Trip Report * Completed* Our quick and rainy weekend trip!

Hi everyone! My Mom and I safely made it home Monday night from our trip so I wanted to get started on our TR!

Who?:
My Mom and I (Mary and Megan, the M and M’s as @Longers likes to call us :))
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7791708155.jpeg

Where?:
The Boardwalk Inn :rolleyes:
DSCF2024.JPG

When?:
September 3 – September 5, 2016

Why?:

Flights were on sale, huge AP discount at the hotels and well, why not?

Day 1: September 3, 2016
My Mom and I both got up around 5:15 am and got ready to leave. My Dad was kind enough to get up too and drive us to the airport!
IMG_0912.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG
If anyone remembers my last TR, you will remember the insane lines we encountered at Southwest and TSA in May. Luckily, I did not have the sinking feeling this time and my intuition was right. It was so dead at the Southwest counter that the worker checked us in himself instead of the computer (after my Mom and I spent the whole drive there memorizing the confirmation number to type in haha). My Mom got TSA pre-check and I did not. She was going to wait with me, but I had my laptop with me (more on that later) so we swapped bags and she took mine so we didn’t have to take the computer out. When I was in the regular line I ran into some friends to chat with! I also could see my Mom digging through my bag to find the bug spray I put in there to take it out (no one wants to get Zika!). She couldn’t find it, but you don’t need to take it out for pre-check anyway!

Anyway, my line wasn’t too long but it halted a bit when I got to the point where they check your ticket and ID. The people in front of me had either no ticket or the wrong passport, so there was some confusion. There was also a man behind me freaking out because he forgot he had a swiss army knife in his pocket and did not know what to do with it (they took it peacefully from him to be destroyed). Well, after all these delays I thought I was good. Unfortunately, no. When I get through the scanner thing something pops up in my stomach that looks like metal. Although this is weird, its actually not the first time this has happened to me for whatever reason. The TSA lady was super apologetic, but was like I need to search around your skirt. Only, I was wearing a skort and she didn’t know what to do hahahahaha. :p:D:joyfull: She wanted to move me to a more private area, but I really didn’t care as the whole thing was discreet. The best part was my Mom was sitting like 10 feet from me watching the entire thing trying not to laugh! Anyway they swiped my hands (for residue?) and deemed I was safe so let me through. The whole thing was very bizarre.

We were through security by like 6:30 and had a lot of time to kill so headed to grab some bagels and water.
In case you forgot what a bagel looks like
IMG_0920.JPG

After that we headed to the gate and waited a bit (like an hour, because we were so early haha)
IMG_2269.jpg

We got some good people watching in as we watched this lady (white sweater) move her wheelchair around so much that she started blocking in all those people sitting there :joyfull:
IMG_0924.JPG

We also heard some little boys come by us and said “This isn't our gate! We are going to Florida and this gate says Orlando!” It was so cute. Their Mom was shaking her head, “Orlando IS in Florida haha.”
Finally it was time to board! My Mom always sits by the window and I sit in the middle. It doesn't bother me to sit in the middle because I am so short :) Some guy came and sat next to me and he smelled so bad :hungover:. Luckily I must have gotten used to it because I forgot about it by the end !
Petey and Drake were ready for the trip!
IMG_2272.jpg

My Mom fell asleep in the beginning of the flight, so I entertained myself by putting my Magic Band on
IMG_2273.jpg

Eventually my Mom woke up and she started using my iPad to watch TV. It wasn't working well, so I gave her my macbook to use and she tried to move things around on it like it was a touch screen :hilarious::jawdrop:
All in all the wifi wasn't working that well so we ended up just watching The Little Mermaid and it finished right as I had to put my laptop away :)

Next up: MCO and the Boardwalk!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Another report, yay yay yay :p Cant wait to hear more!

:) Thanks!

Yay the M & M's weekend report trip!
Loving the purple magic band - can't wait to get mine - following along

Love the purple Magic Band so had to pick it for our AP band :)

I love your trip reports. You and your mom always look like you're having so much fun!I

Thank you! We travel really well together!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
When we got to the airport we headed towards our first ride, the fonorail!
Yay! We are in Florida!
IMG_0927.JPG

IMG_0928.JPG

IMG_0930.JPG

IMG_0931.JPG

We acted like tourists right away (but at the same time I was vlogging in the whole airport and people kept staring at me like I was talking to myself) :)
IMG_0934.JPG

We headed down to the ME line and hopped in line for the Boardwalk.
We waited like a good 20 minutes for our bus, I think they were just waiting for more people to get in line so no big deal.
The big deal was we got a silly yellow bus :oops:
IMG_0938.JPG

Oh well, yellow or not it still brought us to Disney haha
Our room "wasn't quite ready" but ended up being ready while we were on the bus! *yes I saved the old Disney texts
IMG_2274.PNG

DME means Ears time!
IMG_3123.jpg

Hello sign!
IMG_2282.jpg
IMG_2283.jpg

Next up: arriving at The Boardwalk!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
Hello clouds!
IMG_2278.jpg

The Caribbean was the first stop and we arrived there it started pouring! We stayed there once and it was so cold that trip we unfortunately have bad vibes with the Caribbean and will prob never stay there again :confused:
The Boardwalk was next and it was still very rainy as you can see
IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

I went to the check in desk because I thought with room only reservations I had to finish paying when I checked in, but actually you don't they just charge it to your room. So, instead I changed our credit cards around and were on our way to the room!
First some random pictures I look of the lobby (er, I mean chandeliers)
IMG_0948.JPG
IMG_0949.JPG
IMG_3124.jpg

We headed to our room which was on the second floor (aka the main floor where the lobby is) so it was right in the center of the hotel and very close to everything! I didn't know the Boardwalk at all so picked close to the lobby which worked out well.
Our room was HUGE! It was way too much space for just the two of us, but we loved it!
What follows is an onslaught of room pictures
IMG_0951.JPG
IMG_0952.JPG
IMG_0953.JPG
IMG_0954.jpg

Next up: pictures continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
Room pictures continued!
We forgot we would get a balcony! That was so nice!
IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0957.JPG

There was supposed to be construction going on (we got a letter) and the trucks were outside but we never heard or saw anything
The TV was huge!
IMG_0955.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

Cute little Mickey
IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

The closet was huge! Of all times we don't need to unpack its the time we get the huge closet...haha
IMG_0963.JPG

Next up: in search of food

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
Well we stayed in our room long enough to appreciate it, but we were starving so headed out in search of food! We got lost briefly around the quiet pool, so went back into the hotel to get oriented and then figured it out :)
It was still raining like crazy, but also sunny at the same time. We had on our ponchos, but quickly ditched them because it was too hot!
DSCF2024.JPG

FYI the Boardwalk is insanely slippery when it rains! Be advised! My Mom slipped several times haha
I apologize for the lack of pictures, it was raining too hard for me to pull out my camera! In this particular Epcot entrance everyone over the age of 14 had to go through the metal detectors.
Finally as we made our way around World Showcase towards Mexico (by way of Canada, opening of World Showcase) we made it to Mexico and it stopped raining!
IMG_0965.JPG

This is my half hearted/I'm starving attempt at taking a picture of Mexico
IMG_0967.JPG

Anyway, for lunch my Mom and I both got the kid's cheese empanadas meal. My Mom grabbed us a table inside while I waited for the food because it was so crowded. I carried the tray of all our drinks (two waters and 2 pops) and food and panicked a bit about how I was going to get inside. Thankfully someone hopped up to help me out :) Carrying a tray is major anxiety for me :p :oops:
IMG_0968.JPG

yum! Our lunch was great and we were no longer cranky so we moved on explore World Showcase a bit
Had to check out these lovely restrooms ;) @Tuvalu. I tried to take a quick picture before someone looked at me like I was a weirdo
IMG_0971.JPG

Hello Frozen-land...you were not our final stop!
IMG_0972.jpg

Here is my half hearted picture of China...what the heck was wrong with me haha I apparently did not feel like taking pictures
IMG_0973.JPG

The sky after the rain was so pretty
IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0977.JPG

Next up: treats and Fast Passes

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
You guys may remember my Mom's love of taking unflattering pictures, so I thought I would share this lovely one with you (forgot to share it in the previous post)
IMG_3125.jpg

What can I say, I was starving :confused:
Here's a better version
IMG_3126.jpg

Anyway, moving on.
Our final stop was for some caramel treats in Germany!
We waited in the line (on a side note, why can no one decide what they want in this store...move it along :p) and headed outside to enjoy our treats by the water.
We enjoyed our treats, but did not enjoy the ducks and squirrels that were all up in our business :) Luckily a small boy decided his new job was to chase the ducks off :rolleyes:
My Mom chose a sea salted milk chocolate caramel
IMG_0981.JPG

I chose a rice crispy treat with chocolate and caramel on top. Why did I choose this? No clue. As I have made very clear I don't really like chocolate on my rice crispy treats and this was no exception. I had a small piece and kept the rest of it in the hotel (never ate it, sadly)
IMG_0980.JPG

After this it was time for our first FP so we headed toward Future World
IMG_0983.JPG
IMG_0984.JPG
IMG_0985.jpg

One thing we noticed was that there were not many photographers out and about. I don't know if that has something with heat or what. Our first Fast Pass was for the new Soarin'
IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_0989.JPG

Well, we loved this! I loved the new scents and smiled from ear to ear the entire time. I get the criticism of the tech and computer additions, but I still thought it was cool! Highly recommended. I may have cried a little....:facepalm:

Next up: finishing off our afternoon

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued:
After Soarin' it was immediately time for our next Fast Pass
We headed to my Mom's (least) favorite ride: Living with the Land
IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_0999.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_1006.JPG

IMG_1007.JPG

We (read I) enjoyed our ride as usual. While getting on the ride I changed our next FP to Figment instead of Spaceship Earth because there would have been a huge gap otherwise
This may seem like a waste of a FP but the wait was actually 30 minutes! Plus we got an extra bump up in the line because they were looking for a party of two.
IMG_1009.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

Next up: Meet and Greets and Spaceship Earth

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued:
After Figment we wandered around a bit. We went into the Baymax and Inside Out Meet and Greets, but the lines were too long so we moved on. Its cool that they have Baymax out in the open, though, so you can see him. I didn't take any pictures because I did not want to creep on other people. :p
We checked out the Visa M and G after this and the line was short so we hopped in.
When it was our turn Mickey was having some trouble and left...so it was just Goofy at first.
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7791866448.jpeg

The photographer had us leaving after this, but when we turned around to pick up our bags Mickey was making his grand entrance for us :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7791883748.jpeg

The photographer got this cute picture of my Mom and Mickey
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7791882287.jpeg

After this I was able to grab a FP for Spaceship Earth so we headed over there
IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_1025.JPG

The pictures STILL won't working :( Its been like 4 months! I made a great face too haha
Anyway, after this we decided to head back to the hotel for a break
IMG_1030.jpg
IMG_1031.JPG

We got a random Photopass because someone was finally out!
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7791708155.jpeg

I found someone wearing heels :eek:
Cute outfit, just wouldn't wear it walking around the parks
IMG_1033.JPG

Next up: back at the hotel for a break

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom