How many runDisney miles have you run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Dark Side Challenge add for me....494.9

I need to drop about 20 pounds....got till Dumbo

Try boxing. My son in law dropped 20 pounds in a little over 2 months. And he has to consume well over 2,000 calories a day just to maintain his current weight. He no longer goes to the gym as frequently as he did in the past and said boxing has really improved his stamina - he boxes 3 times a week.

peafive

2015 Disney World half marathon
2015 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare
It's not much, but it's 32.4 miles. I signed up for the Dopey, and I'm excited for it. It'll be my first full marathon.

Mad Stitch

As I ran my virtual 5k + 1 mile for no medal tonight I thought about this thread and wondered, do the new virtual races offered by runDisney count towards the Disney miles tracked in this thread? I always thought of Disney miles as being run on/around Disney property, but now the virtual races could redefine the meaning of a Disney mile. Since @Texas84 started and maintains this thread I say it's his decision.

Texas84

Original Poster
As I ran my virtual 5k + 1 mile for no medal tonight I thought about this thread and wondered, do the new virtual races offered by runDisney count towards the Disney miles tracked in this thread? I always thought of Disney miles as being run on/around Disney property, but now the virtual races could redefine the meaning of a Disney mile. Since @Texas84 started and maintains this thread I say it's his decision.

My opinion, this should be for a runDisney event on Disney property. But it's a fun thing so if someone comes on here and says "Put me down for 3.1" I'm not going to ask for proof. :)

FerretAfros

I need to add Dopey, Dark Side Challenge, and Pixie Dust Challenge
385.7 + 48.6 + 19.3 + 19.3 = 472.9

Looks like I'm on track to break 500 miles in Paris this fall (following Dumbo)!

LAKid53

Premium Member
@Texas84, does the Castaway Cay 5k count? It's on Disney property and is a quasi runDisney event - runDisney race bib and you get a runDisney medal....

I'm running it next month during our cruise and would like to add the 3.1 miles to my tally.

Thanks.

Texas84

Original Poster
@Texas84, does the Castaway Cay 5k count? It's on Disney property and is a quasi runDisney event - runDisney race bib and you get a runDisney medal....

I'm running it next month during our cruise and would like to add the 3.1 miles to my tally.

Thanks.

Of course! I'm jealous. :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Alright!! If they offer it on our Oct/Nov cruise I'll be up to 6.2 miles :hilarious: I'm gaining momentum.

I also plan on running the Castaway Cay 5K during our early October cruise. When I called DCL to inquire, they didn't indicate if the race would/wouldn't be run, just how to sign up and that runners will be first off the boat once it docks, since the race starts around 8:30 or shortly thereafter, I believe. But it's free!

OliveMcFly

I also plan on running the Castaway Cay 5K during our early October cruise. When I called DCL to inquire, they didn't indicate if the race would/wouldn't be run, just how to sign up and that runners will be first off the boat once it docks, since the race starts around 8:30 or shortly thereafter, I believe. But it's free!
Yay FREE!! It's a lot of fun. My niece and I jogged/walked the last one and we had a lot of fun. We were very proud of our "medals"...which will actually be medals now.

surfsupdon

It did not seem to be a popular year for the race, as the board was often quiet about this one this year.

Just want to say I loved California. Disney was great but Cali was better! I bodysurfed in Santa Monica, skated in Venice, worked out at muscle beach, played at the original Disneyland, ate goat cheese balls at Sur, chilled at Pump with Lisa, hung at my friend's house in the Hills, became friends with a social media star, sat in traffic on the 101, often got confused for a local, walked Melrose, ate too many tacos, saw an ocean sunset, and set a new personal half marathon record! I made a promise to myself while looking at the Hollywood sign that I will be back #90210

Greenlawler

Go ahead and put me down for another 5k,10k, and Half.....that puts me over 500 Disney Miles.

@FerretAfros is going to pass me soon, were slowing down a little on travel, but at least I got to 500 first....:)

As for the race, DL Half weekend is my favorite. I am still on the road back but I did shave 2 minutes off my April time to finish 1:55.

Pretty good for an old fat man! Looking forward to next year already. Probably won't go for time at Dopey but hope to get back in the 1:40's by next year.

@Texas84 I stayed at the Holiday Inn you recommended on Thursday, I kept wondering if everyone I saw was you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom