Help needed in my phone search!

AllStarMovies

Original Poster
Hey all!

As many of you have likely seen by now- Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 has been recalled yet again! This leaves me, a long-time Samsung user, high and dry. I have no remorse towards the company. However I don't plan on purchasing another Samsung phone. The Note 7 was their ultimate device, and an S7 or Note 5 would just feel like settling for less.

Accordingly, I am now in the market for another device that would be comparable to the note. I'm interested in other Androids, such as the Google Pixel XL, but find myself leaning towards an iPhone 7 Plus.

(I have been using Notes for a while now, and can't see myself using a device that isn't a 'phablet.')

That being said, I have not had an iPhone since iOS 6 was new. Hilariously, Siri wasn't even available on my last Apple device.

I am not biased toward any particular brand or company, -and the idea of familiarizing myself with an entirely new OS intrigues me.

Are there any Apple users out there who could offer me any input?

and

Does anyone else have suggestions for a different phablet for me to consider in my search?

Thanks to all who can help!

DizArielFan

I have the iPhone 7 Plus in Jet black and I love the phone! I come from a long line of iPhones, 4, 4S, 5c, 6 Plus, 6S Plus and now 7 Plus and I could never go back to a smaller screen since I watch Netflix and Hulu on my phone a lot. The 7 Plus has a very fast processor, everything opens up very quickly and the battery life has been very good so far, the camera is great also. I def recommend the 7 Plus, I am very happy with it. Only one MINOR complaint is that the Jet Black model does scratch very easily.

StarWarsGirl

I have to say, I went from a loyal iPod touch user to an Android person this year. I always had carpy Android phones and relied on my iPod for smartphone type functions. I always thought I would get an iPhone, but I had to replace my Android and finally got a mid-grade HTC. Never going back to iOS. The only thing I kind of miss is Siri and her smart responses to questions such as "Do you want to build a snowman?" :hilarious: But you can't expand their memory, Apple got rid of the headphone jack, so you have the added expense of having to buy an adapter, the OS isn't as customizable as Android, stuff you download tends to get lost in the abyss, and the screens are REALLY fragile. Just something to consider before you get an iPhone after being used to Android.

The LG V20 is coming out this month. It's the first phone that will have Android 7.0 on it and looks VERY cool. Well worth a look.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
But you can't expand their memory, Apple got rid of the headphone jack, so you have the added expense of having to buy an adapter, the OS isn't as customizable as Android, stuff you download tends to get lost in the abyss, and the screens are REALLY fragile. Just something to consider before you get an iPhone after being used to Android.
If you want to use old headphones, there is an adaptor in the box of every iPhone 7 - no need to buy anything.

The screens are Corning Gorilla Glass, just like all the other high end phones, so have very similar scratch and crack performance.

AllStarMovies

Original Poster
Thank you so much for the responses!

Unfortunately, I am required to carry out the process through my carrier due to the nature of the exchange process.

I have a 7 Plus, love it. iOS10 has come a long way since 6. Buy one from the Apple store, and you have 14 days to try it out and return if it isn't for you.

I am an Android guy so I am going to suggest the new Pixel XL. Just don't buy it from your carrier.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/google-pixel-verizon/

However, I have decided on an iPhone 7 plus. The vast majority of my friends and even family all use apple devices, and I feel that hopping on board with iOS would be in my best interests. Additionally, I no longer place the same value in many of the reasons for why I had stuck with Android over the years.

Again, thank you to all who were able to assist in my search! You all offered valuable points and tips that I was able to investigate along the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom