CSR room rehab coming soon

UPDATE:

The new rooms are doing away with some of the room furniture (armoire, chair and desk) and the ceiling fan. A gray cloth arm chair is in the corner. A long furniture piece will house the drawers, USB ports and glass front fridge (like a wine cooler). A 50" flat screen will be on the wall above the counter. A Kuerig coffee pot will replace the current version. There is also shelving.

Also new is no more carpets, instead they'll have faux hardwood floors. The mattress will be a memory foam, no more box springs (not sure I like this or if it was just for test rooms).

The bathroom is completely different. CSR will now have two sinks (counter space still available) and a medicine type cabinet next to the sinks, a new enclosed closet, new H2O products, and will have a walk in shower in some king rooms (casitas) and the rest of the rooms will have a tub.

The color scheme is lighter and brighter too, the sliding doors have a metallic look and there is Disney artwork on the walls.

The order will be ranchos, cabanas and then casitas

As always, until the construction starts, things are always subject to change.
If they are doing away with the desk are they replacing it with a small table and 2 chairs like the other moderates?

Jess G

UPDATE:

The new rooms are doing away with some of the room furniture (armoire, chair and desk) and the ceiling fan. A gray cloth arm chair is in the corner. A long furniture piece will house the drawers, USB ports and glass front fridge (like a wine cooler). A 50" flat screen will be on the wall above the counter. A Kuerig coffee pot will replace the current version. There is also shelving.

Also new is no more carpets, instead they'll have faux hardwood floors. The mattress will be a memory foam, no more box springs (not sure I like this or if it was just for test rooms).

The bathroom is completely different. CSR will now have two sinks (counter space still available) and a medicine type cabinet next to the sinks, a new enclosed closet, new H2O products, and will have a walk in shower in some king rooms (casitas) and the rest of the rooms will have a tub.

The color scheme is lighter and brighter too, the sliding doors have a metallic look and there is Disney artwork on the walls.

That really sounds great... I hope it still says consistent with moderate pricing because this sounds like a deluxe for real... i LOVE the idea for hard wood floors and a larger TV

Buzz2001

Original Poster
If they are doing away with the desk are they replacing it with a small table and 2 chairs like the other moderates?
No, there is no table and chairs. The long counter that will house the fridge and dresser has a spot to sit. Very similar to the one in the photo below but all one height

2u8bjgp.jpg

bee

UPDATE:

This is so exciting! We enjoyed our stay in July 2015 and would love to stay in an updated room after the refurb!

Ben E

No, there is no table and chairs. The long counter that will house the fridge and dresser has a spot to sit. Very similar to the one in the photo below but all one height

2u8bjgp.jpg

I'm guessing this isn't an "official" photo of the new rooms? Is there one out there? We're going to be there in January '17 and am requesting a Cabana room. I'm guessing those aren't going to be refurbed by then...?

BTW Buzz, started following your CSR FB page, great stuff!

Jahona

Wow the new rooms look a lot different. I like the changes to the bathroom the most. I'm not sure if I'm sold on the bedroom side just yet. I think the grey counter top could have been a bit more bold. I also miss the old green accents that added a nice touch of color to the rooms. I'm debating about Coronado or POFQ for a trip next year. Now this makes me want to check out CSR again.

surfsupdon

Thanks for the updates and photos Buzz. We are booked for PrincessHalf Weekend. Feb 23-28. I cancelled all room preferences and put in "above all- brand new renovated room."

It seems this will be ranchos first and then cabanas? Correct? Do you have a timetable - do you think any cabanas will be completed by our dates? @Buzz2001 Thank you in advance. I visited your Website too, it was very informative and well done, thanks!

LeighM

I'm hoping to stay at this resort for the first time in March 2018 after our cruise. I've stayed at Riverside 4 times now and I'm ready to try something new. It would be great if the renovations were complete by then :)

peter11435

I'm hoping to stay at this resort for the first time in March 2018 after our cruise. I've stayed at Riverside 4 times now and I'm ready to try something new. It would be great if the renovations were complete by then :)
It should be if things go as planned

emma c

Ok I'm starting to worry we are a booked to stay in May , will the pool and all other amenities be open stil? Hubby wanted to go back to POR but I wanted to try a different hotel and now I'm worrying!!!

emma c

It's just room rehabs, from what I have read. I've not seen anything indicating pool or other amenities will be affected. The main pool just got the fence around it. I seriously doubt that anything else would change. Besides, you could get lucky and get an upgrade to a Deluxe resort, as some guests have found.
That would be wonderful but I just don't have that much good luck! But long as we can use everything should be fine , can't wait looks such beautiful hotel.

Buzz2001

Original Poster
The refurb is for the rooms and the building exteriors (will be painted). The fence just went up this week around rancho 7a.

No one is sure what will come of building 9b. Rumor is that it is to be taken down to make room for something new. But nothing definite is out yet concerning 9b. Business class as we knew it ended on 12/31/16

No work to be done on the pools or dining

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom