Annual Passes

gatorfan85

Original Poster
Hello everyone.

We used to have annual passes about 5 years ago and some family things came up and we had to cancel the payment.

I want to buy 2-day tickets for the family and go this weekend for my sons bday but Im wondering since (from what I've read) Disney doesn't report to credit, would my name still be connected to those passes according to Disney?

Assuming the passes are still connected to my name/fingerprint, does that mean if someone bought tickets on my behalf that I would still come up and be denied entrance until the passes were paid?

Im not opposed to paying off the tickets, I would just like to avoid it until a little later. I have the tickets ready in the cart but I don't want to buy them, travel to Disney and get the surprise.

Thanks in advance.

disneygeek90

I'm not really sure what you're asking honestly. If I'm reading this correctly, you haven't had annual passes in 5 years? And you want to buy a 2 day ticket for various family members?

If you buy the tickets, that doesn't necessarily mean they're assigned to you. I could buy an annual pass for my dad, but it would be assigned to him under the MDX app. If you didn't complete payment on the original annual pass, I wouldn't think that would block you from any other daily pass. The annual pass will just be no longer valid (though it hasn't been valid anyway for 4 years).

Honestly, I've read this post about 5 times and I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking. You won't be able to use old annual passes. Buy new tickets and you should be good to go regardless of whose name it's under.

MaryJaneP

We are not sure of your concern either. Are you concerned that your cancellation of payment for your annual passes 5 years ago would effect your use of park admission tickets today? We have to ask that if you used the annual passes but did not pay for them, isn't that like shoplifting? We would think this is more of a moral obligation than anything currently enforceable because we think Disney had the opportunity to pursue payment previously and you will have to tell us if they did or if they simply gave up on the debt. We would think you should be able to buy admission tickets today even if you feel the residual and lingering doubt of not paying for your annual passes 5 years ago.

raven

I think the poster is asking if he buys a pass to use, and since he didn't pay off his last AP, will that pop up at the gate and will be be denied access until he pays off that old AP?

jwutony16

The Op wants to know if there is some sort of "collections" if he goes to the park with a 2 day ticket knowing that he owes for the annual passes that were not fully paid in full using the payment program. I would say you would be ok going to the park but they probably sent your outstanding bill to a collection agency.

gatorfan85

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses, sorry I wasn't clear.

A few years ago we had family medical issues and had to stop paying the tickets off so I was just wondering if they would stop me at the gate because of that.

I decided to call Disney this morning and the girl was very helpful and told me that buying single tickets is ok. The only thing I couldn't do is get another annual pass. I set up a payment plan to finish off paying for the AP's and will get another set next year as things are much better now.

Thanks again!

raven

I decided to call Disney this morning and the girl was very helpful and told me that buying single tickets is ok. The only thing I couldn't do is get another annual pass. I set up a payment plan to finish off paying for the AP's and will get another set next year as things are much better now.
I think it's awful that they'd prevent you from getting another AP altogether. If anything, it should be only that if you choose to get another AP then you couldn't buy it utilizing monthly payments.

JaxFLBear

I think it's awful that they'd prevent you from getting another AP altogether. If anything, it should be only that if you choose to get another AP then you couldn't buy it utilizing monthly payments.
They way I read the post from gatorfan85 is they can purchase another AP once they've paid off the outstanding balance from the prior monthly payment plan.

raven

They way I read the post from gatorfan85 is they can purchase another AP once they've paid off the outstanding balance from the prior monthly payment plan.
But if you stopped going (and stopped paying) what's the difference? Why would you need to pay off the remainder payments if you didn't go?

MattC

But if you stopped going (and stopped paying) what's the difference? Why would you need to pay off the remainder payments if you didn't go?

1. You agree to a contract to pay over 12 months.
2. If you go everyday of your vacation or you happen to live close and go several times during the month you have gained access to the parks for next to nothing per day. If you then do not payoff the remaining balance Disney does not receive a full AP payment and let you in at an extremely reduced rate.

If that makes sense. Makes sense in my head. Maybe someone else can explain it better.

TBrooker11

I just renewed my passes about 3 weeks ago and have already been to Disney 6 times I think. So, if I went a couple of more times over the next few weeks or lets say 10 more times in the next month I would have gotten probably twice the value out of my tickets. If I then decided to stop making payments and stop going I would basically be screwing Disney out of the money agreed to in our contract. I hope that makes sense lol.

raven

Screwing Disney out of their money? BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And what do you think THEY do? :cautious:

Water Parks and more add-on then close the only water park open for days on end, charge full price to thousands of guests on a daily basis going into a park that is currently only offering 1/3 offerings than a year ago, pay employees 1/2 of what they are worth...

disneygeek90

I didn't know you can get financing on AP's
Florida Residents are allowed to pay AP in full or a monthly plan.

Water Parks and more add-on then close the only water park open for days on end, charge full price to thousands of guests on a daily basis going into a park that is currently only offering 1/3 offerings than a year ago, pay employees 1/2 of what they are worth...
Regardless of all that, it's still an agreement you accept when you go through the monthly route.

Sonconato

1. You agree to a contract to pay over 12 months.
2. If you go everyday of your vacation or you happen to live close and go several times during the month you have gained access to the parks for next to nothing per day. If you then do not payoff the remaining balance Disney does not receive a full AP payment and let you in at an extremely reduced rate.

If that makes sense. Makes sense in my head. Maybe someone else can explain it better.
Perhaps this may help...

Disney currently gives you two options to pay for an Florida AP; 1) Pay in full or 2) pay the same amount over a year. Although we all know Disney has been making plenty of money lately, they have allowed Guests to pay for a Florida AP over a year without adding on any interest, unlike car payments, house payments or even a credit card. If Guests continue to "break the contract" that they agreed to, then I would imagine that TWDC would choose to go back to how it used to be and require that everybody "Pay in Full". Based on a survey I posted about a month ago, that could impact a lot of people and certainly would reduce the crowds. To be honest, I think TWDC is being kind in that they are not requiring it be paid unless they want to renew.

Does that help?

DManRightHere

Thanks for the responses, sorry I wasn't clear.

A few years ago we had family medical issues and had to stop paying the tickets off so I was just wondering if they would stop me at the gate because of that.

Thanks again!

Thank you for being a stand up person, even though it has been 5 years, it's always great when people resolute.

If everyone would pay their debts it would save everyone else some money!

raven

The renewal rate is getting higher and higher though. Many AP members chose not to renew due to all of the construction going on and the increase isn't worth paying for an entire year of limited offerings. This could be a reason why some AP members are just leaving.

Now, it's been stated on the boards that Disney is trying to scale down their number of APs (and AP events) but they still want all of their money. One of the reasons they allow guests to pay on a monthly basis is because the cost is extremely high (also most parks in FL offer a month-to-month payment option).

The AP's have been the backbone of their guests for decades. Now that they are offering deals to get more outside visitors into the parks & resorts, the AP's are being pushed aside. Just an observation.

Brad Bishop

I think that they get people to freely exchange their money for the services and products provided by Disney.

The only entity that really screws people of their money is government. They put a gun to your head and demand payment. You have no choice. For me, when I add up all the taxes and fees, they get close to 40% of my pay. Disney, nor any other private entity, has ever screwed me out of that much.

I don't want to start a political discussion on this. I just see these sorts of, "Oh, they're out to screw you out of money!!!," kinds of posts and I immediately think two things:
1) Don't go. Don't buy their product. You don't have to have their product.
2) How can you ignore the elephant in the room (government) who takes FAR more of your pay, wastes it on nonsense, and tells you you're not giving them enough?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom