Universal Studios Hollywood Announces an "Epic Transformation"

Mike S

It does look like there's a lack of greenery in that area, even though ours has a large head start in that regard. Maybe it'll grow in? I'm more concerned with what appears to be a visible office building as a backdrop to the land...

I don't like that car being right in front of Hogwarts either.
Didn't even notice it till now. That's pretty bad.

Californian Elitist

Is it just me or is the Flying Hippogriff hidden a little better with trees and stuff in Orlando? Also, while Disney removes benches (in WDW at least), Universal busts em' out just for guests waiting in line. I'm shocked.

I've never been to UO, so I wouldn't know.

Benches are nothing. One time when I was at the park, it was pouring raining, and it was really chilly. Almost as an apology for the weather, Universal offered free hot chocolate and complimentary park tickets to the guests. Awesome.

Californian Elitist

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_untitled.png

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_untitled(1).png

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_untitled(2).png

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_untitled(3).png

sedati

From what I've seen, the only area that offers total immersion is within Hogsmede facing the castle. From photos anywhere else, showbuildings, office buildings and other park areas are easily visible. Maybe there's going to be more trees planted before the official opening, but it seems to kill an otherwise excellent amount of theming.

sandam1

I have a strange question that I can't find an answer to - does Universal have an bicoastal passes? I have a power pass for Orlando, but I am considering a trip to California next winter and might be interested in upgrading if it were available and made sense.

Californian Elitist

It's gonna be a mad house. Have you been to the WWOHP yet?

Nope, I sure haven't. I was supposed to go for employee preview night with my sister last month, but she caught the flu bad (had to go to the hospital twice), so we had to skip it. I'm in no rush.

If Angelenos planning to go are smart, they'd take the Metro Rail, as I can imagine how horrid the 101 will be both today and tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom