Disney Professional Internship - Drug Testing

entrastudios

Original Poster
Hello all,

I realize that this question may be a bit inappropriate but I am currently in the Post-Interview stage for an Engineering Professional Internship and was just wondering if drug tests are done at all?

If so, are they done before you arrive or can they be done at random throughout your stay?

Thanks

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Hello all,

I realize that this question may be a bit inappropriate but I am currently in the Post-Interview stage for an Engineering Professional Internship and was just wondering if drug tests are done at all?

If so, are they done before you arrive or can they be done at random throughout your stay?

Thanks
Curious if you are studying to be an engineer that has any involvement with safety? Because if you are, then yes this question is totally inappropriate.

NiarrNDisney

[/QUOTE="entrastudios, post: 7260864, member: 112092"]You guys are obviously not very good at analyzing a problem statement without giving an opinionated response. Please leave the salt at the door.[/QUOTE]

Whatever dude! Obviously the Mouse will test its employees like many other huge corporations, if that is not something you think you can deal with then maybe find a company that has like minded values. If you don't care for the answers that you received from members of this forum than I suggest that before you post a question like this maybe you read the forums and get a feel for what subject matter is deemed appropriate.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
You guys are obviously not very good at analyzing a problem statement without giving an opinionated response. Please leave the salt at the door.

Then is this accurate? "I use non prescription drugs. When will they test me because I can hold off for a while, but I'm dependant on them for x. My needs outweigh their requirements."

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Hello all,

Thanks
I do not know for sure what Disney's policies/procedures are for professional internships; however, based on what I have heard and read, if they do perform a tox screen it would likely be done when you arrive on Day 1 and not before. Can they test you randomly throughout? Absolutely, but unless there is a specific reason to do so it seems unlikely.

As recently as a few years ago it sounded pretty random upon arrival and was more likely for positions where CMs could directly impact guest safety. They also used the mouth swab technique.

This comes directly from Disney's professional internship information site:
For specific roles, an offer of employment is conditional based on a satisfactory result of a drug test result for illegal substances. The company also has a policy of drug and alcohol testing on a random basis or under other circumstances during the course of employment.
http://profinterns.disneycareers.com/en/onboarding/fl/pre-arrival-information/your-first-few-days/

Also important to remember before you arrive...what is accepted/tolerated as recreational behavior in Colorado and Washington is not the same in other states. Those great states are the exception not the norm ;)

Last edited:

s8film40

As someone who has never partaken in illegal substances l still think its a fair question. I've done my share of drug tests and they can be a real pain. Even knowing I have no reason to fail these things I'm always a little nervous. Usually the places and people who facilitate these don't exactly come off as the most professional or competent and that includes Disney's health services. The thought of something simply getting mixed up and your job hanging in the balance is scary.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
As someone who has never partaken in illegal substances l still think its a fair question. I've done my share of drug tests and they can be a real pain. Even knowing I have no reason to fail these things I'm always a little nervous. Usually the places and people who facilitate these don't exactly come off as the most professional or competent and that includes Disney's health services. The thought of something simply getting mixed up and your job hanging in the balance is scary.
You generally have the option of using a more professional service at your own expense.

Sometimes this kind of thing is the cost of keeping a job and is tax deductible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom