Does anyone miss Alien Encounter, or is it just me?

Tori the Traveler

I remember going on this ride when I was really, really young close to it's closing date, and being HORRIFIED. Now though? I would LOVE to experience the terror, honestly. I think the attraction was for a type of guest that didn't really exist during the ride's heyday but was ushered in with thrill rides like The Mummy and Tower of Terror. If it opened around 2012-2014 in DHS it would have made the BIGGEST splash. In MK, parents expect every ride to be at least somewhat child friendly. It was the wrong place & time. Sad!

DavidS1234

I remember going on this ride when I was really, really young close to it's closing date, and being HORRIFIED. Now though? I would LOVE to experience the terror, honestly. I think the attraction was for a type of guest that didn't really exist during the ride's heyday but was ushered in with thrill rides like The Mummy and Tower of Terror. If it opened around 2012-2014 in DHS it would have made the BIGGEST splash. In MK, parents expect every ride to be at least somewhat child friendly. It was the wrong place & time. Sad!

Welcome to the forums Tori! Yeah, the original ride was pretty scary for some people. The action and effects were mostly psychological...footsteps stomping around, hot breath on the back of your neck, "monster-drool" sprayed in your face....etc. But it was very convincing for those with good imagination, and kids happen to usually have overactive imagination...lol.

Tori the Traveler

Welcome to the forums Tori! Yeah, the original ride was pretty scary for some people. The action and effects were mostly psychological...footsteps stomping around, hot breath on the back of your neck, "monster-drool" sprayed in your face....etc. But it was very convincing for those with good imagination, and kids happen to usually have overactive imagination...lol.

Yeah, I totally remember all that! It was so terrifying the whole experience was like SEARED into my brain, hahaha! But totally, kids clearly just buy into all that. I'm a semi-adult and The Haunted Mansion still gets me! Damn those jump scares. But wouldn't you be STOKED about an Alien Encounter type ride in DHS? Even something more dark-ride like with a vehicle? Ugh, my mind's buzzing. And thanks for the welcome! :)

DavidS1234

Yeah, I totally remember all that! It was so terrifying the whole experience was like SEARED into my brain, hahaha! But totally, kids clearly just buy into all that. I'm a semi-adult and The Haunted Mansion still gets me! Damn those jump scares. But wouldn't you be STOKED about an Alien Encounter type ride in DHS? Even something more dark-ride like with a vehicle? Ugh, my mind's buzzing. And thanks for the welcome! :)

I would TOTALLY be down for something like that! Something I always thought would be cool to see was a roller coaster ride through tunnels to that spooky cave with the Pirate Ship in The Goonies movie, with the skeletons and everything. :)

powderehss

never got to ride when i had the chance!
they turned it into Stitch when I was eight...

A damn shame... My dad [and I think my mum] both loved AE a bunch when it was running.
Went on Stitch though back in March... sucked eggs. I went on it mainly for Skippy actually haha.
my sister wanted to MURDER me for riding it with her a second time because i wanted to take pics of Skippy lol

i gotta support my little softboy space tapir-hamster thing you know. he's a good little noodle

Mark Dunne

I really loved Alien Encounter! I know it wasn't a classic, and it wasn't very Disney-ish, but it was always a must do attraction. I'd much rather have AE instead of Stitch.
Absolutely agree,I know they can't do scary in MK. maybe best in MGM studios(now there's a blast from the past)

Rowlet

I miss it so much! It was definitely scary - I remember being terrified the first time I went on it but after that initial time, I loved it every time. It definitely gave MK's Tomorrowland that thrill edge but I understand why it was closed due to parents believing it was too much. Either way, I love watching old videos of it and seeing and hearing all the celebs involved!

LMSB

Mom & I rode it once, in 1996 in 97 can't remember exactly.. sis was scared so her & Dad did another attraction. I thought it was super scary but loved it!!

John park hopper

Alien encounter should have been moved to MGM studios it would have been a much better fit rather than MK- it would still be relevant today. The ride was great I was so sad to see it turned into Stitch AE was my all time favorite

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Tim Curry is one of my favorite actors, so I miss Alien Encounter just because I miss S.I.R.... maybe there are opportunities to bring him back into the park... Muppet's Treasure Island overlay of Pirates of the Caribbean? Clue overlay of Tower of Terror? IT overlay of Dumbo?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom