Ghostbusters

tribbleorlfl

This movie is going to be trash and Sony is calling all of it's male detractors misogynists. Let me shoot down that statement right now, regardless of the gender of those casted to portray the ghostbusters, this movie was destined to be bad because it's not the movie fans want to see. In my most humble opinion I believe fans wanted to see Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, Ernie Hudson, and Harold Ramis' characters hire and train a new quartet of ghostbusters and pass the torch on to them. It would be the closure that ghostbusters fans wanted and also keep it open for a possible fourth movie and maybe more.
I agree we need to caution against labeling any and all criticism against this film as misogynistic. While I personally don't agree with them, there are valid arguments against it that have nothing to do with gender.

However, there absolutely HAVE been sexist comments levied towards GB ever since the cast was announced, and frankly, I haven't seen enough pushback from the fan community against this mentality.

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to it as I find the cast to be hilarious, and I think any Ghostbusters is better than no Ghostbusters.

mf1972

I'd just hate to see a classic get rebooted into a bad movie, reviews pending.
I'm not much of a McCarthy fan. did like her in St Vincent. something different for her.

TyTrap

I agree we need to caution against labeling any and all criticism against this film as misogynistic. While I personally don't agree with them, there are valid arguments against it that have nothing to do with gender.

However, there absolutely HAVE been sexist comments levied towards GB ever since the cast was announced, and frankly, I haven't seen enough pushback from the fan community against this mentality.

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to it as I find the cast to be hilarious, and I think any Ghostbusters is better than no Ghostbusters.
well that mindset doesn't exist for me. honestly I think tombraider is better than uncharted and Lara Croft is way cooler than Drake. for me it is far from a gender thing it's more of a bad on the studio thing. Sony/Colombia just knows how to crank out garbage these days and I apologize but having the any ghostbusters is better than no ghostbusters mindset is not a good one to have. This franchise should be handled and treated with the care and respect that it deserves. They could've had Akroyd, Murray and Hudson back in the jumpsuits and pass the torch onto a younger group of ghostbusters whether it be a mixed gender team or all female. To me it doesn't matter but I will not accept this lazy piece of garbage as a ghostbusters movie.

mf1972

haven't decided on watching it yet. I've read mixed reviews (not that I ever listen to them).
I think what gets me a bit is rebooting a movie I grew up on makes me feel old. :arghh:

TB4244

Can anyone tell me if it's actually better than Feigs other body of work? I can't say I liked Spy or Bridesmaids, if I wasnt watching them with other people I would have switched them off after 10 mins. It's not filling me with hope for GB.

Animaniac93-98

Can anyone tell me if it's actually better than Feigs other body of work? I can't say I liked Spy or Bridesmaids, if I wasnt watching them with other people I would have switched them off after 10 mins. It's not filling me with hope for GB.

If you didn't like Spy or Bridesmaids, you probably won't like this movie.

It's a Paul Feig comedy first, and a Ghostbusters movie second.

mf1972

i finally watched this the other night on starz, & i thought it was just terrible. nothing to do with the all female cast. just found it to be painfully not funny. if a sequel comes around, i hope its better than this mess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom