New Disneyland Parking Garage and Transportation Hub

SSG

Is that the "This park has substances that are known to the state of California to cause cancer?" Ridic.
Even Mickey can't beat prop 65

OSHA.jpg

SSG

The video was nice to see, as I doubt any of us have ever actually visited the Carousel Inn. Any time I've dropped into the Pizza Press next door it's been after leaving the parks at night and you can't see much.

But I just can't warn people enough, you really must watch this video with the mute button on. The idiocy of the comments and dialogue will steal some of your brain cells if you don't hit mute.
I don't find them that annoying, but yes, the primary value of these videos is being able see the areas being talked about and using that to make better informed guesses (cuz that's all any of us are doing) as to what Disney has in mind.

NobodyElse

I'm sure security would be better if Disney owned this joint. I'm reliably informed that they don't actually own the Carousel; Disney just slapped a Good Neighbor Hotel brand on it.

(Without searching for more info) I've seen this theory before. What leads you to believe it's true?

Curious Constance

I just watched the video with sound. I feel like an ivy league scholar right now.
Did he just guess they're going to raise the Monorail to go over top of the walkway?!?!?!?!?!?

Curious Constance

And Hans! The woman really did think the new parking structure was going to be the actual hotel lmao She thought that was feasible, yet, when the guy said no, it's actually going to be flattened and made into a walkway and transportation hub she gasped with wonder and amazement lol

D

Deleted member 107043

And Hans! The woman really did think the new parking structure was going to be the actual hotel lmao She thought that was feasible, yet, when the guy said no, it's actually going to be flattened and made into a walkway and transportation hub she gasped with wonder and amazement lol

Maybe they're trolling the Internet by mocking obsessed Disney fans. If they are it's brilliant.

TP2000

I don't find them that annoying, but yes, the primary value of these videos is being able see the areas being talked about and using that to make better informed guesses (cuz that's all any of us are doing) as to what Disney has in mind.

You are much kinder than I am. I recently got stuck in a YouTube loop recently watching all their videos. They have several just about the skybridge and "raising the monorail" and "lowering Harbor Blvd." They are really, really concerned about grade issues. It stole some of my brain cells and a part of my soul.

I just watched the video with sound. I feel like an ivy league scholar right now.
Did he just guess they're going to raise the Monorail to go over top of the walkway?!?!?!?!?!?

If you are feeling really brave, try looking at his YouTube channel for all the videos they made this week about monorails, Harbor, and bridges.

SSG

You are much kinder than I am. I recently got stuck in a YouTube loop recently watching all their videos. They have several just about the skybridge and "raising the monorail" and "lowering Harbor Blvd." They are really, really concerned about grade issues. It stole some of my brain cells and a part of my soul

Yeah, I decided to not post that one about lowering Harbor. Figured some heads would explode if I did.

Old Mouseketeer

(Without searching for more info) I've seen this theory before. What leads you to believe it's true?

It's been documented in the press that Disney has purchased the Carousel. And I believe that it has been announced that it will close next year. Disney would not release renderings and plot plans with a pedestrian walkway through a motel they didn't already own.

Curious Constance

It's been documented in the press that Disney has purchased the Carousel. And I believe that it has been announced that it will close next year. Disney would not release renderings and plot plans with a pedestrian walkway through a motel they didn't already own.
That would be totally awesome if they did though!!!!!

Figments Friend

I agree....it does 'suck' to stay in a hotel right there on Harbor.
I don't speak from experience, as I always room on W. Katella Ave, but over the years I have never really seen the appeal on staying anywhere on Harbor.

Yes, its's 'closer to the Parks', but in my view, that is actually the 'problem' as it attracts so many people and businesses that it clutters up the area something fierce.
It's extremely congested and has about as much visual charm as I-Drive in Orlando.
Lots of 'tourist traps', questionable motels ( some decent options.. ), and traffic, crowds, and more traffic.
Panhandlers, chintzy restaurants ( some decent options ), shady corners here and there.
To each there own of course, but I personally would rather stay away from the crowds and mayhem.

Why be smushed into a congested area like that when a few steps away one can enjoy some elbow room on Katella..?
Yeah, visitors from out of town typically want to stay on Harbor and be as close to the Park as possible.
Not being familiar with the area tends to make you want to stay 'right next door' to the place you are in town to visit.
I get that, but people are missing out on a better experience in my opinion.

W.Katella is great in comparison.
More scenic. Love those palm tree walkways, and the white mini lights at night.
Less crowded. The 15 / 20 minute walk to the Park is enjoyable and relaxing when you are not getting swept along by crowds of baby strollers and large groups.
Traffic is not as crazy. You can cross the wide streets without feeling like you are about to get run over...by both people and cars.
Better hotel options ( your mileage may vary ).

Best of all -
Close enough to the Parks and the action, but just far enough away to keep you away from the craziness and congestion.
YES!
That is what I like about staying on Katella the most - close, but not TOO close...if ya know what I mean!

;)

-

Curious Constance

Has anyone heard anything about the Park Vue Inn and when it's set to start building the brand new version of it's hotel? I'm also curious if the old one will remain open while they build the new one?
Anyone heard anything?
@TP2000?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom