New night race coming?

Texas84

Original Poster
At the Disneyland Paris expo, runDisney announced that they are working on a new night race. No details were given. The speaker stated that W&D was moved to the morning due to the extended hours at AK. The speaker also said there has been demand for a new night race. So stay tuned!

Mad Stitch

Maybe they will bring back the Tower of Terror race for a third time. Besides the unknown future of the Studios when the race was dropped, I couldn't figure out why they did it. It seemed like it was a popular race.

Simba's Mom

The speaker stated that W&D was moved to the morning due to the extended hours at AK.

How late does DAK stay open? When the W&D was at night, the first runners reached the Animal Kingdom after 10:15 or so. I thought the latest AK was open was 9:00. Maybe they needed more time to set up, get ready for the runners. Either way, I know DH loved it at night and would love to see another night race.

surfsupdon

How late does DAK stay open? When the W&D was at night, the first runners reached the Animal Kingdom after 10:15 or so. I thought the latest AK was open was 9:00. Maybe they needed more time to set up, get ready for the runners. Either way, I know DH loved it at night and would love to see another night race.

That's the joke. I am sure AK was, on paper, supposed to stay open till 11 or so. But it doesn't. It closes from 6-8 this time of year. The night of this years race, the park closed at 7:30. Even after emptying the park by bus, we could have had a night race.

The real reason was the loss of money associated with an immediate afterparty that gets delayed. Because last years race was delayed, the afterparty started much later. So all of the food and drink that were purchased, were not all used as expected. By having the after party separate from the race, the party is available from 10-1 for EVERYBODY. Instead of 11:30-1230 for only the fast runners, and then the party slowly filling up as more runners finished.

Texas84

Original Poster
Rivers of Light was supposed to be open long ago and runDisney had to plan around it. The logistics have to be worked out far in advance. Current closing times are irrelevant to long-term plans that fell through.

surfsupdon

Rivers of Light was supposed to be open long ago and runDisney had to plan around it. The logistics have to be worked out far in advance. Current closing times are irrelevant to long-term plans that fell through.

Agree with you.

But even with Rivers of Light, I do not see AK staying open regularly past 9pm. I just don't.

Greenlawler

Nothing yet that I have read, or heard.

Well dangit....My boss paid for our family Disney trip this year so we went ahead and grabbed AP's.

Looks like Food and Wine then.

Princess is already booked and next year falls outside of our AP window.
Did Dark Side last year and would just prefer not to do that one again.

surfsupdon

Well dangit....My boss paid for our family Disney trip this year so we went ahead and grabbed AP's.

Looks like Food and Wine then.

Princess is already booked and next year falls outside of our AP window.
Did Dark Side last year and would just prefer not to do that one again.

I hear you. Yeah, I am not doing Star Wars races, I'm just not into Star Wars having never seen the movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom