Disney Professional Internship - Drug Testing

Mousears1876

Hello all,

I realize that this question may be a bit inappropriate but I am currently in the Post-Interview stage for an Engineering Professional Internship and was just wondering if drug tests are done at all?

If so, are they done before you arrive or can they be done at random throughout your stay?

Thanks

Now that you have been through the process do you think you could answer the question for a new applicant like myself?

entrastudios

Original Poster
Hello all,

After being through the process, I can say that as of this day, I have yet to be drug tested. As a side note, I have chosen to abstain from smoking nonetheless since the beginning of my program here.

For guest facing roles, I'm almost certain that a drug test will occur.

All in all, try to make your best judgement based on the job description. Being an engineer, I very rarely interact with guests in the sense of impacting their safety.

I'll be open to any more questions if need be.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Hello all,

After being through the process, I can say that as of this day, I have yet to be drug tested. As a side note, I have chosen to abstain from smoking nonetheless since the beginning of my program here.

All in all, try to make your best judgement based on the job description. Being an engineer, I very rarely interact with guests in the sense of impacting their safety.

How is that, as an ENGINEER, you feel that your work does NOT affect guest safety???? Are you stoned?

entrastudios

Original Poster
I'd be more concerned about the person transporting me to and from the park, taking care of my food, helping me check in, etc.

The guest will never know of a software engineer developing software in a building somewhere on property.

So yes, in terms of safety, I agree that I have a lower impact than of those jobs I listed above.

This post was just meant to answer a question or provide support for others, not to berate me for a legitimate concern of mine.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Hello all,

Your lack of professionalism is appalling. You need to reconcile your attempt at a career with your self indulgence. Do you have any concept of standards ?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'd be more concerned about the person transporting me to and from the park, taking care of my food, helping me check in, etc.

The guest will never know of a software engineer developing software in a building somewhere on property.

So yes, in terms of safety, I agree that I have a lower impact than of those jobs I listed above.

This post was just meant to answer a question or provide support for others, not to berate me for a legitimate concern of mine.
A legitimate concern? LEGITIMATE??? You are asking about drug use on the job...HOW is that LEGITIMATE?

entrastudios

Original Poster
Your lack of professionalism is appalling. You need to reconcile your attempt at a career with your self indulgence. Do you have any concept of standards ?

I need to reevaluate my whole life. I mean, I must be doing bad in the grand scheme of things. You know, having a career, being responsible for myself, all of that jazz. Oops, I had a smoke by accident, my level of professionalism just dropped 5 points. I'm going to reconcile my attempt at my career so I can get back on track. I'm messing up. I need your help.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
" had a smoke by accident". You were just sitting there minding your own business when a pipe/blunt/vaporizer forced your lips open and caused your lungs to inhale. Sounds like a conscious action to me. Disingenuous at best showing a disregard for the posted company policy.

http://profinterns.disneycareers.com/en/onboarding/fl/pre-arrival-information/your-first-few-days/

Drug Testing
To ensure a safe and healthy environment for our guests and cast, we are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of the influences of drugs. For specific roles, an offer of employment is conditional based on a satisfactory result of a drug test result for illegal substances. The company also has a policy of drug and alcohol testing on a random basis or under other circumstances during the course of employment.

entrastudios

Original Poster
You're right, I did disregard the company policy and took a huge risk. A mistake I would have regretted had anything happened due to it.

That's really all there is to it. The fact of the matter is that I'm here now, having a blast and learning a ton.

Thanks for all of the input.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I'll leave the judgement aside, especially since I'm very much on the pro-legalization end of the spectrum.

Pre-hire they likely will, but they maintain the right to test you at any time. Also, in the event of a work related injury, you may be tested. This is pretty much the norm for most employers in the US.

Lastly, do NOT give Disney a reason to suspect you. If your boss smokes, that's wonderful - you don't. Disney leadership can be very backstabby, and if you admit to partaking in front of your boss who also does, it won't matter that they do it to - you fessed up.

And for s sake, do NOT keep anything on property, including any housing which Disney may provide. Do not do this at all. If you do that, you're asking to get termed and arrested.

Saying that, odds are if you're tested, it'll be pre-hire only. Disney rarely does subsequent testing, especially since if they were to test all of their CM's, they'd be unable to remain staffed to the levels they require.

Oh, and don't use drugs... or some like that. Seriously, do whatever you want with your life, just don't ruin someone else's.

s8film40

Lastly, do NOT give Disney a reason to suspect you. If your boss smokes, that's wonderful - you don't. Disney leadership can be very backstabby, and if you admit to partaking in front of your boss who also does, it won't matter that they do it to - you fessed up.
Probably also worth expanding this to co-workers as well. Definitely a trust no one situation. A co-worker looking to get ahead will take any opportunity to backstab someone else to get there.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Probably also worth expanding this to co-workers as well. Definitely a trust no one situation. A co-worker looking to get ahead will take any opportunity to backstab someone else to get there.

Bingo. Trust no one at Disney. I didn't learn this until too late.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom