Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

MiamiMatt01

Original Poster
Getting married in Disney in November 2016 and am looking for some Rehearsal Dinner ideas. Will be for about 20-25 people. Any suggestions would be great!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Getting married in Disney in November 2016 and am looking for some Rehearsal Dinner ideas. Will be for about 20-25 people. Any suggestions would be great!
Inside or outside of the parks and are you doing an official Disney wedding or just getting married at Disney?

MiamiMatt01

Original Poster
We are having an official Disney wedding, but are thinking something outside of the parks for the rehearsal dinner to keep cost down.

Sweet Melissa

We had a November wedding too! Our rehearsal dinner was at the Cabana Bar and Beach Club at the Dolphin. We had 19 people, but they can accommodate more. They sectioned off one of the cabanas for us, so it felt like a private event. We were able to customize a special menu that was served at buffet action stations, and they just kept bringing out more and more food as long as people were eating. Everyone loved the food, and the casual, outdoor vibe of the place was perfect. After the dinner ended, a bunch of us walked over to Epcot to watch IllumiNations.

DznyBride2016

Hi!!
My fiancé and I are in the same boat...having a Disney wedding this September and trying to figure out a venu for our rehearsal dinner. We have narrowed it down to either Planet Hollywood or the Rainforest Cafe. We figure by having it in Disney Springs our guests can go explore afterwards and guests that are not in the wedding party can meet up after the dinner for drinks and what not. Another plus is we have booked two tree house villas at Saratoga for our wedding party which is just a short boat ride from the Springs. Other Springs restaurants that offer group packages are T-Rex, Portobellos, WGP, and Fultons Crab House (those are the ones I know of, I'm sure there are more!).

Hope this helps!
Hilary

TXDisney

We had a Disney wedding but to do a rehearsal dinner at Disney was just going to be too difficult to do at a restaurant at WDW. I believe we had 45 guests for our rehearsal. We did it at macaroni grill outside the parks. It was great. I'd recommend it.

landocolt45

Hi!!
My fiancé and I are in the same boat...having a Disney wedding this September and trying to figure out a venu for our rehearsal dinner. We have narrowed it down to either Planet Hollywood or the Rainforest Cafe. We figure by having it in Disney Springs our guests can go explore afterwards and guests that are not in the wedding party can meet up after the dinner for drinks and what not. Another plus is we have booked two tree house villas at Saratoga for our wedding party which is just a short boat ride from the Springs. Other Springs restaurants that offer group packages are T-Rex, Portobellos, WGP, and Fultons Crab House (those are the ones I know of, I'm sure there are
Hilary
We had ours at Rainforest Cafe and everyone loved it.

Vipraa

The Boathouse has private dining areas as well a 40 foot Venetian water taxi that goes out for champagne and wine tasting cruises for up to 16 people at a time as well as the Amphicars.

Luv4disney

Ohana is a great place , so is bongos at Disney springs

resorts : contemporary, polynesian,pop century,P.O. French quarter, all star sport
All star movies, art of animation
Annual pass holder
Wdw trips : 1976, 1991, 10/2003,10/2004,10/2005,10/2006,02/2006,10/2007,10/2008,
03/2009,10/2009,10/2010,10/2011,10/2012,05/2013,10/2013,10/2014
05/2015,10/2015, 05/2016

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Hi!!
My fiancé and I are in the same boat...having a Disney wedding this September and trying to figure out a venu for our rehearsal dinner. We have narrowed it down to either Planet Hollywood or the Rainforest Cafe. We figure by having it in Disney Springs our guests can go explore afterwards and guests that are not in the wedding party can meet up after the dinner for drinks and what not. Another plus is we have booked two tree house villas at Saratoga for our wedding party which is just a short boat ride from the Springs. Other Springs restaurants that offer group packages are T-Rex, Portobellos, WGP, and Fultons Crab House (those are the ones I know of, I'm sure there are more!).

Hope this helps!
Hilary
Planet Hollywood will most likely not be open in September. The opening has already been pushed back, and it may not even open this year at the rate they are going on the refurb.

EvilQueen-T

My daughter was a disney bride in Oct 2014, 50 people. We did a welcome party (basically a rehearsal party but everyone was invited not just the wedding party). About 25-30 came to the welcome party. It was at the GF, buffet, bar on consumption, a little decoration, and captain hook for a visit. It was suppose to be outside at the summerhouse next to the water but the skies opened up so they moved us into a room inside the GF. They charged us about $4500 but the character wasn't cheap and was fun but on a budget could have been skipped. It was nice but moving it inside took away from the whole thing because of the limited decor imo but everyone had a great time.

DiSnEyF@n

We had a November wedding too! Our rehearsal dinner was at the Cabana Bar and Beach Club at the Dolphin. We had 19 people, but they can accommodate more. They sectioned off one of the cabanas for us, so it felt like a private event. We were able to customize a special menu that was served at buffet action stations, and they just kept bringing out more and more food as long as people were eating. Everyone loved the food, and the casual, outdoor vibe of the place was perfect. After the dinner ended, a bunch of us walked over to Epcot to watch IllumiNations.

That must have been beautiful. We always stay at the Swan and Dolphin so I know how pretty it is there. I love that idea!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom