Guardians of the Galaxy - Vol. 2

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/29/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-title-revealed

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/29/guardians-galaxy-2-details-james-gunn

Speaking at the Saturn Awards over the weekend, Gunn said the film will be more emotional than its blockbuster predecessor.

“I think it’s a more emotional movie,” he told Collider. “It’s both a bigger movie and a smaller movie because we focus more intensely on some of the characters.”

“We haven’t listened to Awesome Mix 2, yet, so we get to hear it in the sequel,” Gunn revealed.

erasure fan1

I am looking forward to this movie big time. I know winter soldier gets most peoples best phase 2 movie vote, but for me Guardians was my favorite (not counting Ultron). I'm really looking forward to them digging into star lords dad story and more in depth backgrounds of the others. Should be awesome.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Vin Diesel Teases A Gigantic 'Groot' In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, VOL. 2
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=125987

Talking to IGN recently, Vin Diesel weighed in on what he hopes to see from Groot in the highly anticipated Guardians of the Galaxy sequel, teasing some very big changes for the beloved character. "I've talked to James Gunn about that. I can't give it away but I would love to see gigantic Groot. I'd love to throw him into a forest and see how much mass that he consumes after devouring all the trees. Imagine throwing him into Central Park in New York City. I just want to see Giant Groot." That sounds like a potentially very cool thing to see play out on the big screen, though it could be a moment best saved for the two-part Avengers: Infinity War, especially if this team ends up paying a visit to Star-Lord's home planet. What do you think about these comments?
Source: IGN

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I hope the soundtrack for the sequel can be just as good as or better than the original. This movie's just going to be a lot of fun again.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 To Introduce Ego the Living Planet?
http://411mania.com/movies/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-to-introduce-ego-the-living-planet/

According to Geek.com, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will introduce the character of Ego the Living Planet to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The site reports that the character is in the current script for the film, although the capacity in which he appears isn’t revealed.

Ego was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby and first appeared in Thor #132 in 1966. He is exactly what he sounds like: a sentient planet, the result of a scientist merging with a planet when that planet’s sun went nova. Ego has run across several of Marvel’s heroes in the past and has figured prominently in many of Marvel’s cosmic stories.

Guardians of the Galaxy is currently set to release on May 5th, 2017.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Chris Pratt is very excited to start filming -

Feels good to be back in action on Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2!!! I can’t even tell you how excited I am. Ok I’ll try. I’m ecstatic. I’m bursting with joy. I’m overwhelmed by feelings of enthusiasm, joy, gratitude, conviviality, camaraderie, elation, exhilaration. I just used an online thesaurus for these words. I suggest trying that. That way instead of saying “I’m very excited” say, “I’m exhilarated.” Never too late to learn words. The pen is mightier than the sword. I never got that. I could whoop someone’s if I had a sword and they only had a pen. WAIT!!! Now I get it. Cause you could use a giant pen with a dagger on one end? And a gun on the other end? No? Whatever. Point is… Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. Is going to be the greatest spectacle film of all time. This is not…. bear with me… using online thesaurus….. Hyperbole! This is not hyperbole!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 6.09.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 6.09.31 PM.png
    541.7 KB · Views: 48

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster

James Gunn
7 hours ago
Recently I mentioned how I draw every single shot in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 before we ever shoot a frame. I'll spread whole scenes over my office floor or all around the walls, sometimes hundreds of shots, and it will give me an idea of how the scene flows, what's smooth, what's jumbled, and even what works comedically. Over the entire film I draw thousands of these thumbnails.

Many of them are messy and it's impossible for anyone other than me to tell what they are. Some of them get turned over to accomplished storyboard artists to flesh out. Some of them go directly to our pre-visualization team to turn into animated storyboards. And others just stay in their primitive state.

Many of you asked to see these drawings so I thought I'd start posting thumbnails of whatever it was we shot that day on ‪#‎GotGVol2‬. I'm not going to explain what the shot is - as I said, they're messy. But maybe you can match the thumbnail to the shot when the movie is released.

So here's the first in the series of ‪#‎WhatWeShotWednesday‬ (that is, today). Can you guess what it might be?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I know i was just saying that it makes it seem more likely.
No, it doesn't. The only thing that will make ToT get a makeover is the ROI Disney anticipates from such a decision. That blog piece was simply an echo chamber bit of everything being discussed over the past week....

Bacon

No, it doesn't. The only thing that will make ToT get a makeover is the ROI Disney anticipates from such a decision. That blog piece was simply an echo chamber bit of everything being discussed over the past week....
The twilight zone contract is almost over

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom