To Stop, or Not to Stop

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
Hello All! We're considering selling
Spending a few hours at SeaWorld during our trip and I'm trying to determine if it's worth it. One of my friends worked there and has a few free passes left that he offered to us, so all we'd have to pay for is parking and food. However, the only day we don't have plans is the last day of our trip, but we originally planned that because we'll be at MNSSHP on Thursday night. SeaWorld is only open until 6pm, and my assumption is that we probably wouldn't get there until 6pm.

Can we accomplish a good amount there in just 5 or 6 hours? Is it worth it after spending five days before that between Disney Parks and Universal?

maxairmike

Depends on what you want to do and the show schedule. If you only want to see one, maybe two shows and the times line up well, you can do that and the coasters pretty quickly. If you want to take some time and enjoy the animal exhibits you might be a little more pressed for time. If all you care about are the coasters, you'll get multiple laps on each.

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
Depends on what you want to do and the show schedule. If you only want to see one, maybe two shows and the times line up well, you can do that and the coasters pretty quickly. If you want to take some time and enjoy the animal exhibits you might be a little more pressed for time. If all you care about are the coasters, you'll get multiple laps on each.

Definitely in it for the coasters! Maybe visiting some exhibits so my five year old can check them out, but nothing too crazy.

Tom Morrow

So you would be going on a Friday? This time of year there are virtually no lines at SeaWorld except maybe Saturday and Sunday, and you would most likely be able to ride each coaster multiple times.

Remember that you have to be 54 inches tall to ride Mako, Kraken, and Manta so your 5 year old probably can't ride.

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
So you would be going on a Friday? This time of year there are virtually no lines at SeaWorld except maybe Saturday and Sunday, and you would most likely be able to ride each coaster multiple times.

Remember that you have to be 54 inches tall to ride Mako, Kraken, and Manta so your 5 year old probably can't ride.

Oh I know, that's part of the reason why I wasn't sure if it's worth it. I know there's more to do and my boyfriend and I can take turns going on the coasters if we want to, it's just hard. Haha.

maxairmike

If you're in it for the coasters I would say it would be worth stopping in. Manta has the aquarium right there, Mako has Sharks right next door, and Kraken...well there's the small aquarium at the exit of Atlantis next door. You can probably get a few rides on Mako each while the other goes through Sharks with the kid, and switch off, same with Manta and its aquarium.

raven

Even if you saw a couple of the shows and visited the sting ray tank and saw the dolphins. It will be worth it.

Tom Morrow

Oh I know, that's part of the reason why I wasn't sure if it's worth it. I know there's more to do and my boyfriend and I can take turns going on the coasters if we want to, it's just hard. Haha.
SeaWorld also offers a child swap like Disney and Universal, which would also help if there are lines, but I wouldn't expect lines to be long at all. Especially after the initial opening rush.

Bairstow

5 hours is plenty to see the highlights at SeaWorld, and it's definitely worth your time.
If you and your boyfriend are into coasters, the park is now sort of a can't-miss, especially if you're a fan of Bolliger and Mabillard stuff.
We were there this past Sunday and queues were very short for everything.
You'll want to bring a change of clothes for your 5-year-old, though- the kids' play area is very wet.

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
5 hours is plenty to see the highlights at SeaWorld, and it's definitely worth your time.
If you and your boyfriend are into coasters, the park is now sort of a can't-miss, especially if you're a fan of Bolliger and Mabillard stuff.
We were there this past Sunday and queues were very short for everything.
You'll want to bring a change of clothes for your 5-year-old, though- the kids' play area is very wet.
Thank you for the heads up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom