New Star Wars half at WDW announced

Greenlawler

I did. And his joke was, well, a little lame. But then I'm a 49s/Rams fan, so I feel your pain.

How did you and your son do? I wasn't happy with my time. It was my first runDisney 10k and I was surprised at the number of walkers; I've done a runDisney 5k before and expected lots of walkers. And I'm not talking about the Imperial kind. ;)

Haha, John has been kidding around with me about the Titans for years.

Brock did very well we finished in 1:15, he even stopped for a few characters. We were in C, I was shocked he got put there, so the walkers were not that big of an issue for us. However the number of people who lie on their coral placements :0....It was mind blowing to me passing all those "coral A" 10k folks walking at mile 2.

The next day I did okay, probably my worst half time in three years but still under my goal.

Texas84

Did anyone catch my son and I on the big screen interview before the 10k? We were the Titans fans John interviewed,

Nice. I remember that. I didn't get the joke, probably because of lack of sleep and Epcot F&G booths. :)

Do they not use proof of time for the 10K? I've always done them in challenges so I only submit time for the half.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Haha, John has been kidding around with me about the Titans for years.

Brock did very well we finished in 1:15, he even stopped for a few characters. We were in C, I was shocked he got put there, so the walkers were not that big of an issue for us. However the number of people who lie on their coral placements :0....It was mind blowing to me passing all those "coral A" 10k folks walking at mile 2.

The next day I did okay, probably my worst half time in three years but still under my goal.

People lie about their pace times?! How shocking...... ;)

Congrats to your son. I'm hoping to improve my time before the Wine & Dine in November.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Early registration starts next Tuesday. Everyone running again next year? I'm excited, especially since the half is on my birthday! Can't imagine a better way to celebrate than running 13.1 miles with other crazy SW runners. Hope the Storm Trooper fairies show up again.

BrianV

I wish. But my knee is still bothering me so I've pretty much stopped running...hope to start up next week. Oh, and we'll be in DLR 2 weeks before. Will have to live vicariously through you all.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
I wish. But my knee is still bothering me so I've pretty much stopped running...hope to start up next week. Oh, and we'll be in DLR 2 weeks before. Will have to live vicariously through Rotherham.

Sorry to hear your knee is still bothering you. Take it easy....those roads will still be there, waiting for you.

Chet Dakota

Early registration starts next Tuesday. Everyone running again next year? I'm excited, especially since the half is on my birthday! Can't imagine a better way to celebrate than running 13.1 miles with other crazy SW runners. Hope the Storm Trooper fairies show up again.

Yes, I am going to do Dark Side again. Will do all three at DLR in January and all three at WDW in April for the second straight year. Hope the WDW courses are better in '17 than they were this past year.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yes, I am going to do Dark Side again. Will do all three at DLR in January and all three at WDW in April for the second straight year. Hope the WDW courses are better in '17 than they were this past year.

It's 12:07, the site OOPSed when I tried to complete my registration for the 5K, but started all over and everything went okay. So I'm registered for next year's Challenge and 5k!

Thinking of doing both DLR & WDW in 2018 for the Kessel..... Hopefully I can get both a Kessel and Coast to Coast medal. :)

Chet Dakota

Got an email today from Autism Speaks reminding me about the 2017 Dark Side Challenge. I ran the 2016 Dark Side for Autism Speaks. Anyway, the email that I got today says "Disney has made some exciting changes for the 2017 Star Wars Half Marathon - The Dark Side, including new routes that will take you through different courses".

This is good to hear as I have complained about the 2016 courses time and again. Hopefully, each of the races in '17 feature a different Park and route as last year all three were Epcot-centric with the 10k and Half basically the same course with the long out and back to AK thrown in.

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing the new course maps.

Last edited:

dreamfinder

This is good to hear as I have complained about the 2016 courses time and again. Hopefully, each of the races in '17 feature a different Park and route as last year all three were Epcot-centric with the 10k and Half basically the same course with the long out and back to AK thrown in.

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing the new course maps.

I'd be shocked if the races feature different parks. Epcot has the space to handle the runners once the parks open, and the space in the parking lot to keep the finish/post race infrastructure in place. The runDisney site indicates that both the 10k and half will be starting on Floridian Way, which I don't recall them having done before, and then finishing in Epcot. I'd guess start staging will be in the parking area at the TTC, probably on top of the old speedway. I don't think the mileage can work to do MK for the 10k, and unless there are shortcuts I can't think of, it probably precludes DHS as well since it's about more than a mile from DHS to Epcot. The half might possibly include MK, working from there to DHS, than Epcot, but DHS might again be a stretch if they include MK. They may be able to, but it would depend heavily on what is open/closed from the DHS construction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom