Hurricane Matthew

DisneyGigi

We were going to head to Georgia coast this weekend but Remembering the effects felt in NC mountains in 2004, from Ivan and Frances, we postponed. Everyone be safe. Flooding can happen fast, even way inland from these storms. Hope they are way over preparing and the track keeps it away.

Daveeeeed

It depends on how long your trip is and if you're able to get to Orlando before the hurricane arrives. You could hunker down in your resort and wait for it to pass. At worse, you might miss one day in the parks.
We're staying at the shades of Green arriving Wednesday night and flying back. Not worried about missing one day to rain, but due to the speed of the storm it probably will be at least partly spread over two days, and Thursday morning we were planning to rope drop at 7:50am to go on Frozen. Seems like a Thursday morning is fine. Not worried about rain, but moreso the wind. If it's half a day no big deal but if it's 1 1/2 days then that cuts our 4 1/2 day vacation to 3. Not Ideal, and if it doesn't hit so much (fingers crossed).

Last edited:

ask!

we're driving down from NJ this sunday, checking in on monday. keeping an eye on it.
we are leaving from Philly on Sunday--- I am wondering what happens to my reservations etc if the airports get shut down. Does anyone have an info on this?? or who to call? we booked thru Disney Travel.

rodserling27

Just my luck! First hurricane Hermine over my Labor Day trip, now this guy has gotta throw a wrench in the plan! BLOW EAST! BLOW EAST!! Or at least don't interrupt the final MSEP showings! ;) I'm supposed to get in from Philly on Friday around 8pm...I may be OK depending on how fast this sucker moves out of the area...wish me luck! Good luck to all of you trying to get to WDW this weekend too!

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
we are leaving from Philly on Sunday--- I am wondering what happens to my reservations etc if the airports get shut down. Does anyone have an info on this?? or who to call? we booked thru Disney Travel.

When we got iced in, at the airport, for a couple of days in 2013 our agent kept Disney Travel in the loop. I'd do that if you are delayed. Since our delays were due to extraordinary weather events we were credited for the nights we missed, and park tickets included in the package we booked. YMMV

deanaandrich

We live in Brevard County- east of Orlando. Port Canaveral has already closed to boats and businesses. So far schools here are only closed Thursday and Friday. All beaches and other barrier islands like Merritt Island have mandatory evacuations starting at 3pm Wednesday. All state offices still open tomorrow. There is no bottled water left in the stores- Costco in Orlando even ran out today. I waited 3 hours for sandbags today and they ran out- hundreds of cars wound up with nothing. Even all the big box stores are out of sand.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
O
We live in Brevard County- east of Orlando. Port Canaveral has already closed to boats and businesses. So far schools here are only closed Thursday and Friday. All beaches and other barrier islands like Merritt Island have mandatory evacuations starting at 3pm Wednesday. All state offices still open tomorrow. There is no bottled water left in the stores- Costco in Orlando even ran out today. I waited 3 hours for sandbags today and they ran out- hundreds of cars wound up with nothing. Even all the big box stores are out of sand.
oy.

I'm so sorry beyond stressful hope it all works out in your favor. Be safe

DaveCummings

I'm a bit nervous about it. We're currently on our way to Disney, arriving tomorrow for our wedding at Seabreze point on Thursday. If it hits later Thursday into Friday it won't be as bad, since our wedding is at 10am, hoping rain holds off to keep it at our main location and definitely hoping it holds off long enough for our Magic Kingdom portrait session early Thursday morningBut we're admittedly very nervous.

Seanual757

11pm update has it 20 mm off Bernard coast. We will have 50+ mph winds in Central Florida.

Anyone flying in Thursday good luck I would not expect much in and out of MCO after 5pm. Airlines will move all equipment out of MCO to reposition for Friday late day ops and try to return to normal ops Saturday.

Daveeeeed

11pm update has it 20 mm off Bernard coast. We will have 50+ mph winds in Central Florida.

Anyone flying in Thursday good luck I would not expect much in and out of MCO after 5pm. Airlines will move all equipment out of MCO to reposition for Friday late day ops and try to return to normal ops Saturday.
Just cancelled our trip from Wednesday night to Monday night. We will be going Thanksgiving weekend instead.

wdwgreek

What about Mickeys Not So scary on Friday :'(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom