Changes to smoking locations at Epcot

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
images.jpg

James Norrie

As a smoker, I don't mind it. I, being as astute as I am, know that most people don't enjoy the smell of smoke wafting over themselves or their children. But, now I have to walk further to puff one down after pounding Sakejitos in Teppan.... :bawling:

Wendy Pleakley

Remember, when discussing the location of smoking areas at WDW, be sure to:

a) let everyone know that smoking is bad for you, an important fact that smokers are completely unaware of

and

b) provide unrealistic suggestions, such as banning smoking altogether on WDW property

and

c) be over dramatic about the effects of smoking areas. "I walked past the Adventureland smoking section one day and I got cancer and DIED!"

;)

No Name

Good! Fewer areas that I have to hold my breath and speed up while passing by.

Location is perhaps more important than quantity, and I cannot visualize where these are/were located, or specifically, how close they are/were to main areas. Hopefully location is being closely considered when they're making these decisions.

I can't recall any of the smoking sections in Epcot being too bad. However, the one in DHS near Tower of Terror is in a terror-ible location. Can't stand it. Right next to an outdoor quick service and right along the one-way Sunset Boulevard. It is pretty much impossible to avoid. If that gets eliminated or even just moved to a more secluded area, I will certainly be happy.

trampdog

EPCOT was never that bad. I know where they are and how to avoid them. The one by Germany gets a little rough from time to time, but that just means a 3 mph stride instead of 1 mph. The one in MK by BTMR is horrific, though. Since the ride is closed right now, I won't have to deal with it this time around.

My Mom was a smoker. Smoked from 16 to six months before her retirement at 70. Six months later she was diagnosed with Small Cell Lung Cancer. She passed away 18 months later while I was at WDW. There was only ONE cause of her cancer and that was smoking. If you have watched someone go through it, you wouldn't do it.

I'll get off my soap box now,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom