WDW with a 16 month old

Tootsie

Original Poster
I know a stroller is a must, but what about a car seat, we always take the Magic Way bus from the airport, do we need a car seat? Also we are thinking about going to Universal for a day and taking a taxi, again, I know the stroller is a must, but a car seat for the taxi ride? Do taxi's supply car seats?

Disneydreamer23

We went when my daughter was 15 months. We did bring a car seat because my Parents met us and we drove to Universal. I don't think Taxis supply Car seats so I am unsure the rules on that. It may be cheaper for you to get a rental and drive to Universal. We did this last year I paid 35.00 for the whole day with a car seat included with Avis . I am not comfortable with my 2 year old not in a seat Taxi or not. Bring a cover for the stroller for the rain. The poncho doesn't work due to the holes, I had to throw my stroller away from how soaked it got. I brought the plastic cover you actually buy for the specific stroller and it worked amazing. Have a Great time! My daughter loved it at that age!

Tootsie

Original Poster
We went when my daughter was 15 months. We did bring a car seat because my Parents met us and we drove to Universal. I don't think Taxis supply Car seats so I am unsure the rules on that. It may be cheaper for you to get a rental and drive to Universal. We did this last year I paid 35.00 for the whole day with a car seat included with Avis . I am not comfortable with my 2 year old not in a seat Taxi or not. Bring a cover for the stroller for the rain. The poncho doesn't work due to the holes, I had to throw my stroller away from how soaked it got. I brought the plastic cover you actually buy for the specific stroller and it worked amazing. Have a Great time! My daughter loved it at that age!

Tootsie

Original Poster
Thanks so much, that helps a lot, we go to Disney about ever other year, both coasts, but first one with the new granddaughter.

DisneyFans4Life

We've been taking my daughter to Disney since she was 3 months old (she's almost 2 now). Because she's 16 months...you'll be able to leave the car seat in the hotel unless you plan on taking a taxi. Anytime a child is in a car, they must be in a car seat by law. For whatever reason, they do not need to be in a car seat if you take the bus.

RememberWhen

I'm pretty sure you will not be allowed to install the car seat on the bus. It will definitely be required for the taxi though. You can rent a car seat with a rental car. You never really know what you're getting though. And at 16 months old the child should ideally be rear facing. Most car rental companies won't provide a rear facing toddler seat. I suppose one could turn whatever seat they provide around, but we've always brought our own seat when renting a car so I can't say for sure.
Good luck!

stevehousse

Most taxi companies do actually have car seats. You just need to let them know when you are ordering one. Double check whichever taxi company you would be using to be sure, you don't need the car seat for a bus.

Also so you are aware, at universal, I think there might be only 1 or 2 rides your child will actually be able to go on. It'll be you and your husband taking turns riding rides. I know they do offer a similar baby swap procedure there though!

Tootsie

Original Poster
All of this is great information, I will leave it up to my daughter if she even wants to try Universal. I think we should just spend more time at Disney :), thanks for all the help!

Dreaming of Disney World

We took our daughter at 14 months. We brought a Cosco Scenera car seat (cheap, lightweight so good for travel) and got a rental car for our whole trip. There wasn't that much for her at Universal - just a few playgrounds, and she also rode the Hogwarts Express. She was bored much of the time. We hope to go to Disney again next year, but we'll be skipping Universal until the kids are older.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom