Did Six Flags create the best shooting ride?

Edward M

Original Poster
For those near Dallas or St. Louis (and Chicago soon), you may have heard of a new ride called Justice League: Battle for Metropolis. I recently had the privilege to be able to ride it, and, I must say, it appears to be the best shooting ride out there. It combines the amazing and fluent motions of Spiderman with shooting screens like in TSMM. While it is screen based, it also includes real sets that are well done.

I can honestly say that I think this ride is better than anything DW has gotten since Everest (except if you count Star Tours 2). It is a very impressive dark ride that you should check out if you can get to it. I'm sure the Six Flags name will make many people turn away but don't; it's really quite impressive.

Here's a link to the video

And here is a page from Theme Park Insider naming it the best attraction of 2015 (over Gringotts which was in the runnings) just so you know I'm not crazy. http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201507/4645/

brb1006

The AA during the preshow for the ride needs a bit of work. Maybe it's just me but his voice doesn't match the AA.

DManRightHere

I am impressed for a six flags attraction. I really think all of the smaller theme parks should try to get some dark rides and it looks like some are going that route.

The tech is getting cheaper and it is getting easier to maintain, they just have to find a right medium, they do not need to go overboard with overly elaborate effects.

Cmdr_Crimson

You have to give credit to Sally Corp on making another Ghostblasters attraction themed around the DC Characters...But it's basically Toy Story Mania with Elements and Simulation to Amazing Adventures of Spiderman...

FoodRockz

I appreciate the Joker AA towards the beginning, when they could have easily used a screen. That's part of my disappointment with Spiderman/Transformers. Not even 1 AA, really Uni?

No Name

I think the point here is, this is something that could certainly exist at a Disney or Universal park and would probably be seen as a good addition. Yet it's at Six Flags, which is usually at a lower level in terms of quality of rides and theming. Six Flags rides are typically not at a level that would be acceptable for WDW. Other than a few small details, this is.

So I have to give Six Flags a hige round of applause here. I am extremely impressed. I hope they build more rides on this same level. And I hope they maintain this well and don't slaughter it with out-of-place candy ads like they're so good at doing. TSMM is still my favorite, but this gets a big thumbs up from me.

brb1006

At least Six Flags is trying something a bit different from there usual Roller Coaster rides. It's probably one of the few Six Flags attractions that are a Dark Ride (Dark Knight doesn't count since it's an indoor coaster)

Cmdr_Crimson

At least Six Flags is trying something a bit different from there usual Roller Coaster rides. It's probably one of the few Six Flags attractions that are a Dark Ride (Dark Knight doesn't count since it's an indoor coaster)

No..That's just Six Flags sad attempt on making a Space Mountain-esque ride...

Bairstow

I'm fascinated by the concept of the Flooded Mine at Silver Dollar City.
It's such a macabre concept for a dark ride- terrified convicts trying to escape drowning to death in an underground prison.
Haven't ridden this version, but I did ride a clone of it at Dollywood before they were converted into shooting rides.

Phroobar

Six Flags Magic Mountain is getting the Justice League ride. It opens next summer. I think it is time they started building things like this instead of mega coasters.

Bairstow

Six Flags Magic Mountain is getting the Justice League ride. It opens next summer. I think it is time they started building things like this instead of mega coasters.

Yeah, they're cloning the crap out of it.
By this time next year there will be no less than 7 of these things worldwide.

Cmdr_Crimson

They do state that the Magic Mountain one will be the more unique of the 7 versions out as it will be adding Harley Quinn to the finale of the ride....But, I'm sure that if that is the case they can easily add her to the other versions down the line.....

lazyboy97o

What makes this attraction jaw dropping is its low price. It's a great example of what can be done without spending a fortune.

They do state that the Magic Mountain one will be the more unique of the 7 versions out as it will be adding Harley Quinn to the finale of the ride....But, I'm sure that if that is the case they can easily add her to the other versions down the line.....
I believe the Magic Mountain version is also slated to be slightly longer with Harley Quinn being in a new scene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom