Names on Magic Bands

sm57co

Original Poster
This may be the stupidest question in the history of this website but when I order my MagicBands, can I put any name down that I like? I was going to put each of my family as someone from the Incredibles then I thought, man that would be horrible if I ruined my vacation due to some credit fraud or something that was tied back to the hotel, etc ...

Sincerely,
Bob Parr

Dylan Ann

My trip is in December, and I have until around November 11th to commit to a name. I'm holding off until the last minute, hoping I can put "Dr. Dylan", but I have to wait to see if I'll be able to schedule my dissertation defense in November or not! Lots more writing to do, but believe it or not, the thought of Dr. Dylan on my Magic Band (and maybe matching t-shirt and Mickey ears) is keeping me motivated.

Rob562

And as a side note, the name is printed on the *inside* of the Band. No one can see it while the Band is being worn. It's simply a way to tell same-colored Bands apart when you go to put them on.

And it is not accessible to the CM's either. When you check into the park entrance and at FastPass+ posts, the name that comes up on the CM's screen is the first name as it appears on your MDE profile.

-Rob

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
My trip is in December, and I have until around November 11th to commit to a name. I'm holding off until the last minute, hoping I can put "Dr. Dylan", but I have to wait to see if I'll be able to schedule my dissertation defense in November or not! Lots more writing to do, but believe it or not, the thought of Dr. Dylan on my Magic Band (and maybe matching t-shirt and Mickey ears) is keeping me motivated.

Way to go Dylan! You keep that carrot out in front....its such a little thing to put in on mb but such a BIG THING that it represents....:D.btw wasn't it you who wanted to get Mom a Tink MB? Did you???? ;)

Dylan Ann

Way to go Dylan! You keep that carrot out in front....its such a little thing to put in on mb but such a BIG THING that it represents....:D.btw wasn't it you who wanted to get Mom a Tink MB? Did you???? ;)

It's so funny you ask because on Monday the Disney store was offering a free shipping sale, so I went ahead and ordered the Tink band for mom (along with a cute $25 Tink hoodie that was on clearance). I'm excited to see them! We leave on December 11th, and mom is coming down to me on December 10th so we can fly down together, so I figure I'll wrap them and we'll have a little mini-Christmas the night before we leave for the trip. Focusing on this trip is real incentive to keep chugging along on the doctorate!

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
It's so funny you ask because on Monday the Disney store was offering a free shipping sale, so I went ahead and ordered the Tink band for mom (along with a cute $25 Tink hoodie that was on clearance). I'm excited to see them! We leave on December 11th, and mom is coming down to me on December 10th so we can fly down together, so I figure I'll wrap them and we'll have a little mini-Christmas the night before we leave for the trip. Focusing on this trip is real incentive to keep chugging along on the doctorate!

Delayed gratification is a wonderful thing! Of course now you have me looking up the hoodie....:D. Will be worth the wait.....both the doctorate AND the Disney Trip....with Mom!:) Very nice choice in MB's if I do say so myself.....;) She will be happy you thought of her.

Kate Alan

Never used my real name on any MB other than my AP (and only because I wanted it to be "official"-looking, lol). In fact, I don't think anyone in our travel group used their real names this time around. My name for this upcoming trip is "Figment" with a purple band...couldn't resist. :D

allgiggles

Not sure if it is creative or not but for the most part we use our initials and date of arrival. That way when we get back we always know who's was who's and from what trip they were from.

We do something similar -- name/nickname and year: "Judy 16" -- so that we can keep track of the dates and have a better idea of whether they're worth taking along on a future trip. We don't want to use them if the long-range battery has died.

DrummerAlly

I heard, from another person at the parks, that if you buy a specialized band from the stores (the ones with characters and designs on them) that they will not print anything on the inside other than your name on the reservation. As others said, you can definitely put whatever you want on the free bands. That said, I heard this from a random person, so I can't say for sure if thats true.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I heard, from another person at the parks, that if you buy a specialized band from the stores (the ones with characters and designs on them) that they will not print anything on the inside other than your name on the reservation. As others said, you can definitely put whatever you want on the free bands. That said, I heard this from a random person, so I can't say for sure if thats true.
The only thing inside the specialty bands is the serial number. This is also true when you "make your own" custom band at the shop in Space Mountain. No names. Then you link the specialty band to your MDE account and the name which appears on the FP screens (like any band linked to your account) is the proper name associated with the reservation.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Just be careful with your choices if you're planning on riding it's a small world. It could get very interesting when they display the personalized goodbye messages at the end. :jawdrop:
The screen will only display the proper name associated with the reservation. No need to worry about risqué names unless it is a real name.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom