2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival beginning August 31st

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Original Poster
Just read this on Twitter. I'm not sure if one of the insiders already picked up on this. The festival is going to run from August 31st to November 13th in 2017. 75 days!

Hooray for DrunCot!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Let me express my surprise at this appropriately

shocked-face.jpg

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Let's see.

2017 Festival of the Arts - 24 days
2017 Flower and Garden - 90 days
2017 Food and Wine - 75 days
2017 Holidays around the World - 34 days

223 days of special events.
61% of the year

It's now more of an "event" to be in the park on a non-event day.

Gotta click those turnstiles and ring those registers. Disney knows they've let Epcot rot for so long nobody would show up if they didn't have Special Events.

21stamps

Let's see.

2017 Festival of the Arts - 24 days
2017 Flower and Garden - 90 days
2017 Food and Wine - 75 days
2017 Holidays around the World - 34 days

223 days of special events.
61% of the year

It's now more of an "event" to be in the park on a non-event day.

Gotta click those turnstiles and ring those registers. Disney knows they've let Epcot rot for so long nobody would show up if they didn't have Special Events.

Aren't these times always packed though? It seems that people love them. I know that Holiday around the World is going to be one of the highlights of our trip!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Aren't these times always packed though? It seems that people love them. I know that Holiday around the World is going to be one of the highlights of our trip!
Of course the festivals are fun.

It's just that Disney has used them as a cheap way of hiding the problems with Epcot for so long that the park could not succeed without them. They bring in money and people, which is a lever Disney has continued to use instead of investing in the park.

Go, eat, drink, spend. Disney needs you to do that so they don't have to explain why their park attendance or revenue is terrible in their once-revolutionary park.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Just read this on Twitter. I'm not sure if one of the insiders already picked up on this. The festival is going to run from August 31st to November 13th in 2017. 75 days!

Hooray for DrunCot!
I could not be less impressed. We have already booked for 9/6-9/16, and were counting on a week at Epcot before the hordes descended.
*sigh*

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Of course the festivals are fun.

It's just that Disney has used them as a cheap way of hiding the problems with Epcot for so long that the park could not succeed without them. They bring in money and people, which is a lever Disney has continued to use instead of investing in the park.

Go, eat, drink, spend. Disney needs you to do that so they don't have to explain why their park attendance or revenue is terrible in their once-revolutionary park.

So sad, and the problem is the more people that experience it thinking how great it is the worse it winds up being. When we went it was very high expectations only to be severely disappointed. It really takes away from the park.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
At this point they should just bulldoze UoE and build a shopping mall food court in it's place. Have 10-12 different food spots with rotating menu's every quarter. That way I don't have to walk all the way around the world to get food anymore. Same idea right?

Other than the scattered remnants of future world do people realize they are essentially paying for admission into a large outdoor mall now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom