Small World Storymaker Finale

Biff215

I don't mind it one bit, but I'm interested to see how will this work. I know there are a few screens, but are there enough to address every guest/family on the boat with a MagicBand? What happens when it's cascading (when is it not?) and boats are slowly getting bumped through that section?

It's a nice idea and good use of the tech, I'm just interested to see what happens. The first time a family gets stiffed they will run to City Hall and then they'll cover the screens again! ;)

No Name

The good news is one day it will break and they won't fix it
Why? What don't you like about it? Your opinion is your opinion and it's fine, but if you're going to make a sort of snarky comment, it would at least be nice to know why you're against it.

As I said, I like this and think it's a neat idea. It's simple yet special. It'll be a nice surprise, and one of those things that makes you go "aha that's cool." Or at least it makes you feel special. It makes you feel like you were invited and that you're welcome, and lessens the feeling of being just another of the thousands of park guest. It gives you the feeling that the parks have always intended to give, even in Walt's day.

To be honest, I was expecting a pop-up doll that held a "happy birthday" or "happy anniversary" sign. Tom Staggs, I think, described it as being a doll saying happy birthday, and somehow I got a picture in my head of a doll popping up. Anyway, certainly the plan changed a little somewhere (or Tom was just giving an idea that wasn't in planning yet). Less people will have minor heart attacks or fall off of their boat due to shock. But I still very much like this, and I'm just glad Disney is still going through with it because I totally thought this part of MM+ was cut.

JohnD

Look, you can have a fully functioning ride with all of its original effects intact or you can have a flat screen TV that displays your name as you float by but you CAN'T HAVE BOTH.

LOL! Yeah, it says a lot about how far we've come. Who cares about immersing into the ride. It's about spending millions--nay a billion--into making experiences all about ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME. Banned selfie sticks? Not to worry. You can purchase photos of yourself on a ride. Ride elements not working? No problem! Your name flashes up at the end. What could be better?

PizzaPlanet

Original Poster
How about non MM effects? Like the spinning rays behind the sun. The last several times I was on Small World it wasn't working.
This is surprising. The maintenance for this ride is usually pretty good. I have noticed effects not working one day, but repaired several days later.

AndyS2992

How about non MM effects? Like the spinning rays behind the sun. The last several times I was on Small World it wasn't working.
This is surprising. The maintenance for this ride is usually pretty good. I have noticed effects not working one day, but repaired several days later.
The sun rays have been broken since September and the three dolls representing Wales in the UK section have been missing for almost an entire year. :grumpy:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
and the neat part is those screens have been there for a year (maybe more) just never activated. Almost like they ran out of money before they were able to complete it. Sorta like the end of spaceship earth that is so exciting to experience

muddyrivers

If they did run out of money, it's a shame they put their new found money toward the signs rather than fixing the broken things that were already there.

I'm much more enamored with reading Goodbye in all different languages as I float through that last scene. I really could care less if they say goodbye to me by name. I can go to Universal and ride ET for that ;)

Kate Alan

Are the names listed the ones attached to your MDE accounts, or are they the names you choose to put on your Magic Bands? Because if it's the latter, my friends/family tend to get creative with their MB choices. (For example, with the new choice of purple bands there is talk of using purple characters like Figment, Ursula, Yzma as the names on our MBs next trip).

Jon81uk

Are the names listed the ones attached to your MDE accounts, or are they the names you choose to put on your Magic Bands? Because if it's the latter, my friends/family tend to get creative with their MB choices. (For example, with the new choice of purple bands there is talk of using purple characters like Figment, Ursula, Yzma as the names on our MBs next trip).

Its the name on your MDE profile.

I opt out. I do not want my name displayed in any fashion

Nobody on the boat knows its your name except you and your family. The person in the row in front doesn't know if the name is yours or the person behind you or whoever. It would only be special to you.
Currently it doesn't seem like there is a way to opt out, other than using an RFID card instead of a band.
But when I was looking at MDE it asked me to confirm I agree with the terms again, which includes stating that a band can be used to deliver your site/app information to deliver personalised experiences.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom