Little confused?

xxcup0ftia

Original Poster
I want to say I posted on here back in July talking about my dilemma with my DCP and coming to terms with being termed 2 weeks before my program had ended back in the Fall of 2014 so I never officially finished it unfortunately.

Ever since then I know that I will never most likely be rehired with the company again but recently on a whim I decided to apply to my local Disney store and even though after an hour of automatic NLIC it was for sure no surprise to me until I got the email sent stating...

"we thank you for your application but due to you holding possessions from your previous employment we cannot consider you, if you wish to be considered please contact the department and return the items on which you possess"

I was/am still honestly in shock because I wouldn't ever dream Of even being "considered" for the position after being termed so you can understand my confusion.

I message costume recovery and they told me that I was missing a baseball cap I forgot to turn in and I am in the process of sending them the cashiers check in order to pay for it.

So now I have some questions to go off of..

1.What does it really mean?
Because I'm a lost for words and I feel like they are just teasing me by saying I would even be "considered" for this position.
Has anyone had this happen to them before? because I feel that they would automatically just decline me because of the termination reason first then putting my missing item before hand?

&

2. Im curious on how the reprimand system works because I've been wondering about how it affects an employee; from my understanding and reading other forums they never truly go away but they stop being active for discipline after 6 months, is that true?

If you must know I had 1 attendance and 2 cash reps

ULPO46

I want to say I posted on here back in July talking about my dilemma with my DCP and coming to terms with being termed 2 weeks before my program had ended back in the Fall of 2014 so I never officially finished it unfortunately.

Ever since then I know that I will never most likely be rehired with the company again but recently on a whim I decided to apply to my local Disney store and even though after an hour of automatic NLIC it was for sure no surprise to me until I got the email sent stating...

"we thank you for your application but due to you holding possessions from your previous employment we cannot consider you, if you wish to be considered please contact the department and return the items on which you possess"

I was/am still honestly in shock because I wouldn't ever dream Of even being "considered" for the position after being termed so you can understand my confusion.

I message costume recovery and they told me that I was missing a baseball cap I forgot to turn in and I am in the process of sending them the cashiers check in order to pay for it.

So now I have some questions to go off of..

1.What does it really mean?
Because I'm a lost for words and I feel like they are just teasing me by saying I would even be "considered" for this position.
Has anyone had this happen to them before? because I feel that they would automatically just decline me because of the termination reason first then putting my missing item before hand?

&

2. Im curious on how the reprimand system works because I've been wondering about how it affects an employee; from my understanding and reading other forums they never truly go away but they stop being active for discipline after 6 months, is that true?

If you must know I had 1 attendance and 2 cash reps
First off did you make a clean slate, e.g not mentioning that you worked for the company previously. After all there are hundreds of thousands of employees in the WDC. I'm sure one little incident at a college program would not deem you acceptable to get paid minimum wage at the local Disney Store which is an entire separate division all in it's self. Honestly i wonder what you might have done wrong to be deemed this. In all honesty, there are so many other places you can try to work that could use your talents. If the Disney store is doing this to you, you might as well have been blacklisted from the entire company. Sorry about it, but you are not the first or the last person to be blacklisted from working in any division of the company. Honestly even if it was a dream i'd try to find something else.

xxcup0ftia

Original Poster
during the application process it asked if I was ever employed by the company of course I said yes because I'm already in the system no point in saying no.

That's why I'm confused on as to why didn't they just send the typical email saying "I'm not eligible at this time to apply" like a normal person that's on a restricted rehire or no rehire? Instead they send that email saying I'm missing something and if I want to be considered in the future I should return in that missing belonging.

xxcup0ftia

Original Poster
Yeah but when I turned everything in they said I was good...
I mean either way it's only $3 so im going to pay for it.
And costuming gave the option of taking out of my pay roll when/if rehired so idk.

Dasnowz

many people will go through to face to face interviews and find out no rehire status at the point. you were termed for a reason and have points. I would not hold out hope on this. come to terms and move on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom