Zootopia Coming March 2016

Yert3

Movies come out so fast now. It used to be months and months after. Now, I actually owned Frozen while it was still in regular theaters. The same might happen with Zootopia. It will certainly still be in 2nd run.
It felt like Frozen was in theatres for six months. Considering Zootopia is is about 100 million away from breaking the billion barrier, I expect it should be in theatres for a while as well.

brb1006

Movies come out so fast now. It used to be months and months after. Now, I actually owned Frozen while it was still in regular theaters. The same might happen with Zootopia. It will certainly still be in 2nd run.
I remember when movies would come out on VHS and DVD a year and a half later. When did this start happening?

Cesar R M

When the entertainment industry realized just how much money they could make in the home video market.
They found that people wanted to GET the movie for their home than wait years or go to the cinema yet again.
They then moved to piracy.. and now they accelerated the process to curb such piracy.

Matt_Black

They found that people wanted to GET the movie for their home than wait years or go to the cinema yet again.
They then moved to piracy.. and now they accelerated the process to curb such piracy.

Well, also, they realized that you can keep releasing the same movie again and again and people will buy a new version if it says "Special Edition" or "Collector's Edition" or what have you. Best to start cranking out those bad boys as soon as possible!

Yert3

I really hope this isn't the official box art. It looks horrible. Why not use the awesome art from the movie poster?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 64

Cesar R M

Well, also, they realized that you can keep releasing the same movie again and again and people will buy a new version if it says "Special Edition" or "Collector's Edition" or what have you. Best to start cranking out those bad boys as soon as possible!
Yeah, it gets ridiculous sometimes.

Special, Deluxe, Gold, Titanium, Collector's, Anniversary Edition, 25th year, 3d..
I wonder how long until we get to insane levels of "super turbo ultra mamba jamba deluxe edition "

Yert3

Yeah, it gets ridiculous sometimes.

Special, Deluxe, Gold, Titanium, Collector's, Anniversary Edition, 25th year, 3d..
I wonder how long until we get to insane levels of "super turbo ultra mamba jamba deluxe edition "
I don't mind it. Once the Blu-rays and DVDs go out of print, they demand outrageous prices. I payed about $100 each for the Fatasia and Pinocchio Blu-Ray on Amazon. Though, that was a few years after they were out of print.

Cesar R M

I don't mind it. Once the Blu-rays and DVDs go out of print, they demand outrageous prices. I payed about $100 each for the Fatasia and Pinocchio Blu-Ray on Amazon. Though, that was a few years after they were out of print.
Thats Disney milking their movie "vault" system.

ForeverAnna

Perfect timing for me actually. I'm having surgery (very common minor surgery, nothing to worry about) a week later so it will be an addition to my movie collection to watch while I recover.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom