What's everyones favorite airline?

Kramerica

Original Poster
Just curious what airlines people have flown and what their favorite is? Perhaps if you have any horror stories with any airline, that would be fun to hear too ;D

I'll try and give a list and accurate recollection of every airline I've gotten to fly on, hopefully to create some fair comparisons with other people.

Alaskan Airlines- I've flown on Alaska a bunch seeing as my local airport is a major hub for them. They're good quality. They're a little more expensive than their competition, but you seem to get what you pay for. Their planes always feel updated and their flight staff seem experienced and friendly. But there's just not a lot to say about Alaskan, good or bad. Just a standard airline.

Southwest- Only flown with them a few times. Pretty inexpensive, but it does feel closer to a budget airline than most. Also- they don't do reserved seating. It's first come, first serve. I've read that they do this so that the passengers have incentive to be at the gate early in order to get a good seat and it minimizes delays. But it is odd.

United Airlines- Probably my least favorite that I've flown on. They feel cheap, even cheaper than Southwest. Good luck getting ahold of customer service. And any money you save on the ticket they try and get out of you through other ways. Infact, do have guaranteed seating next to people you're flying with, you have to pay an extra like, 30 bucks. That's right. They will intentionally split your party up in order to extort more money from you. This has been my least favorite flying experience.

Hawaiian Airlines- Think Alaskan with a tropical overlay. The colors are warmer. They'll serve Mai Tais on board. Stuff like that. The planes are nice, usually big planes in order to make the flight to Hawaii. Pretty good complimentary meals from what I can remember. I enjoyed flying with them even though they are sort of expensive. Not to get too far off into the weeds here though, but I flew out of Honolulu airport with them recently, and Honolulu is the worst airport I've ever been to. Just awful.

Jetblue- I've saved this one for last because this is my absolute favorite airline, and it's not even close. I will sing Jetblue's praise all day long. First, their customer service is second to none. Every time I call, I'm connected to a friendly Rep, very quickly, who's helpful and can speak English with a native tongue. Your ticket price drop since you bought it? Even if it's just a few bucks? No problem, call them and you'll get a credit applied to your account. As many times as you want on the same flight, too. Their loyalty program is awesome. And when you get onboard, the experience gets even better. They have the most standard legroom of any airline. And they're proud of it. Every seat has a tv screen with free direct tv, interactive map, sirius radio, etc. Every flight has free unlimited wifi. You're served a modest snack and drink from a friendly attendant. And the onboard food menu is very reasonably priced. The planes are always very clean, and I have yet to experience a delay with them, and I fly with them a lot. But the best part? The price. Sometimes it's so low I'm almost flabbergasted. My next flight with them is from Portland Oregon to Long Beach California and back, for Disneyland, I paid 66 dollars round trip. I cannot recommend Jetblue enough.

Edit: I've also flown Delta and American Airlines. Just ran out of time to write more

I'd love to hear what others have to say about their experiences!

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
American simply because it's what my family uses the most.

Otherwise, Southwest is my favorite because it's cheaper, has a unique boarding process, and the crew is usually the most polite.

Goofyernmost

For the time being... Jet Blue. Mostly for comfort. I have been on many airlines and have always been treated fine, but, some flights have just plain been physically uncomfortable.

rob0519

Honestly, at some point every airline I've flown has provided horrible customer service or accommodations in some form with the exception of Southwest. I have no favorite.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Just curious what airlines people have flown and what their favorite is? Perhaps if you have any horror stories with any airline, that would be fun to hear too ;D

United Airlines- Probably my least favorite that I've flown on. They feel cheap, even cheaper than Southwest. Good luck getting ahold of customer service. And any money you save on the ticket they try and get out of you through other ways. Infact, do have guaranteed seating next to people you're flying with, you have to pay an extra like, 30 bucks. That's right. They will intentionally split your party up in order to extort more money from you. This has been my least favorite flying experience.

!

And today:

United the first major airline to limit low-fare customers to one carry-on bag that fits under a seat, no compartment stowage of luggage allowed for low fare customers. Further, cheapest fares will not be assigned seats until day of departure, families will likely be split apart. And these discount tickets will no longer qualify as credits towards achieving United Elite Traveler status.

Like they are trying to drive their customers to other airlines.

BigChris77

Favourite? A close tie between Emirates and Etihad. Their customer service is exceptional, and the metal is new and well maintained. I think Etihad just edge it down to their interiors being a little less gaudy than Emirates.

Least favourite would have to be United. I've flown with them half a dozen times transatlantic, each time something has gone wrong (cancellations, overbooked, and one time COMPLETELY lost my reservation on the day of flying. I was Schrödinger's passenger, simultaneously checked in and not on the manifest). Mistakes happen, but UA's attitude was always a dismissive shrug...

FutureCEO

I have flown on Southwest and American. Southwest is better. Of course, it could be because I flew on those small half size planes on American.

MickeyMomV

We fly southwest 90% of the time. Free Luggage and in flight soda and snack are a huge plus.

We have flow Frontier and a couple of other cheap airlines and by the time you add luggage and some other "extras" the price is not far off from Southwest.

Goofyernmost

I cannot remember the name of the Airline Company, but, I do remember on Halloween evening flying back to Vermont from Boston on a toothpaste tube type, 10 passenger plane in a blizzard. Good times! BTW... not my favorite. I could practically read the instruments in the cockpit from my seat. No door or anything. Actually, I could read them, I just didn't know what they were telling me.

StarWarsGirl

I've flown Delta, United, and Southwest. United was the worst. I'm going to California in January, and even though United had a lower rate than Southwest, I chose Southwest. Not dealing with United if I can help it.

I usually end up flying Southwest because they offer low rates and have a lot of non-stops out of my home airport. Delta was very nice, though. Comfortable, and some of the planes have in-seat power, which is great. Their staff and Southwest's staff are pretty comparable as far as being friendly and helpful. I saw the new Cinderella and Jungle Book on Delta planes.

WDW Monorail

United/Continental is the only airline I have flown in the last 7 years and 26 or so flights in that time frame. By far my favorite airline and have never had any issue. They actually make it extremely easy to change flights or dates.

I am far from a typical traveler since I buy based on schedule and convenience, not price. In fact I paid over $1000 to fly to Orlando on United this past weekend.

I like their Mileage Plus program and credit card benefits. I can't wait to use their Polaris product being introduced in December.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I cannot remember the name of the Airline Company, but, I do remember on Halloween evening flying back to Vermont from Boston on a toothpaste tube type, 10 passenger plane in a blizzard. Good times! BTW... not my favorite. I could practically read the instruments in the cockpit from my seat. No door or anything. Actually, I could read them, I just didn't know what they were telling me.

Almost positive it was Air North (they flew out of Burlington, VT, with service over to places in upstate NY (Plattsburgh, Saranac Lake, were a few of them), and some locations in NH. (Air North had other names at different times--Allegheny, Mohawk, and Brockway.) They also flew down to a few regional airports in MA, in addition to Boston Logan. I flew a round-trip Boston-Burlington VT years ago. It was fun! Always enjoyed the smaller planes! :)

Goofyernmost

Almost positive it was Air North (they flew out of Burlington, VT, with service over to places in upstate NY (Plattsburgh, Saranac Lake, were a few of them), and some locations in NH. (Air North had other names at different times--Allegheny, Mohawk, and Brockway.) They also flew down to a few regional airports in MA, in addition to Boston Logan. I flew a round-trip Boston-Burlington VT years ago. It was fun! Always enjoyed the smaller planes! :)
Yea, but you like the cold weather too, so how do we go about trusting your opinion about anything. ;) It isn't so much fun in a blizzard, trust me on that one. Unless, of course, you find the process of dying in a plane crash fun.
Air North does sound familiar though.

Kramerica

Original Poster
I've flown Delta, United, and Southwest. United was the worst. I'm going to California in January, and even though United had a lower rate than Southwest, I chose Southwest. Not dealing with United if I can help it.

I usually end up flying Southwest because they offer low rates and have a lot of non-stops out of my home airport. Delta was very nice, though. Comfortable, and some of the planes have in-seat power, which is great. Their staff and Southwest's staff are pretty comparable as far as being friendly and helpful. I saw the new Cinderella and Jungle Book on Delta planes.

This last flight I had out of Hawaii on Hawaiian airlines had in seat power. Just a little power outlet on the back of the seats. I think every new airplane should have these built in, they're such a simple addition, but make a WORLD of difference. No more need for battery banks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom