TOT Preshow Rooms / TOT disneyland

MattyMitch

Original Poster
Hi again,

Got another question about the preshow rooms. I can't remember where CM goes ect. I remember the CM scaring me at the entrance doors but I don't know what he did after that.

So my questions:
When the room is loaded, where does the CM go during the film?

Where Is the control panel to start preshow ect. I assume the doors are all automatic.

Do the preshows work together? I mean, when one is loading is the other unloading?

I also have a question about TOT disneyland. I was playing the game on ridesims and noticed the CM goes in to a little grey area off to the side when the guests are in rows and then appears in the hallway. So what the CM do during load?

Thanks!

raven

CMs stand in the library with the guests as the preshow film plays. But there are two libraries for flow purposes (much like Haunted Mansion, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Stitch's Great Escape, etc). When one is loading/unloading, the other is in the middle of the preshow.

I believe the shows are on a timer but the doors can be opened/closed manually.

MattyMitch

Original Poster
CMs stand in the library with the guests as the preshow film plays. But there are two libraries for flow purposes (much like Haunted Mansion, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Stitch's Great Escape, etc). When one is loading/unloading, the other is in the middle of the preshow.

God the CM must get bored of that pre show!
Do you know about the DL TOT CM at load?

raven

There's a separate hallway between the actual shaft and the holding area before you board. I believe they load all of the vehicles in that area and just use the hallway to walk between them.

Rob562

Correct. On the CM control panel just inside the entrance door (hidden behind a wall panel) there are selector switches for both the front and back doors. I believe the two settings are "Auto" and "Hold Open". There is an overall show control system that keeps the two pre-shows timed so they alternate start times.

At the conclusion of a pre-show cycle, the Guests have exited and the back door has closed. With the front door in Auto, it will open the front door when the show controller says so. (With all the stuff to touch and mess with inside the Library, they don't want the Guests standing around in the room too long. Better to have them stand outside the Library if there's a hold-up in the cycle). If need be, the CM can switch the doors to "Hold Open" to allow slow Guests to enter the library. (SOP may also have them switch the doors to Hold Open until all Guests have entered). Once all Guests have entered and the door is in Auto, that Library will wait for its cue from the show controller to start the show.

At the end of the pre-show the back door opens automatically. Again, the CM can turn the back door's switch to Hold Open if there are Guests who are slow to exit the room (or perhaps if there is an unexpected backup in the Boiler Room that backs the boiler queue into the transition hallway keeping the Guests from being able to leave). Once clear, that door goes back into Auto and the cycle repeats itself, with the master show controller making sure that even with door hold delays the rooms are always alternating exiting into the boiler room.

I can't speak to the Tower in Disneyland as I havent' been there (nor do I know any former CM's from there like I do with WDW's Tower)

-Rob

MattyMitch

Original Poster
Correct. On the CM control panel just inside the entrance door (hidden behind a wall panel) there are selector switches for both the front and back doors. I believe the two settings are "Auto" and "Hold Open". There is an overall show control system that keeps the two pre-shows timed so they alternate start times.

At the conclusion of a pre-show cycle, the Guests have exited and the back door has closed. With the front door in Auto, it will open the front door when the show controller says so. (With all the stuff to touch and mess with inside the Library, they don't want the Guests standing around in the room too long. Better to have them stand outside the Library if there's a hold-up in the cycle). If need be, the CM can switch the doors to "Hold Open" to allow slow Guests to enter the library. (SOP may also have them switch the doors to Hold Open until all Guests have entered). Once all Guests have entered and the door is in Auto, that Library will wait for its cue from the show controller to start the show.

At the end of the pre-show the back door opens automatically. Again, the CM can turn the back door's switch to Hold Open if there are Guests who are slow to exit the room (or perhaps if there is an unexpected backup in the Boiler Room that backs the boiler queue into the transition hallway keeping the Guests from being able to leave). Once clear, that door goes back into Auto and the cycle repeats itself, with the master show controller making sure that even with door hold delays the rooms are always alternating exiting into the boiler room.

I can't speak to the Tower in Disneyland as I havent' been there (nor do I know any former CM's from there like I do with WDW's Tower)

-Rob

Who is that master pre show controller?

Rob562

A follow-up to what I posted earlier.

I dug through documents I have on Tower that I got from former CM's, and this is what I have for Library CM duties:

1. When the doors open, give the library narration.
2. When the guests are fully inside the library press "RUN"
3. When the doors close and the show begins, press "PAUSE" and turn door override switch to "CLOSE"
4. At the conclusion of the show, beckon guests into the Transition Corridor.
5. If necessary, command wall override switch to "OPEN" to allow safe exit for the guests.
6. Ensure the wall switch is back on "AUTO" and the wall has closed before loading the next group of guests.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom