Ferry dock remodel

roj2323

Original Poster
I have a feeling this is part one of the security upgrades.

All photos by https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct

Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 11.18.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 11.20.15 PM.png

kelknight84

Could also just have to do with the 2nd ferry loading dock. This area was not designed to appropriately load and unload at the 2nd position.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Inside sources say there will be security here for the bus drop off and the ferry security will be at TTC. Not sure on the plan for resort boats, maybe they will somehow direct all traffic that direction.

The cast has to setup a temporary queue every night. It's a huge PITA! The only good news is it's better than it was many years ago when they had to manually drag out the poles with heavy bases. They finally drilled permanent spots for queue poles a few years ago.

Last edited:

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
As i have mention before in a related thread.... Transportation and security are getting a long needed series of changes. This will be reflected most notably in the MK and surrounding area. Expect to see further changes at EPCOT, DHS....a subtle one at AK. Slated for 2 years of slow go.

*1023*

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

All personal opinion - this is starting to make sense.

I questioned why WDW did not move Day Trip Ferry Boat Security BACK to the TTC.. I was wrong.
WDW has decided that the ENTIRE LAKE AREA is an insecure zone. And I think they are right. By erecting a Lake Wall, they are establishing a clean Security perimeter in an area they can actually control. They can NOT control all shore line launch sites for the entire lake.

Kudos WDW - you are really beginning to THINK about all this. Just hope you don't run out of dry land in front of the MK :(.

matt9112

All personal opinion - this is starting to make sense.

I questioned why WDW did not move Day Trip Ferry Boat Security BACK to the TTC.. I was wrong.
WDW has decided that the ENTIRE LAKE AREA is an insecure zone. And I think they are right. By erecting a Lake Wall, they are establishing a clean Security perimeter in an area they can actually control. They can NOT control all shore line launch sites for the entire lake.

Kudos WDW - you are really beginning to THINK about all this. Just hope you don't run out of dry land in front of the MK :(.

Ah the world we live in fear around every corner.....

mm121

FerretAfros

whats this reference from?

are there any drawings or plans/permits of what there doing here? its hard to visualize whats going on

are they building an indoor building? or just walls to divide an outside area?
Based on the height and waterproof backing, those appear to be planter walls. Based on the photos, I drew their approximate location on the aerial below, in white
Ferry.jpg

This appears to give credence to the rumors of moving bus/monorail security to TTC and the hotels. Since ferry passengers would no longer need to pass through security upon arrival at MK, they would exit into the 'clean' zone, separate from bus passengers.

Guests arriving by bus would still have to pass though security before entering the park. I assume that some of the northern edge of the existing planter will be reclaimed for walking areas (shown in red), and the expanded plaza will provide space for more checkpoints (shown in yellow) to help deal with the capacity issues.

The red/yellow lines are pure speculation at this point, but the general concept seems to make sense with everything else we've heard. Additionally, it would significantly improve general crowdflow to the MK entrance, since it would no longer require funneling everybody though the narrow (hilly) paths to the existing central security area, only to spread out again at the park entrance

Weather_Lady

WOW - I hadn't realized that security wait times to enter the MK had gotten that bad! 45 minutes!??! We're planning on hopping to MK in the afternoon at least 3 times on our upcoming trip (11/13-11/21). Keeping my fingers crossed that we won't experience security wait times in the 45-minute neighborhood!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom