Disney's Q3 FY16 Earnings

rob0519

"The increase in guest spending was driven by higher average
ticket prices at our theme parks and cruise line. Lower costs reflected decreases in labor and marketing
costs from efficiency initiatives."

Keep raising prices because we, the sheep, will continue to pay and continue to lay off or decrease the hours of the remaining workforce (thus lowering the quality of the customer experience).

Pretty much sums up the state of Parks and Resorts.

ABQ

I will say this, unrelated at all to how this will impact stock and ESPN/ABC in the future, the MLB streaming video quality back since the MLBAM era through now has only been great and improved consistently year over year, once they took over the NHL app, I was happy too as that used to be terrible and is now much better, though not perfect. As a displaced Bostonian, living in the desert, I have had accounts with both since 2007. So, just saying BAM's quality of work is decent.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
"The increase in guest spending was driven by higher average
ticket prices at our theme parks and cruise line. Lower costs reflected decreases in labor and marketing
costs from efficiency initiatives."

Keep raising prices because we, the sheep, will continue to pay and continue to lay off or decrease the hours of the remaining workforce (thus lowering the quality of the customer experience).

Pretty much sums up the state of Parks and Resorts.
You forgot to mention the part about the new stuff they are adding. <drama.

Stitch_Fan_NJ

I think Disney is just going to "ride out the storm" until Starwars lands are done in WDW and DL. They know attendance will go back up its almost a given. And like people said above the sheep will keep spending money with Disney regardless of how much customer service slips

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Oh well the usual pathetic earnings call,

- Attendance Down check
- Occupancy Up (by decreasing rooms in service) check
- PRGS - Up (check - see above for reason)
- YoY gain single digits due to operational efficencies (what the rest of the world calls cuts) and price increases
- On track to spend 9 Billion in share repurchases (shiny object to keep Analysts from looking too deeply)
- As usual refuses to answer questions about core business

So glad I sold my Disney stock...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I think Disney is just going to "ride out the storm" until Starwars lands are done in WDW and DL. They know attendance will go back up its almost a given. And like people said above the sheep will keep spending money with Disney regardless of how much customer service slips

Disney is acting like they are invincible, Once companies reach that stage the hard fall is inevitable.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I will say this, unrelated at all to how this will impact stock and ESPN/ABC in the future, the MLB streaming video quality back since the MLBAM era through now has only been great and improved consistently year over year, once they took over the NHL app, I was happy too as that used to be terrible and is now much better, though not perfect. As a displaced Bostonian, living in the desert, I have had accounts with both since 2007. So, just saying BAM's quality of work is decent.

The key is MLB spent money on their streaming infrastructure, It will only be a good business IF DISNEY CONTINUES TO INVEST. If they treat it like the rest of their internet properties it will swiftly join Disney Interactive in the dustbin of history.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
$6.6 Billion is stock buybacks so far this FY. Talk about eating your seed corn.

It keeps the analysts from asking the HARD questions and by time that strategy blows up Iger and his cronies will float off on their golden parachutes. Not to mention it keeps the bonus gravy train running by inflating EPS.

ParentsOf4

Oh well the usual pathetic earnings call,

- Occupancy Up (by decreasing rooms in service) check
- PRGS - Up (check - see above for reason)
Not exactly.

The number of available room nights decreased by 1.0%.

Per Room Guest Spending was down 1.3% compared to the same quarter in 2015.

The occupancy rate was up mostly because Disney offered more discounted rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom