Ghostbusters

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
upload_2015-10-7_16-10-3.jpeg

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3364682/rick-moranis-confirms-he-wont-appear-in-ghostbusters/

It seems like nearly everyone from the original Ghostbusters film has been confirmed for a cameo appearance in Paul Feig’s upcoming reboot. However, one face that for sure won’t show up is Rick Moranis.

Moranis, speaking to THR, stated, “I wish them well. I hope it’s terrific. But it just makes no sense to me. Why would I do just one day of shooting on something I did 30 years ago?”

The 62-year old actor took an extended hiatus after his wife passed away from breast cancer. He spent his time raising his children, who have since grown up and are young adults themselves. As a result, he’s considering returning to the acting world, although he’s very careful about what projects he’ll take on.

“I took a break, which turned into a longer break. But I’m interested in anything that I would find interesting. I still get the occasional query about a film or television role and as soon as one comes along that piques my interest, I’ll probably do it. [But Ghostbusters] didn’t appeal to me.”

mf1972

u know you're getting older when they start doing remakes or reboots on movies u grew up on.
I'll probably wait for reviews before seeing this. has nothing to do with a all female cast. just wasn't impressed with the trailer.

Ole Arne

I have been looking forward to this forever, but the trailer was a bit meh. But now my expectations can only be put to shame. I guess that's a good thing?

RobUK

Totally agree on the Mccarthy front. Let's hope it's a Ghostbusters film starring the actresses, rather than a vehicle for hrm to do their usual schtick.

MerlinTheGoat

The first trailer looked like another case of filmmakers exploiting nostalgia to put out low quality products (like Michael Bay). Didn't like the second either. If you happen to like it then that's fine (maybe the final product will somehow defy expectations), but not for me.

There's actually backlash against people who don't like it, due to a small handful of sexist youtube comments. While such comments are unsavory (and nothing new for anyone familiar with youtube), now anyone who criticizes the film are being grouped as sexists by the filmmakers. Even though most of the criticism is on poor writing, jokes, atmosphere and concerns of being a cash-in.

Sorry for all of that, but the situation left me with a bad taste. I don't tolerate sexism whatsoever, but telling people they're sexist if they don't like a trailer or movie is manipulative and immature. There are also plenty of negative trailer responses from women.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The first trailer looked like another case of filmmakers exploiting nostalgia to put out low quality products (like Michael Bay). Didn't like the second either. If you happen to like it then that's fine (maybe the final product will somehow defy expectations), but not for me.

There's actually backlash against people who don't like it, due to a small handful of sexist youtube comments. While such comments are unsavory (and nothing new for anyone familiar with youtube), now anyone who criticizes the film are being grouped as sexists by the filmmakers. Even though most of the criticism is on poor writing, jokes, atmosphere and concerns of being a cash-in.

Sorry for all of that, but the situation left me with a bad taste. I don't tolerate sexism whatsoever, but telling people they're sexist if they don't like a trailer or movie is manipulative and immature. There are also plenty of negative trailer responses from women.

Indeed. The movie looks like a POS, has nothing to do with the fact that it's a female cast.

TB4244

I usually don't mind Fall Out Boy songs (BH6, 'immortals' rocked) but yeah... It's pretty awful. I thought Bobby Browns song for GB2 was bad....

TyTrap

This movie is going to be trash and Sony is calling all of it's male detractors misogynists. Let me shoot down that statement right now, regardless of the gender of those casted to portray the ghostbusters, this movie was destined to be bad because it's not the movie fans want to see. In my most humble opinion I believe fans wanted to see Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, Ernie Hudson, and Harold Ramis' characters hire and train a new quartet of ghostbusters and pass the torch on to them. It would be the closure that ghostbusters fans wanted and also keep it open for a possible fourth movie and maybe more.

mouse_luv

This movie is going to be trash and Sony is calling all of it's male detractors misogynists. Let me shoot down that statement right now, regardless of the gender of those casted to portray the ghostbusters, this movie was destined to be bad because it's not the movie fans want to see. In my most humble opinion I believe fans wanted to see Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, Ernie Hudson, and Harold Ramis' characters hire and train a new quartet of ghostbusters and pass the torch on to them. It would be the closure that ghostbusters fans wanted and also keep it open for a possible fourth movie and maybe more.

I agree, but it would end up being 3 of the 4 original actors since sadly Ramis has passed.

nerdboyrockstar

I can't wait to see this. This and Fantastic Beasts are my most anticipated movies of the year. Huge Ghostbusters fan growing up and I have no problem with the cast being all female, all male, all black, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom