Most treasured Disney Souvenir?

Phonedave

I don't buy many souvineers.

As you said, photos and memories are the big things, but lets not count them.

I would have to say it would be the medal my one daughter received for doing the sword in the stone thing in MK and some of the items my wife and I got from F&W festivals we have gone to.

-dave

daringstoic

I have three Belle Precious Moments figures (blue dress, yellow dress, and Christmas dress) that I love. When I was a kid, my Mom got me the Precious Moments birthday train pieces every year and I adored Belle growing up because she was smart and liked books and looked like me, so when they started selling the Disney ones a while ago I had to have them.

I also have a button that says Scar's quote, "I'm surrounded by idiots," when you push it (a la the Staples easy button). We taught my dog to push the button and I like to joke that it's finally given her a voice. She swats with her paw if you put it on the ground or she'll stand up on her hind legs and bop it with her nose or stretch up with her paws if you hold it up in the air and it's adorable. I'm dreading the day it runs out of batteries.

danyoung56

I have a set of mouse ears that is very special to me. My older brother has been a CM at DL and DCA for many years. He used to work in the Mad Hatter shop in Fantasyland. This was back in the olden days, before the computer controlled name stitching machines. Back then you had to manually control the stitcher, and you had to have a bit of skill to write a name. So I have some mouse ears with my name stitched by my brother!

Sans Souci

I once posted this to a similar thread a few years back, but I have a stuffed Figment that my grandmother bought me on a trip to WDW in 1985. It became the benchmark for future trips. My parents had been going through a protracted and (needlessly, imo) antagonistic divorce. Towards the end of it and our school year, she brought my mother, my brother and me to WDW. It was my second trip to WDW and my first to Epcot. This is the trip that began my life-long love affair with Epcot. It was like my favorite science museum on steroids. But more importantly, it was a pause button on my parents' drama. My Figment represents an extant memory of that trip and I keep it for that very reason. :)

mikenatcity1

My most treasured? It would be a gift from our wedding- we got married at Disneyland last September (during the Diamond celebration). Right after our pictures, just before we entered our reception, our wedding coordinator gave us a gift only given to couples married during the celebration- a diamond prop from the movie Cinderella. Inside the package was a message from Disney about the origins. It is something we didn't know about and means the world to us. Something small but brings back a lot of amazing memories!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The pair of Mickey ears I got during my first visit to DLR when I was 5.....oh, so many decades ago. Sadly, with two cross country and several around the state moves, they've disappeared. :(

But now I have these two They're new, but they mean a lot to me.

WIN_20160803_15_07_48_Pro.jpg WIN_20160803_15_08_53_Pro.jpg

But the best souvenir is a picture from our first trip to WDW in the summer of 1996. My daughter was 8 and the purple cast on her broken right arm was such an interesting contrast with that bright pink, but not yet decorated, castle in the background.

KLeigh

image.jpeg This little guy has had a place of honor under my computer screen at work since returning from a visit in November 2012. I saw it in Harambe, immediately fell in love, and we've been together ever since. It's a reminder of how much fun I had on that trip (first time to WDW after a 6.5 year absence), and it also puts a smile on my face every morning when I come in to work. This September he'll finally be getting a buddy, since I forgot to pick another one up on my 2013 trip.

Glasgow

I'm not one to buy souvenirs but we bought a coffee mug on the first trip we took with our first daughter and gave it to my grandmother. She passed away years ago and I got the mug back, so it has sentimental value for me. The AKL logo has long since rubbed off but it holds fond memories of my gran and our daughter as a year old .. and our trip to WDW, of course!

SSH

Original Poster
I have a set of mouse ears that is very special to me. My older brother has been a CM at DL and DCA for many years. He used to work in the Mad Hatter shop in Fantasyland. This was back in the olden days, before the computer controlled name stitching machines. Back then you had to manually control the stitcher, and you had to have a bit of skill to write a name. So I have some mouse ears with my name stitched by my brother!

Great story...thanks for sharing

SSH

Original Poster
View attachment 154464 This little guy has had a place of honor under my computer screen at work since returning from a visit in November 2012. I saw it in Harambe, immediately fell in love, and we've been together ever since. It's a reminder of how much fun I had on that trip (first time to WDW after a 6.5 year absence), and it also puts a smile on my face every morning when I come in to work. This September he'll finally be getting a buddy, since I forgot to pick another one up on my 2013 trip.

Too cute...he definitely needs a friend

SSH

Original Poster
There were some DVDs at the resorts that were essentially walkthroughs of the parks. They didnt have narration but they were still pretty cool.

I remember they sold CDs/DVDs of each park - but I remember them sold in the park itself. Always meant to buy one and never did.

SSH

Original Poster
Easy - 1984 Mickey Mouse plush. Well loved, but still on display in the house.

Oh and we recently started buying keys at the attractions that sell them - we have a key hanger by the front door labeled keys to the kingdom. (HM, Pirates, Gold MK key, ToT)

Love that!

SosoDude

I bought a set of the clear glass mugs used at Liberty Tree Tavern my second trip to Disney World. I still have the whole set and use them regularly. They have held up well. Best "souvenirs" ever.

Schneewittchen

I have some passions. WDW, mid century modest... I'm a little obsessed with the Contemporary. I buy these now:

Contemporary1.jpg

Contemporary2.jpg

They're original room art from the Contemporary. Based on Mary Blair's mosaic in the Grand Canyon concourse. They hang in my living room. It's like the late 60's in there. I'm in love, I sit on my sofa and just stare at them sometimes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom