Legoland

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
Hi everyone. I need advice on what to expect from legoland. We plan on staying on site for a couple days. How busy is it during the month of July? Can we get through the park in one day?

raven

Legoland is out of the tourists area and mostly locals go there. It's a small park (attraction wise) but is spread out. Even in July it isn't that crowded so you should be able to get everything done with no issues.

Make sure to see the old Cypress Gardens area at the back of the park. It's amazing!

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
Legoland is out of the tourists area and mostly locals go there. It's a small park (attraction wise) but is spread out. Even in July it isn't that crowded so you should be able to get everything done with no issues.

Make sure to see the old Cypress Gardens area at the back of the park. It's amazing!
Thank you! Sounds like they kids are going to have a awesome time.

NYwdwfan

There are always coupons in the Lego catalog and Lego Club magazine for a free kid's ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket. Let me know if you need the code - I have the magazines at home.

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
There are always coupons in the Lego catalog and Lego Club magazine for a free kid's ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket. Let me know if you need the code - I have the magazines at home.
The hotel has a package special. It was actually cheaper to just book the package, but thank you for the offer.

NYwdwfan

The hotel has a package special. It was actually cheaper to just book the package, but thank you for the offer.

Great - enjoy your trip. We went for the day right after the park opened and the kids had a blast. It was nice to get away from the congestion of WDW and just walk on rides for the day.

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
Great - enjoy your trip. We went for the day right after the park opened and the kids had a blast. It was nice to get away from the congestion of WDW and just walk on rides for the day.
That sounds great. My little ones are really excited for this trip. I don't expect it to be anything like WDW, but I'm sure they'll still have a blast.

NYwdwfan

That sounds great. My little ones are really excited for this trip. I don't expect it to be anything like WDW, but I'm sure they'll still have a blast.

Our favorite ride was the hanging coaster - I think it was called Flying School - it looks like a typical hanging coaster but it moves much slower and the kids absolutely loved it.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Yang but seemed daft making a new thread when this was still on page one of this section!

We are thinking of visiting Legoland for a day with kids 11 & 9, we've done Legoland here in the UK so had a look at trip advisor reviews for the Florida one and as you might expect some liked it, some loved it & some hated it.

Will it be a disappointment for boys of that age after some of the other Orlando parks? I think by the day we are planning to go we would have already visited Magic Kingdom, Universal, Blizzard Beach, Epcot & Animal Kingdom.

Any information welcomed

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
We are at legoland right now. My kids (ages 6 and 3) love it. The wait times here are super short. The longest we waited was probably 10 minutes. It's not magic kingdom, but it can be fun. There's not a ton of thrill rides, but there are some decent ones. Since my kids are too young we didn't do most of the thrill rides. They have a ton for little kids. They have a lego safari ride and nope we didn't like it. The Kilimanjaro Sarfari from Animal Kingdom puts it to shame. The lost kingdom one is a poor version of the buzz light year ride. The kids enjoyed the boat school, the driving school, the rescue academy, and the aqua zone. We did the whole park in 2 days. The only reason why it took to days was because it was hard to catch the shows. The pirate show was fun (corny but fun). My little girl loved the friends show from heartlake city (lots of dancing). If you stay at the hotel they have characters come in during breakfast and through out the evening. They also have other activities throughout the evening. We haven't done the PJ party, but we'll do it tonight. Let me know if you have any questions.

We are at legoland right now. My kids (ages 6 and 3) love it. The wait times here are super short. The longest we waited was probably 10 minutes. It's not magic kingdom, but it can be fun. There's not a ton of thrill rides, but there are some decent ones. Since my kids are too young we didn't do most of the thrill rides. They have a ton for little kids. They have a lego safari ride and nope we didn't like it. The Kilimanjaro Sarfari from Animal Kingdom puts it to shame. The lost kingdom one is a poor version of the buzz light year ride. The kids enjoyed the boat school, the driving school, the rescue academy, and the aqua zone. We did the whole park in 2 days. The only reason why it took to days was because it was hard to catch the shows. The pirate show was fun (corny but fun). My little girl loved the friends show from heartlake city (lots of dancing). If you stay at the hotel they have characters come in during breakfast and through out the evening. They also have other activities throughout the evening. We haven't done the PJ party, but we'll do it tonight. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for the reply Yang! Would probably only visit for the day as we've got a villa, we are staying at Windsor Hills resort this time, I've heard Legoland is quite a bit out from the usual Orlando parks I'll have to have a look see how far out from Windsor hills it is.

It sounds like a lot of the Disney & universal rides/things to do are probably better you even said that's what you thought about some of the attractions (the safari and the ride you said was like a poor man's buzz light year ride) and your kids are younger than the boys we are taking with us which is what I was concerned about they have only been to Legoland here in way of theme parks and here no theme park matches any of the Orlando parks so I think we might see how they cope with the others if they are up for the rides at Disney/Universal then I think we'll agree Legoland might be dissapointing for them but if they are too scared to do some of the bigger ones elsewhere Lefoland might be a good idea.

Saying that I'm still grateful for all information on Legoland as it might help make a decision on going or not but currently that's how I feel about it.

ARO

We have been to Legoland, FL twice in the past 3 yrs. Our two boys, 5 and 9 on our latest trip absolutely love it. (possibly more than Disney and Uni) Lines aren't bad, so you can easily ride things multiple times. Driving and boating school seem to have the longest waits at about a half hour. Be sure to check out Cypress Gardens and the waterskiing show (right next to each other). Try to get tickets ahead of time as ticket lines can move slowly. If you buy or plan to buy pics don't pick them up at the very end of the day. Have fun!

Bairstow

Finally visited the place last week.
Not sure what I expected, but I can't say I was impressed. Had no kids with us, and mostly just wanted to see the place as an exercise in completicism. It certainly does feel like the Lego overlay was completed recently, and on a budget. There were some charming themeing touches here and there, especially around the Chima, Egypt, and Medieval areas, but overall it certainly felt more like an especially cute regional park than a destination park. Park cleanliness was marketdly lower than what you'll find at Disney, Universal, or even the Busch parks- there was garbage in the footwells of my ride vehicles, even right after rope drop on a Saturday.
The legacy portions of the park- the Cypress Gardens themselves and the old waterski show, are really charming and minimally effected by the Lego stuff... well maybe the water-ski stuff is effected- but they still do the pyramid thing from the '50s.

We had tickets to the waterpark and walked through but didn't bother- it's not that it wasn't nice but it was rather small and we weren't in the mood.

Overall I'd say it's a must-do if you have kids that are into lego (the indoor build areas looked like a lot of fun) but adult theme park junkies looking to venture past Orlando would probably be better served by a trip to Busch Gardens Tampa or the Kennedy Center.

yfd326

My family went to Legoland a few years ago. I grew up an avid Lego builder and my son is heavily into Lego. He has more than I ever imagined. Going there was something we did...once.

Although it is the "Graceland" for builders. It had great Lego attractions. The grounds were beautiful and the staff are terrific. And the lines were short.
But to us it was equally to a Six Flags park. So....It was ok.

We didn't stay at a hotel there or nearby. We were in Disney and drove down for the day.

I'm glad we went but we're done.
This is just my opinion.
It's not Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom