I went from crying from the bee sting, to crying from my body overflowing with emotion. Can you feel the love tonight? YES, I CAN FEEL IT!!!!!!!!!! This show gets me every time- I don’t think I’ve ever seen it without shedding a tear!

618C0079-9F2D-423B-9B1A-D4199366AEAE_zpslpmvoaat.jpg

453EBA0D-D677-4E48-9D43-FD5B5A942455_zpsiyuneezk.jpg

The show was amazing as usual, the new theater is beautiful, and the music hits you right in the heartstrings.

We walked out to some outdoor entertainment; I think they were the Harambe acrobats.

755F6D97-E048-40E8-8E1C-7F86450D4EC5_zpsxeaasipb.jpg

DF6941BD-5E39-40BA-B1DA-6093B4BB4FE3_zpsr6czgish.jpg

Their strength and skills amazed us! A big crowd formed, these men are super talented!

EA0209C5-9A8C-4C0E-BDDD-2A28E68C343A_zpshcmwdtfb.jpg

A7D043A9-67C8-4F6D-869B-A3632849FB42_zpsytnykfep.jpg

Joe bought me another Golden Monkey, himself a Bud Light from the Dawa Bar. I thought I could drown my bee sting pain with beer. We clapped along with the performers, and appreciated this “right place, right time” performance.

EE8DFB7A-D2FA-49DF-AD58-64C651CF6D81_zpstglqr9ox.jpg

This is an example of why I love AK so much. Everything is so genuine, so authentic. You stumble out of dark theater and are instantly transformed by the music and the energy. There is no other theme park in the world that can compare Animal Kingdom!

We sipped on our beverages as we headed over to our next fastpass- Kali River Rapids.

BDB2E127-73F8-419C-9D56-6C6B91FD8F83_zpsz1lpg0bt.jpg

56D42DDF-F22A-4373-8AA3-5465BB4C569A_zpsgjgepjrx.jpg

Again, the details in the queue, they just blow me away.

E0E2DADD-9BE3-4B79-9812-0235F1DAFB73_zpsy0ooiwlh.jpg

Our raft consisted of us, a marathon runner, and a family with young boys. We all joked about who would get the wettest!

2E630921-8A14-43FA-91D2-A016E34F5C9E_zps8xfumwuk.jpg

7B20E9E6-64DA-40EA-8336-9DED02B4972E_zpsqysco66m.jpg

We weren’t the victims! The father and youngest son got drenched! We spun down the hill at the last minute, and they took a beating! My shoes got a little wet, but not too shabby!

D2563554-8864-4C44-B36F-1286C08539CE_zpsj3sw5k1l.jpg

Joe found a new hobby when he discovered you could blast people with water that were coming down the river. His true “kid at heart” personality came through here! Haha!

5658DA92-9308-46DE-86CC-D7D58FFA2B2E_zpswcxopf0p.jpg

I had to remind Joe of the sign, otherwise we would have been standing there for the rest of the day! LOL

E45C9D37-D8F2-41C8-90C8-3A1C3041BB47_zpszdovpnqd.jpg

See everyone; it’s always the little things!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 6th

Next up was the Maharajah Jungle Trek- something I had never done before! I am directionally challenged if ya’ll remember, so this was the first time I’ve ever found it!

Saw a Komodo dragon first!

C692758F-68FB-40F5-AC55-A692E308195C_zps3ghwghdd.jpg

Witnessed some bats hanging from the trees!

0832B497-B5D9-4D7A-BE70-9275273E2827_zpsacl4tkpc.jpg

9B374104-1A57-42A4-95E9-448762402F3A_zpsfiqhw7w9.jpg

It was all so new and exciting! I love that after multiple Disney trips; there are still things that can be new for you. (Unless it's just like that for me because I cannot read a map.)

We spent a good 20 minutes watching the tiger, and chatting with a cast member.

615ECF90-EA32-4423-B864-45B2451C33E1_zpsvhkbxjwg.jpg

483BB669-8704-40E9-B615-3BB3FCBD1AA8_zps75l4aaoq.jpg

D59BAA54-61F6-4BB7-824B-52290CD385BC_zpsax7o5n8f.jpg

She told us this tiger was a girl, and she was being given treats because she is becoming accustomed to this environment. They switch the male and female in this area, so when one comes in it immediately starts marking its territory.

5EB0977A-CA1E-4B89-A7EB-78D01ADE3209_zpssmfnsuax.jpg

B0AADA11-ED20-4557-86C6-26EA48D5E4FE_zpsinyex434.jpg

We asked if they had plans to breed them, and she said only if the female cooperates! She said all the mating is up to the female. Ha! Girl power! She was extremely knowledgeable and you could feel the love she had for her job and for these animals. I wish I remembered her name.

C72FFE62-2F24-4D96-9BE7-3C8B1C761FCB_zps622d6uif.jpg

45706D87-C885-4CBF-855A-448F99B95BFD_zpskttko4rw.jpg

We carried on with our trip through the jungle. Stopped and watched the birds for a bit, they are so pretty!

2448F3EA-B6CB-4EFF-9D88-EBAC670B2547_zpsgoo8ojdk.jpg

At this point in the day, we decided to just wander around and take in all the sights, sounds, and smells. We stumbled upon this really cool water fountain. Joe was amazed- he had to touch it!

D3688C60-FF28-4381-B22E-F8250E8A5A04_zpsjt1ss0s0.jpg

F6D943B1-68C9-4FD1-BB84-F4C88151EA1F_zpsydaz6lsr.jpg

Joe and I were feeling a little thirsty so we headed into Drinkwallah and each got a frozen Coke. Coca-cola frozen is so yummy!

298B406F-7395-45A7-89AE-A4FA1ADD0DED_zps90inwiyt.jpg

And, low and behold! We found a cart selling pretzels! Halleluiah!

22E073D6-96F2-4516-80E5-14B271911E9B_zpsfra76dic.jpg

We sat in this area off the main walk, down by the river. It was so tranquil and made you forget you were in a theme park! And I may be bias about the view but…

93053B7A-4260-4918-8520-FBC88353D92F_zps0nptwlqp.jpg

F0202C4F-A9C4-4176-B73F-ED732926C9D7_zpsadzlm0gq.jpg

Could life get any better than this?!

C194309A-2E12-4D96-AC44-7CE4708F1A5A_zpsiygqpxe6.jpg

Okay fine, it can get better. When RoL opens!!!!!!!

9587AF55-496A-4C70-9478-A8A5F5A5C0E2_zpsu4neibwt.jpg

We ate our pretzel with cheese and sipped our frozen cokes, and enjoyed the view. I took a selfie with a statue, and soon my RoL disappointments were long forgotten.

1B060D5A-5968-43F6-92A0-6E6626C7775C_zpsk6tzsn6y.jpg

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 6th

Snack time was over just in time for another first, Flights of Wonder! Timing was really working out for us today!

BF3528D9-24E8-44CA-BCD9-D8A6815CE30F_zpssmsr25vt.jpg

This owl was an orphan, so she has been at Animal Kingdom since she was a baby. Aww!

9572F9CB-0560-4760-9A56-CB65E489C425_zpsmbkcf5fi.jpg

25FB7A31-ED2D-4621-B8F5-2EEAEC0E19B6_zps4nyuegta.jpg

This show is unlike anything I have ever seen in my life! The birds soar over the audience and perform tricks like you wouldn’t believe. Usually birds scare me, and I thought I would freak out being so near to them, but I was fine! It actually lessened my fears and brought me a new appreciation for birds.

645273CB-CC28-4733-8E2E-0F2CE11DE56E_zpsg3ahxilf.jpg

244ABEE9-F920-4BE1-9434-DDEDB9957C13_zpsheoyxjez.jpg

15A63A4E-2C56-40DF-9B4D-8A90811B0ECE_zpsbish0hlz.jpg

I will definitely be returning to this show! I highly recommend it to anyone who has yet to see it!

We headed off to find the trails by the Tree of Life, but got sidetracked by some fish!

EE96A94A-4949-4F0F-81BB-D49ABC48C04D_zpsoru8jd6o.jpg

E996825A-9EEE-454D-A432-FA994762FE0C_zpsmlxzukrb.jpg

179D2FB1-689C-4957-852E-E6F8F4142497_zpsfservjif.jpg

We watched mesmerized for a good while. Sometimes that childlike wonder can still be found in grown adults :)

A0217387-E60A-45CA-833E-F6C52DA77D05_zpsarrzz0ci.jpg

This catfish was gigantic!

We finally found the trails; I had heard they were just reopened so I wanted to make sure we checked them out. So much goes unnoticed at AK… sometimes you have to “stop and smell the roses” as the old saying goes.

Two porcupines were resting in their little cave. I never knew how big these animals could be! Joe and I were both shocked.

064487A9-8985-4F84-B0EA-D3AD36D80F8B_zpsukmftlzb.jpg

Look at how pretty the Tree of Life is!

F467E1B0-9D7C-4713-8507-A9C671B95E0E_zps0xlsaqf4.jpg

There’s a waterfall back here! WHO KNEW!?!?
41BFA5F6-5D7A-4D04-BDBA-937F5505E123_zpsy8rpwoyu.jpg

Joe and I stood back and pointed out all the animals we could find. It was neat to see which ones his brain picked out, versus which ones mine did.

C9DB3DE9-6F63-4372-89CF-570A0C6AFF3A_zpsrpkbfhjb.jpg

We rattled off animals back and forth, what beautiful details! Even Joe admitted it was a very beautiful sight! I think I succeeded in converting him to an AK lover!

C3A73129-7474-43B6-BD80-2AC910C99A09_zpskt0dnw8m.jpg

97CBF604-0D6F-4853-A394-827D60294DAD_zpsftpu2ztl.jpg

850C639D-0FCF-4276-A4FD-9A8EA71E667D_zpstocytz9c.jpg

AFED9FE0-C57C-4C5B-B95E-B7007200E259_zpss8qzfirv.jpg

559E2A9A-D438-4B4D-86FF-3647274770AD_zps5v7eqidv.jpg

61BD2014-B29D-443B-B6EC-6BD9E7F8F801_zps2r1gezro.jpg

With Pandora coming to AK next summer, I hope more visitors give AK a chance. I am sure Pandora will be popular, but I am afraid people will come simply for that area and then leave. I remember hearing about the opening of Harry Potter in Universal, and hearing that people had to wait in line to even be let in the land. This is what I picture come summer 2017...I hope Pandora gives AK the success they need, but I hope guests come to appreciate all that is AK. It gives me such hope to know the Imagineers are working hard on nighttime entertainment options (I'm looking at you ROL), and soon AK will live up to its true potential. Animal Kingdom is not a “half day” park. AK owns my heart.

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

MerMom1981

Ok. Finally caught up!
I'll have you know, I have been neglecting my own TR to read this one!

I'm so bummed he didn't propose, but my husband did the same sort of thing to me!
We had been together for years, and we planned to go on a cruise. Our first vacation alone. Everyone. EVERYONE was saying he was bound to propose.
"It's so romantic!"
"He'd be stupid not to!"
"You've been together forever. It's time"
I totally thought he would, but then he totally didn't :-(
Not long after, on a random Sunday afternoon (when I wasn't expecting anything!!) he proposed. That sneaky punk caught me totally off-gaurd, which is what I think he wanted. :)

Seanual757

I was really surprised it didn't happen either, and so was everyone else around me! He better have a trick up his sleeve or I really am going to move to Orlando LOL... DVC? YES PLEASE. DVC sounds better than a ring lol

I really don't eat like I eat in Disney at home, but it's a nice treat when I'm down there... maybe that's why I love Disney so much.. THE FOOD!!!

The Christmas party was the only time we had really short waits, so thankfully we did have that time. I am going to have to look into this March business.. what's the weather in March?

Thank you! I am hungry looking at the pics... :arghh:

March is a great time of year not hot and not cold (ok last year the day after we checked in the temps were in the 40's but warmed up into the 70's, after that high 70's and low 80's all week. The same the year before minus the 40 degree morning. This past March we went the week of Easter and still was not bad at all, we used up our fast passes added more as well as waited in line for Peter pan, Space Mountain, and a few others with no more than a 35-40 min wait.

DVC we love it so much after purchasing VGF on our March 2015 trip, after we returned from our March trip this year we purchased Poly. Nothing like free vacation stays (ok well after annual dues but they are not bad at all) for the next 49 and 50 years at the mouse house. Something you two really should look at especially if you plan to visit more often.

mlegerto

Food was calling our name, and although I always say I am going to eat somewhere different, I always find myself at good ole Flame Tree BBQ. I am a creature of habit, what can I say!
I feel like Flame Tree always gets mixed reviews, but I still consider it to be my favorite QS on property. I love the food, the ambiance, the BBQ sauce. Lunch was mouth-wateringly good.

I am a bit ashamed to admit that I have NEVER eaten at Flame Tree BBQ. See, I am also a creature of habit! I have told myself time and time again to try somewhere different (specifically Flame Tree), but I somehow ALWAYS end up at Restaurantosaurus...don't ask me why LOL. I solemnly swear to try Flame Tree on my next trip...it's happening!

took one picture, before being harassed by a bee. It would not leave me alone! It landed on the back of my leg, and when I went to shoo it off, it stung me. @#$%! It hurt SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!

This is my worst nightmare! I am allergic to bee stings and I can sometimes be bad about carrying around my EpiPen. Stupid bee.

Again, the details in the queue, they just blow me away.

So true. Makes waiting in line a lot more bearable. It's the one thing I always point out when we go to our local theme park...no comparison to Disney!

See everyone; it’s always the little things!

It's always the little things that we take for granted that are so sweet. We've all got a free child like spirit somewhere within us and it's going back to Disney that really brings it out! Glad to see Joe in this same state! You guys are freaking adorable!

And, low and behold! We found a cart selling pretzels! Halleluiah!

22E073D6-96F2-4516-80E5-14B271911E9B_zpsfra76dic.jpg

Swwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Have you tried to cream cheese or jalapeno pretzels? I liked the cream cheese one - got it in MK at the Launching Pad...wasn't quite what I was expecting as it was pretty sweet. DH loved the jalapeno one. All in all..nothing really beats a Mickey Pretzel!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom