How much spending money is enough?

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Hello and thank you in advance. My SO and I will be going to WDW for our anniversary this fall, and we are trying to figure out how much (per person) is enough spending money. There will be no children on this trip and our flights, hotel and theme park tickets are already paid for. We chose not to do the DDP, since we would never eat that much food in an 8 day/7 night stay. We will be going to Be Our Guest one night and Monsieur Paul on the night of our actual anniversary. The only other things that we would need $ for is souvenirs and food, but other than the two restaurants I mentioned, it's going to be quick service/snacks all the way. I've done some math and think that $1,000 is enough for each person. Does this sound feasible? Again, thanks, as it has been quite some time since either of us have been to the happiest place on earth.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
$1,000 each will be way more than enough if you're only doing two sit-down meals. You could probably get away with $1,000 total, but it won't be as flexible. I usually plan about $100 per adult per day, so $1,500 on a week long trip if it's just me and my wife.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
$1,000 each will be way more than enough if you're only doing two sit-down meals. You could probably get away with $1,000 total, but it won't be as flexible. I usually plan about $100 per adult per day, so $1,500 on a week long trip if it's just me and my wife.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. If you don't mind me asking, what do you guys buy on a typical day in the park?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Thanks so much for the quick reply. If you don't mind me asking, what do you guys buy on a typical day in the park?
Usually a quick breakfast (pastry or fruit and coffee), a quick-service lunch, a sit-down dinner, and a shared snack. We only drink water when we're in Florida so that saves a few bucks a day on beverages. For souvenirs, we usually each get one big thing rather than a bunch of trinkets. Last year she got a Dooney clutch and I got a pair of Ray-bans, plus Dumbo and Minnie Mouse stuffed animals for the baby.

Tony the Tigger

We ate at Monsieur Paul for our anniversary last September. It was outstanding, but I should tell you the check was around $200 just for that one meal including tip. We each had an appetizer, and entrée, and an alcoholic drink. No bottle of wine, and I don't think any dessert. So I would budget a little extra for that day obviously.

Be our guest you can probably get away with $100 to $120 total. Another good choice.

We save in other areas – we never drink soda or coffee anyway. We are not really big breakfast people so some snack bars from home before we hit the parks are usually enough. A pizza back at the room at night will usually last to the next day for snacks.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
We ate at Monsieur Paul for our anniversary last September. It was outstanding, but I should tell you the check was around $200 just for that one meal including tip. We each had an appetizer, and entrée, and an alcoholic drink. No bottle of wine, and I don't think any dessert. So I would budget a little extra for that day obviously.

Be our guest you can probably get away with $100 to $120 total. Another good choice.

We save in other areas – we never drink soda or coffee anyway. We are not really big breakfast people so some snack bars from home before we hit the parks are usually enough. A pizza back at the room at night will usually last to the next day for snacks.
Thanks for the info/heads up!

RScottyL

Not that i am an expert, but $1,000/person sounds about right!

It is always better to overestimate than under!

You can never exactly figure it out as you will not know what souvenirs you may or may not want!

Schneewittchen

I did the math a couple of weeks ago and now I'm horrified. For my family of 4 next month over 5 days will probably spend just at WDW:
Lodging (camp site at Ft. Wilderness) and only 3 days of park tickets: $1750
Food (lots of character and signature type dining): $1150
Souvenirs: $600

Princess Kaylee

Hello and thank you in advance. My SO and I will be going to WDW for our anniversary this fall, and we are trying to figure out how much (per person) is enough spending money. There will be no children on this trip and our flights, hotel and theme park tickets are already paid for. We chose not to do the DDP, since we would never eat that much food in an 8 day/7 night stay. We will be going to Be Our Guest one night and Monsieur Paul on the night of our actual anniversary. The only other things that we would need $ for is souvenirs and food, but other than the two restaurants I mentioned, it's going to be quick service/snacks all the way. I've done some math and think that $1,000 is enough for each person. Does this sound feasible? Again, thanks, as it has been quite some time since either of us have been to the happiest place on earth.

That sounds good but also take into account you are going to need drinks and snacks. Unless you guys are shopalics that sounds perfect!

G00fyDad

We take around $1000 per person per day but that is strictly spending money. I couldn't imagine having everyone pay for their food out of their spending money. Our money is laid out like this for our next trip:
Disney package: $2674 (All Stars Movies)
Airfare: $1200 (Delta)
Baggage: $360
Rental car: $500 (Full size car or Mid-size SUV)
Gas: $150 (Should be more than enough for 9 nights and a trip to Clearwater Beach)
Food $: $1360 (Includes all TS, QS, and a Wal-Mart run on night 1)
Tip $: 217 ($90 in room tips and $127 in dining tips)
Small emergency $: $300 (For any small emergencies that come up)

DarthMileZ

we are taking $3000 with $3000 credit card for back up (we are there for 3 weeks and its our honey moon)

will worry when we get back, we also get paid when we are out there

Danielli5

We take around $1000 per person per day but that is strictly spending money. I couldn't imagine having everyone pay for their food out of their spending money. Our money is laid out like this for our next trip:
Disney package: $2674 (All Stars Movies)
Airfare: $1200 (Delta)
Baggage: $360
Rental car: $500 (Full size car or Mid-size SUV)
Gas: $150 (Should be more than enough for 9 nights and a trip to Clearwater Beach)
Food $: $1360 (Includes all TS, QS, and a Wal-Mart run on night 1)
Tip $: 217 ($90 in room tips and $127 in dining tips)
Small emergency $: $300 (For any small emergencies that come up)

Do you mean $100 a day? I know prices are rising but $1000 per person per day seems excessive

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom