Golden Forest Room at Sequoia Lodge

daringstoic

Original Poster
Has anyone stayed in a Golden Forest room recently? We had a regular room booked, but my brother decided to join us. When my mom called to rebook, they couldn't give us the same discounted rate (something about a 15% penalty? - I wasn't involved in this and didn't really get a good explanation) but upgraded us to a Golden Forest room for the two nights we're there. The upgrade and additional person/tickets/food somehow only cost us an extra $72. I read a couple reviews of the Golden Forest rooms on Trip Advisor and the reviewers both said that characters come out during breakfast in the Golden Forest dining area, but they were from more than three years ago. The official site doesn't say anything about the characters though. Does anyone know if the characters still visit breakfast?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I stayed at the Sequoia Lodge in June of 2015 and ultimately did not stay in the Golden Forest the extra snacks and the fast pass wasn't worth the extra cost at the time. I really thought about it though since it was a cheaper concierge than in WDW resorts. I do remember reading and hearing that for Golden Forest hot food was included in the breakfast but characters did not meet in that area anymore. Things could have changed since then.

Barcoco

From what I've read the characters don't meet there anymore but you get an upgraded breakfast. I'll be staying in a Golden Forest room later this month so i'll be able to confirm.

daringstoic

Original Poster
From what I've read the characters don't meet there anymore but you get an upgraded breakfast. I'll be staying in a Golden Forest room later this month so i'll be able to confirm.
Thanks, but I'm going to beat you to it. We're checking in Sunday night. :) I've done some more digging and I think you're right about the characters no longer being there, but I guess there's always the possibility of a pleasant surprise.

daringstoic

Original Poster
The breakfast was pretty good, but as expected, there were no characters. I highly recommend visiting the lounge for drinks in the evening though. The staff there will just hand you cans of pop to take back to your room or you can sit and enjoy the drinks there. It was a nice treat after spending the day in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom