Sea World can not survive on it's own.

Disneyhead'71

If they do a good job transitioning from live shows with real animals, and in a timely manner, I think they can survive. They need to stop being the abusement park that they have been for over 50 years (and don't tell me they treat the animals well, they do not). They got mostly positive reactions to the announcement that they'd end the whale breeding program and get rid of the circus-feel to the show in San Diego. But reactions and positive press aren't everything. They need to act as well. At the rate SW's swimming, they'll probably drown before making it across the pool.

SeaWorld should certainly get credit for their programs in which they rescue and aid sea animals. So they aren't a terrible company. It's just that their treatment of the performing animals is less than stellar, which has been well documented recently. And the "circus-style" shows give off a bad vibe. It makes the whales seem like toys, makes it seem like SeaWorld has no respect for them. At least in most zoos (DAK too), you get the vibe that the animals are respected. They aren't treated like toys to entertain us humans.

I don't think anyone else should step in to "save" SW. SeaWorld can't and shouldn't be saved. It needs to change. On its own terms, by its own will. That's how you go forward with an ethical business. That's how you win customers back.
You believed "Blackfish"?

matt78

All 'problem' gators are euthanized. They'd have to take that issue with the State. I don't think PETA would get far with that one..

They wouldn't go after Disney even if they could. There is no way they would win in a battle for public opinion against the Mouse.

21stamps

They wouldn't go after Disney even if they could. There is no way they would win in a battle for public opinion against the Mouse.
It's not Disney that kills the gators. It's the State of Florida. Those alligators would have been trapped, once seen, with or without the horrible situation that occurred. It's standard practice in Florida to remove large gators whenever they are near humans..or too close for comfort which would include Seven Seas Lagoon.

matt78

It's not Disney that kills the gators. It's the State of Florida. Those alligators would have been trapped, once seen, with or without the horrible situation that occurred. It's standard practice in Florida to remove large gators whenever they are near humans..or too close for comfort which would include Seven Seas Lagoon.

I know that. I'm just saying that they wouldn't go after Disney like they have SeaWorld.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I hear Uni are trying to incorporate orcas into their parks
fa53590baaa43a3cfcea4b313c9ee9d5.jpg

;)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Anything to do with any animal being in captivity will always cause issues with someone. Disney buying Sea World wouldnt fix those issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom