Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

JustInTime

Original Poster
With Disney just announcing that Paint the Night is closing later this year, internet chatter says that the parade is moving to Disney World. Can anybody confirm this? I would find it hard to believe a year old parade wouldn't be relocated.

UPDATE: it’s not.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Correct. As of now, PTN is not moving to WDW. Wishful thinking.
So it will sit in storage like the Ark of the Covenant?

FWIW, I have heard we aren't getting PtN, but that was before DL announced it is closing. MSEP desperately needs replacement and this would be an easy way to bring excitement to MK for cheap. Maybe they'll change their minds. Their minds have changed on a lot over the last 12 months.

DL's nighttime entertainment will be quite weak in 5 weeks.

GiveMeTheMusic

Well it's definitely closing out West. So it moves or they call 1-800 GOT-JUNK.

Communication today wasn't clear, with them sidestepping to "decisions haven't been made about future plans" yet instead of continuing the closing forever talk. PTN is planned to run at Christmas and summer in DL. From what I understand it needs some serious refurbing of floats and costumes after running daily for 15 months, and the 10 week or so break will give them time to do some work on it.

ToTBellHop

Communication today wasn't clear, with them sidestepping to "decisions haven't been made about future plans" yet instead of continuing the closing forever talk. PTN is planned to run at Christmas and summer in DL. From what I understand it needs some serious refurbing of floats and costumes after running daily for 15 months, and the 10 week or so break will give them time to do some work on it.
I read that as "more draconian budget cuts."

JUFL2019

Even then I don't feel like that's something they would do after only a year...heck even Soundsational which isn't every day isn't "seasonal."

GiveMeTheMusic

Even then I don't feel like that's something they would do after only a year...heck even Soundsational which isn't every day isn't "seasonal."

Soundsational is performed daily year round (outside of Christmas that is), except for a brief #ThanksShanghai period in the spring/early summer. As far as I know it will remain daily after Labor Day.

ToTBellHop

#ThanxBob&Bob
image.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom