Busch Gardens Tampa: A Complete Renovation.

What should be done with the Gwazi space?

• Add a new roller coaster in the space.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Create a D or E ticket dark ride

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Do nothing: The park already has enough rides

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New animal experiences.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Original Poster
No over the shoulder restraints that ruins capacity for scorpion and ride experience!

As far as I know of, over-the-shoulder restraints don't cause capacity issues, it takes about the same amount of time as a standard lap bar. These restraints improve ride safety and experience, as they make it less uncomfortable to go through an inversion, along with the aforementioned track refurbishment.

Thank you for your opinions, they mean a lot! :D

Flippin'Flounder

As far as I know of, over-the-shoulder restraints don't cause capacity issues, it takes about the same amount of time as a standard lap bar. These restraints improve ride safety and experience, as they make it less uncomfortable to go through an inversion, along with the aforementioned track refurbishment.

I don't think Scorpion was very uncomfortable, so I don't really think it needs restraints. The jerkiness is what makes it special over the rest of the coasters at Busch Gardens.

deere839

Ive seen them cause capcity issues before Example: Temptesto compared to Superman Ultimate flight at Six flags Discovery Kingdom Good ride but that just made the rides wait longer as it takes longer to load and check the restraints as compared to superman.also switching from Lap bars ruins the ride people have complained before when that happen like Revolution but im glad there switching back.

Ps Scorpion is my favorite coaster of all times.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Original Poster
Ive seen them cause capcity issues before Example: Temptesto compared to Superman Ultimate flight at Six flags Discovery Kingdom Good ride but that just made the rides wait longer as it takes longer to load and check the restraints as compared to superman.also switching from Lap bars ruins the ride people have complained before when that happen like Revolution but im glad there switching back.

Ps Scorpion is my favorite coaster of all times.
I don't think Scorpion was very uncomfortable, so I don't really think it needs restraints. The jerkiness is what makes it special over the rest of the coasters at Busch Gardens.

Thanks for your opinions. I'll get rid of the lap bar statement.

Also @deere839, is Scorpion really your favorite coaster? If so, go out and ride Manta/Kraken/Any other big name coaster around these parts, and tell me how you feel. :p

deere839

Thanks for your opinions. I'll get rid of the lap bar statement.

Also @deere839, is Scorpion really your favorite coaster? If so, go out and ride Manta/Kraken/Any other big name coaster around these parts, and tell me how you feel. :p
I have ridden Kraken Manta and even Boulder Dash also montu and kumba and scorpion i just love Scorpion. Ps Seaworld orlando my home park i go there the most.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Original Poster
Just caught up with this thread! I really enjoyed reading it, some great ideas...hopefully it keeps up, but if not I look forward to SeaWorld Sydney!

Thanks! :D

I'm not sure if I have the time within the next few days to post on here, but I'll try to get the rest of the Sahara in before next weekend.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Original Poster
North Sarhara:

Replacing the Games Area space is the relocated carousel, brought over from the center of the land.

cimg1945.jpg

Of course, the carousel is modified to fit the desert theme, and instead of horses, different African desert animals are represented, like orxys and camels.

The space occupied by the former carousel becomes a market snack stall, selling bottled water and pretzels.

The crown jewel of the Pantopia refurbishment though, is Camel Racers, one of America's last steeplechase coasters.

Camel Racers and the neighboring exhibit take up the space of the demolished Pantopia Theater, Sand Serpent, and Phoenix. While we lose three attractions out of this, the replacement will hopefully be worth it.

REU-KUWAIT.jpg

Believe it or not, camel racing is actually a prized sport around these parts. Now, guests get to take part of the experience by boarding their own camel!

Steeplechase-Pleasure_Beach_Blackpool.jpg

An actual steeplechase coaster.

Since it would be sadly impractical to actually race a real-life camel in a theme park setting, steeplechase tracks are carefully camouflaged as sand dunes. Four camel cars race up and down sand dunes, smooth desert turns, and rapid, controlled changes of speed. In the end, a winning camel is randomly selected and hits the finish line first!

arabian%20camel%201.jpg

After exiting the ride, you can see actual camels and oryxs in an exhibit, recreating the natural habitat of these creatures.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasn't that fun?

In the next post, we discuss what will be changed in the Congo! :D

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Original Poster
Congo:

In my opinion, the Congo is the parks weakest thematic land. It barely even tries to look like the African jungles, not to mention the weak attraction lineup. We're going to fix that.

24975.jpg

First off, the Ubanga bumper cars will be eradicated off the face of the earth. It doesn't fit with the theme and it's just an all-out cheap flat ride.

Replacing it and the surrounding area will be just a nice place to get off your feet with benches and picnic tables surrounded by the lush jungles of the Congo. A new counter-service restaurant is nearby, dubbed Ubanga's Jungle Grub, serving up barbecue delicacies along with the usual hamburger or chicken fingers.

a9e124a12b888a1c064558e1b39f64e5.jpg

Across a rusty, old bridge lies Congo Rafting Expeditions, a top-to-bottom re-theme of the bland and generic Congo River Rapids.

The premise is simple. You have been invited by the Rafting Expedition company to board a spinning raft and journey deep into the heart of the Congo River. But be warned.. the river isn't friendly to intruders.

Once on board, the raft is subject to the fury of the river, spinning and dropping across the river. Rafts enter a lost temple, coming maybe a little too close to some deadly serpents. The ride climaxes with a newly installed lift hill in the old cave sequence, dropping thirty-five feet into a rushing rapid.

All of this is done with newly enhanced effects and a major track layout change. Congo River Rapids is morphed from a C-ticket to a clear-cut E-ticket attraction, worthy of the reborn park.

DSC00501.jpg

Nearby is Kumba, a furious floorless coaster racing through seven inversions and a gut-dropping 135 foot plunge, one of the parks major attractions. Other than new jungle foliage surrounding the ride, the ride remains relatively unchanged.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There you have it! :D Next time, we hit Jungala... or should I say... Madagascar. ;)

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Original Poster
Sorry for the lack of posts on this thread. Between the House Cup and school work, I haven't had much time to put a lot of effort into this project. I'll try to finish it up before mid-June and then move on to Sea World Sydney. :rolleyes:

Madagascar should be coming sometime this week! I hope you enjoy it! :D

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Original Poster
Madagascar:

full-21.jpg

Since the reborn park revolves around a common African theme, the sort-of Asian themed Jungala must go. However, a lot of the same infrastructure will be used in the refurbishment.

p1280353-199249.jpg

Use this as a layout guide during the write-up.
Entering from the Congo Area, the first two location we encounter are the former Bengal Bistro and Tiger Treasures. Since both are themed around tigers, these too have to be rethemed.

But wait.. something seems a little different from before. The entire land feels a bit more organic now. Instead of obvious asphalt paths, the walkways seem to be disguised as worn-down hiking paths. Instead of low-rising palm trees, large jungle foliage soars above our heads, providing a seamless transition with the nearby Congo. Lush, yet small waterfalls pour down nearby.

Small_Waterfall_near_Haghartsin.JPG

The former treetop play structures have been given an aesthetic makeover, now resembling a lost primal village in the trees. Madagascar truly is quite the paradise.

Anyhow
.. The Bengal Bistro quickly becomes the Foosa Bistro, and other than a few rustic changes, that's pretty much it.

Tiger Treasures and the nearby tiger animal habitats are different. They both will be completely removed to make way for a new Madagascar animal exhibit.

Cryptoprocta_Ferox.JPG

madagascar-animals.jpg

You know, going to Busch Gardens can save you 15% on car insurance. (Sorry, I had to. :p)
After entering through a waterfall cave opening, find yourself immersed in a representation of the untamed Madagascar wilderness. Fossa can be seen climbing the treetops. Large chameleons blend in seamlessly into the environment. Openings in cavern walls allow us to peer into the worlds of smaller invertebrate, like the infamous Madagascar Hissing Cockroach. Lemurs aren't seen here, since they can be found in the nearby Treetop Trails.

The jungles give way to a beautiful forced perspective coastline. After going into another cavern opening, we can actually see under the crystal clear water. On one side is a small freshwater lagoon, home to dozens of chilhlid species. On the other is a beatiful African coral reef, housing tons of saltwater fish and mind-numbing rockwork.

coral-reef.jpg

The new animal walk-through replaces the void created by the loss of Tiger Trails, while servicing the new theme.

1158036860.jpg

The Treetop Trails now look radically different as well. While the basic infrastructure remains, the towers are surrounded by towering jungle trees. The central climbing pillar now resembles a massive tree trunk. The roots extend into the nearby walkways.

Instead of ghails, flying foxes, and gibbons in the animal exhibits, children instead get to witness the playful antics of lemurs, scurrying about in their tropical world.

lemur-facts.jpg

Other than these changes, basically everything remains. The Wild Surge and the Jungle Flyers remain intact, since the park still has a glaring need for rides.

We continue on a rustic footbridge, overcome by a drastic, yet subtle change in scenery. Ladies and gentlelemurs, welcome to..

Not Stanleyville?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, I'm struggling to come up with a new name for Stanleyville. The theme remains unclear too, but let's take baby steps.

Until then, I hope you enjoyed this! "Stanley-something" will come out probably next week. :hilarious::D

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Original Poster
Both I guess. The real life Stanleyville looked like it was an African riverfront village, since Shriekra went through what looked like an abandoned farm.

The riverfront village was kind of what I was going for, only with a bit more emphasis and effort on said "village" part. I'm still considering to change it to a mining riverfront village, so that Stanley Falls can be changed into a more mining-themed ride, since Africa has a massive diamond mine business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom