Tokyo Disneyland/Sea expands!

SweetDuffy101

Original Poster
Is this new info circulating, or based on them not including it in their new B&TB mock ups?

Spirit seems to still believe Alice is coming to Tokyo.
OLC said that the alice area is gone(officially), and the only attraction has been officially announced is BATB area. Fantsyland Theater, the new BIg hero 6 Attraction(right were the new SW is.) Toontown will have new facilities like Meet Minnie Mouse studio and the new Popcorn shop in Toontown. there are still some attractions that hasnt been announced through 2020. source Disney Fan magazine September issue. during the interview of the OLC president.

BrianLo

OLC said that the alice area is gone(officially), and the only attraction has been officially announced is BATB area. Fantsyland Theater, the new BIg hero 6 Attraction(right were the new SW is.) Toontown will have new facilities like Meet Minnie Mouse studio and the new Popcorn shop in Toontown. there are still some attractions that hasnt been announced through 2020. source Disney Fan magazine September issue. during the interview of the OLC president.

Well that's depressing. I wonder why the sudden roll back in expenditure. They promised all sorts of spending in their annual reports in the medium term and yet seem to be doing very little of it.

Sped2424

Where did they say it was gone? Spirit seemed to indicate it was headed with the future additions that haven't been announced.

SweetDuffy101

Original Poster
well Their rival theme park USJ is opening new shows attraction each year(Minions,Flying Dinosaur,Mario land etc.)and increasing more attendance, and there are still unannounced attractions until 2023 for TDR. Frozen is till under development,The only thing confirmed attractions are BATB area Baymax attraction,Popcorn Shop,Minnies Studio, Soarin(Name TBD).

No Name

Plazma Rays Restaurant and IASW overhaul has been announced and will open in 2018!

Disney characters are being added to It's a Small World? Well, sigh... another victim. It's not so much that I dislike it, I just think it's unnecessary. The ride is great and has always been great on it's own

Oh but the music is being altered too? Now that's pushing it OLC... nor do I see your motive, considering that you don't really benefit from the IP promotion.

Has construction started on anything major, like Soarin or the Beauty and the Beast ride?

Last edited:

RandySavage

Disney characters are being added to It's a Small World? Well, sigh... another victim. It's not so much that I dislike it, I just think it's unnecessary. The ride is great and has always been great on it's own

Oh but the music is being altered too? Now that's pushing it OLC... nor do I see your motive, considering that you don't really benefit from the IP promotion.

Has construction started on anything major, like Soarin or the Beauty and the Beast ride?

To 'new' OLC management, kawaii, or cute Disney character infusion, is crack-cocaine, and they are deeply addicted. Look at the Camp Woodchuck that opened just days ago: http://tdrexplorer.com/100-photos-of-the-beautiful-camp-woodchuck/. Like most of their additions of late, it is pretty well done in isolation but detracts, IMO, from the more realistic or historic nature of the surrounding land (in the above example, mid-to-late 19th century West).

Since I'm not a big fan of OLC's toonification, Soarin' (assuming it stays character-free, fingers-crossed) is, for me, the most exciting thing to happen in Tokyo since 2005.

To answer your question, ground is being cleared as we speak for Soarin and in early 2017 the Raceway will close and clearing will commence sometime after for B&B. Hope you have patience, because even when earth starts moving, OLC constructs at a glacial pace (I feel like they are even slower than Orlando).

brb1006

I think this might have to do with there nighttime parade "Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights" having Disney characters on the Small World floats during the finale.

brb1006

To 'new' OLC management, kawaii, or cute Disney character infusion, is crack-cocaine, and they are deeply addicted. Look at the Camp Woodchuck that opened just days ago: http://tdrexplorer.com/100-photos-of-the-beautiful-camp-woodchuck/. Like most of their additions of late, it is pretty well done in isolation but detracts, IMO, from the more realistic or historic nature of the surrounding land (in the above example, mid-to-late 19th century West).

Since I'm not a big fan of OLC's toonification, Soarin' (assuming it stays character-free, fingers-crossed) is, for me, the most exciting thing to happen in Tokyo since 2005.

To answer your question, ground is being cleared as we speak for Soarin and in early 2017 the Raceway will close and clearing will commence sometime after for B&B. Hope you have patience, because even when earth starts moving, OLC constructs at a glacial pace (I feel like they are even slower than Orlando).
Well Cuteness is serious business in Japan unlike the rest of the world.

SweetDuffy101

Original Poster
and according to some forums that There is actually a new Small world building being Built right now, and there is a new Facade coming in as well. Small world Building Is half attraction and and half backstage area for parade floats. and now parade storage area has now been moved and had been taken down just a month ago.

Robbiemoo

Interesting that the original small world in Tokyo is being refurbished while they build a new ride. I wonder if it will be used to test something new before they move the ride to its new home, or if it's just a quick something new while construction is going on

malice

Interesting rumor...I'll be at the parks next week and will try to do some sleuthing. You can pretty much see any construction outside the berm from the resort monorail.

SweetDuffy101

Original Poster
here is one i saw on the forums they are pushing the small world to the back area of the park. the red and violet mark is the new building facade and the green mark will be the original attraction that is about to be demolished. according to some.

Attachments

• IMG_2198.PNG
    IMG_2198.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 790
  • IMG_2202.JPG
    IMG_2202.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 160

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom