Stitch replaces Marie

champdisney

I'm sure she'll wind up in Epcot again. As for Stitch, well, it doesn't really bother me that he's appearing there now. I remember the days where Genie and Turk were out at Main Street. They didn't thematically fit but I always thought of Main Street being the character hub anyway.

brb1006

Will they be moving Marie anywhere else or is she gone for good?
Not sure if gone for good, but it appears she won't be anywhere at WDW for a while now. But who knows she might return to meeting guests at Epcot in the future but time will tell.

Ryan H. Serowinski

I'm sure she'll wind up in Epcot again. As for Stitch, well, it doesn't really bother me that he's appearing there now. I remember the days where Genie and Turk were out at Main Street. They didn't thematically fit but I always thought of Main Street being the character hub anyway.
Me too(i met Pinocchio and Chicken Little there back in 2007)

wdrive

I'm just baffled why entertainment insists on making the Flag Pole a spot where they HAVE to have characters. It's deadbeat in the sun, I feel so bad for those character performers and attendants. They could move them to anywhere else in Town Square and it would be fine.

I'm sure Photopass does better sales with the castle in the background

wdrive

They both make about as much sense as overweight people in shorts in a midwest town around 1900.

Heck, if you want realism, let's bring back smallpox and diptheria too!

With the logic we can just have a princess meet and greet everywhere. Come see Cinderella in Africa at AK or Anna and Elsa by the Tiki Room.

Why even bother theming anything if the tourists are just going to come and break the theme anyway.

Cmdr_Crimson

On top of that, in the attraction he stars in, he is teleported literally to Cinderella's castle. So in the end, he's TECHNICALLY not out of place if you go by both the logic of the film and his attraction. Heck, Lilo and Stitch could be on vacation to Florida. They don't live in a fictional futuristic world, they live in America.

Which is "Suppose" To be a Prequel "Which I find hard to Believe" to the movie before he met Lilo....Still think this was suppose to be an orginial attraction before they decided to throw a movie around it..

DisneyGentleman

With the logic we can just have a princess meet and greet everywhere. Come see Cinderella in Africa at AK or Anna and Elsa by the Tiki Room.

Why even bother theming anything if the tourists are just going to come and break the theme anyway.
These are opinion boards - who ever said anything about logic?

Bacon

Original Poster
Which is "Suppose" To be a Prequel "Which I find hard to Believe" to the movie before he met Lilo....Still think this was suppose to be an orginial attraction before they decided to throw a movie around it..

It was behold the terrifying Alien Encounter
AlienEncounter1.jpg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

Yea plus those loose experiments aren't supposed to be released yet by Jumbaa technically... But I mean, you either support the attraction's setup or the film's setup. Since I'm actually in the theme park with the attraction, I force myself to believe the attraction's setup.

The Empress Lilly

Right? To me any cartoon character is a thematic fit for Main Street. As long as they are just roaming around rather than 'living' there or having permanent m&g's, both of which undermine MS' effect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom