Volcano Bay

Katie G

Exactly my point. A parking lot has no capacity for people to get wet. I think they (UNI) has learned how to pack attractions into smaller spaces. 25 years of evolution of design.

Fair enough. But fire codes are more likely to determine how many people you can pack in a certain amount of space. So if its on the same space level as TL, wouldn't you expect similar capacity numbers... not double?

JoeCamel

Fair enough. But fire codes are more likely to determine how many people you can pack in a certain amount of space. So if its on the same space level as TL, wouldn't you expect similar capacity numbers... not double?

I think you need to do the ride count and see what the throughput is. Maybe they can't put that many people in there but they built the capacity to do so. All that structure to hide the rides eats into available space. Can't wait to hang in the social club then float the rivers.

lazyboy97o

While it would not make a significant difference, Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort are under different building codes. There are also too many variables that go into determining Ocupant Load to simply compare site area.

Rider

Ride capacity is a different calculation than total park capacity. Ride capacity is how many people can ride in over a specific period of time. The capacity of the park is going to be mostly based on the total space of guest areas and the local fire codes.

Not to mention that their plan for virtual queues will mean that all those rides have no lines while all the guests are waiting by the pool or at the bar.

lazyboy97o

Ride capacity is a different calculation than total park capacity. Ride capacity is how many people can ride in over a specific period of time. The capacity of the park is going to be mostly based on the total space of guest areas and the local fire codes.

Not to mention that their plan for virtual queues will mean that all those rides have no lines while all the guests are waiting by the pool or at the bar.
Hourly capacity is the most commonly discussed metric but attractions also have a known, designed instantaneous capacity that would be reflected in the park's [instantaneous] capacity.

CxflfM0XAAAPF4Q.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/TheNJBrandon/status/799359796449189888

Somebody else posted this on Orlando United, but confirmation that the park is getting a night time show.

squidward

Does any one else fear that the areas like the wave pool/lazy river and sitting areas will be a disaster due to the massive crowds waiting in the virtual line?

I don't fear it as I really don't care, but yes - I think it's inevitable that the pool and lazy river will have massive crowds.

squidward

One thing I don't understand is how Universal is claiming this is the 3rd theme park, yet you can't access it with your annual pass.

Does any one else fear that the areas like the wave pool/lazy river and sitting areas will be a disaster due to the massive crowds waiting in the virtual line?

I don't fear it as I really don't care, but yes - I think it's inevitable that the pool and lazy river will have massive crowds.

I honestly expect that this would have been the first concern that came up when this idea was pitched, they're adding a lot like interactive environments, a sit down restaurant and various other things. I'd expect they have some sort of plan going into this. I could also be 100% wrong, but I doubt that it'll be some huge disaster.

Also, keep in mind that there is a lazy river, a rapids and a wave pool. Having three of those kind of attractions will help vs the standard one wave pool and one river.

BrerJon

They've done extensive testing of the system at Wet 'n' Wild, and looked at other parks that use virtual queues, so they'll have a good handle on what they need to build to accommodate the waiting guests. It's not like Disney where they pushed everyone out of the lines and then found there wasn't enough space - this will have been built into the designs from the start.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom