Two spare days in Florida - suggestions, please!

Den Carter

Original Poster
So between eight Disney days and three Universal days next month, I'm left with two full days and nights to kill in Florida, with a car but no hotel bookings, for my partner and I.

He's keen to go to Kennedy, but I'm not convinced. I like beaches and beautiful views, especially after 11 days of theme park madness.

So, can anyone suggest some great places to drive to, and possibly stay, that would tick the post-theme park relaxation box, and possibly include Kennedy too? How long does Kennedy take? Half a day enough?

All tips and advice are very welcome!

Thanks in advance!

raven

Not much left to Kennedy anymore in my opinion. But I'd suggest heading to Clearwater Beach. Get there mid afternoon and stay for the sunset. They have a festival every single night on the pier with vendors, music, fire jugglers, dog shows, etc and it's free. Plus you can't beat the fantastic views of the sunset!

Nemo14

I have to disagree about Kennedy. There's a lot to see there if you have any interest at all in the space program. The Atlantis exhibit is awesome, as is the Apollo/SaturnV building. If nothing else you'll gain a new respect for all that goes on in planning and completing a successful launch. I'd suggest planning at least a half day visit there, then spend a day visiting some of the nearby beaches.

monorail_mom

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks for all comments and ideas! I'll be in trip-planning mode soon :)

I have clients in the same situation as you, doing Disney and Universal with time in between. After much research and planning they decided to spend the 2 days on the east coast of Florida, staying one night at the Casa Monica Hotel in the town square at St. Augustine. It's a gorgeous historical town, with a trolley tour or famous sites like the Fountain of Youth, Spanish forts, some museums like Ripley's and great restaurants.

There is always SeaWorld and Discovery Cove too. DC is very laid back and relaxed. You can chill on the beach, swim, swim with dolphins and other sealife. It's not an amusement park, it's like a nature preserve/resort. There are hotels very close by too.The guests I have booked there say it's incredible and they will definitely go back!

rob0519

Well, if you've never been to Sea World or Discovery Cove I would suggest those. If you would like to take a drive, as someone else mentioned, Clearwater Beach is a great place to go. My daughter likes Daytona Beach as well, but I can't vouch for it, as I've never been there.

Disneyhead'71

My vote is skip Kennedy and go to The Don Cesar in St. Pete Beach. Get a couples massage, have a nice dinner, and watch the sunset on the beach.

466-bd2e4d59dfb24329a38da1f880c396c2.jpg

And if you are staying at a Universal resort, it would be worth becoming a Loews Rewards Member, since the Don is also a Loews resort.

Last edited:

Den Carter

Original Poster
My vote is skip Kennedy and go to The Don Cesar in St. Pete Beach. Get a couples massage, have a nice dinner, and watch the sunset on the beach.

466-bd2e4d59dfb24329a38da1f880c396c2.jpg

And if you are staying at a Universal resort, it would be worth becoming a Loews Rewards Member, since the Don is also a Loews resort.

That sounds heavenly!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom