Nintendo Revolution, Open Brainstorming

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Love it all! Especially Banjo-Kazooie 3; the real version that we deserve haha. Heck, Banjo and Kazooie could even be featured in the Smash roster. I know this is kind of pushing it, but perhaps a new Conker game even? Actual Rare-made Donkey Kong titles? A new name for All-Stars 2 is fine, especially since it's not technically a sequel, almost the entirety of Disc One IS the original Super Mario All-Stars.

tcool123

4. Super Smash Bros. Revolution
-I'd like to start working on the roster for this
I wouldn't mind helping with the Smash roster, that is if you want help from me.

Just spit balling ideas here
  • Pikmin : Defense - A spin off title which takes form in a tower defense game. Pikmin fend off swarms of bulborbs, and other enemies that are trying to kill a random captain from the Pikmin universe.
  • Mario Party 13 - Typically all Nintendo Home Consoles get 3 Mario Party games. So it would be a safe bet that Mario Parties 11 - 12 will be released for the Wii U. Mario Party 13 will be a return to what made Mario Party fun. It will bring back the playing style found in the original Mario Party. However since this is the thirteenth installment in the series the Day and Night cycle will make its grand return, and this game will follow a supernatural theme. The roster of playable characters will be Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Toad, Toadette, Yoshi, Rosalina, Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong*, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Boo, and Dry Bones
  • Hero's Quest (Bland Name I Know) - An idea that came to me. This will be a RPG similar to Paper Mario 64. The main character will live on a planet similar to our's until a alien invasion comes, and changes everything. The alien race capture's the main character's significant other. Along the way to save him the MC partners up with various individuals along her journey. Eventually the main villain is defeated, and the are reunited. Once the game ends however at the end screen a space colony is seen in the back ground floating towards the hero's planet.
  • Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars HD Remake
  • F-Zero GX HD Remake
  • Pokemon Fun Collection
    • Pokemon Snap HD Remake
    • Pokemon Stadium HD Remake
    • Pokemon Puzzle League HD Remake

Flippin'Flounder

Pikmin: Defense would be a great minigame in Pikmin 4!
Mario Party 12 will probably not be made on the Wii U, I think that would be a better option, as 11 hasn't even been announced.
Pokemon Fun Collection would be awesome too!

tcool123

Pikmin: Defense would be a great minigame in Pikmin 4!
Mario Party 12 will probably not be made on the Wii U, I think that would be a better option, as 11 hasn't even been announced.
Pokemon Fun Collection would be awesome too!
I didn't think about it, but yeah I like the idea of it being a minigame.
For Mario Party 12 I would then bring back teams (as seen in Mario Party 7), and the classic playing style. This version will focus on a theme of time travelling to the past, and future. Baby Mario and Baby Luigi take the place of Dry Bones and Boo. While the eventual Mario Party 13 will go with my other idea.
Anyone think the main character of Hero's Quest should be playable? There's also the Wonderful 101 or should I say the Wonderful 102.
Considering the main of Hero's Quest doesn't have a name yet I disagree that she'll be playable. Perhaps a trophy or two for the series. I agree with the possible inclusion of Red? For Smash I think we should include Paper Mario. We should also cut the majority of DLC characters so far except for Ryu, and cut Dr Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit with all of them becoming character swaps for existing characters.

The90skid

MEW, this is a cool topic! Since you opened it up, I feel inclined to get on my soapbox for a moment WARNING: be prepared for opinions with which you are free to agree or disagree with

I believe that, at their heart, video games should mainly be intended for children. "But, 90sKid!! Gamers are all ages!!" I know, I know, but hear me out. I compare Nintendo to Pixar. Both companies have a "target" audience of children and tweens, but their content is made so well that their games/movies can be enjoyed by all ages. I believe that the art of creating inter-generational content is being completely lost. In today's age, we always seem to go to extremes in our video games and movies; they are either completely kiddie stupid or completely mature and graphic. This is particularly evident in comedy movies. Name one Comedy that has come out in the past 10 years that can be enjoyed by all ages. Most comedies today have to be filled with explicit jokes in order to be considered "funny". And if a comedy is aimed toward children, it contains a lot of toilet humor and stupid jokes that are generally not entertaining to adults. The reason for this is simply that making good, inter-generational content is really dang hard! It is way easier to write a stupid or explicit one liner than to carefully create a story with meaningful dialogue that lends itself to humor naturally!

This same logic should be applied to whatever Nintendo does in the future. I can't speak to hardware specs, but for future game releases and even new Intellectual Properties, Nintendo needs to put some doggone sweat and tears into making inter-generational games with captivating stories that everyone can enjoy. Why bother with a target market when your market can be E for EVERYONE?

However, when I say "captivating" story, I don't mean that it has to be amazingly complex. Just because a story is complicated does NOT make it instantly good. I think that is yet another thing that we have come to mistakenly believe about movies and video games. For instance, I think the Marvel Cinematic Universe is becoming too complex for your average viewer. The Avengers: Age of Ultron was, to be sure, a fun movie, but it was trying to cram far too much story into far too short of a run-time. Ant-Man, which came out only a few months later, I found to be far more enjoyable because it was easy to follow, but still engaging! It was like night and day! I feel like video games are following in this path of "Complex = Better", and it is simply not the case. Mario does not need to be complex to be more interesting; he just needs some new story arcs to work with! Complex can be better if the complexity actually makes for an engaging story.

I could rant on and on about the dying art of storytelling, but I decided to delete a lot of the things I was going to say because I felt like I was getting waaaay too long-winded. TL; DR - whatever game Nintendo makes, it needs a good story that all ages can enjoy.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I would keep Mewtwo, but that's just my opinion. I love the Pokemon Fun thing! If I may make a suggestion, I would include Pokemon Stadium 2 as well as Stadium 1. Maybe find a way to mix the two together. Both are equally great and equally nostalgic.

I agree with you entirely, @The90skid, and that is truly the entire reason why I came up with this thread. I truly miss the days of games that could captivate and appeal to the imagination and heart of all ages. It's truly the inspiration behind my collection of Mario remakes. The old Mario games (not to mention recent titles like both Galaxy games and 3D World) have extremely simple plots but such a captivating concept: An Italian plumber's girlfriend is kidnapped by a giant fire-breathing turtle. Boom. Inter-generational storytelling at its finest. I believe that Hero's Quest, suggested by tcool could have the potential to capture that same essence.

Speaking of, how would you feel if Hero's Quest was an RPG about toys? Like, keep the same plot, but shrink it down into a world of knickknacks and giant furniture. Have the hero be a ballerina doll who goes on a quest to rescue her toy soldier s.o. who was kidnapped by "aliens" which are also toys. You have an endless realm of creative opportunities when your game's setting is shrunk down to Lego-size, especially when your central characters are weird misfits.

Another game idea; a couple of kids are casually playing baseball at the park. The batter hits a home run, sending the ball flying through the window of an old house on a nearby hill. As many urban legends and rumors exist in regards to the house, the other kids force the batter to retrieve his fly ball. The boy sneaks in through the broken window, only to discover the ball is nowhere to be found. Not only that, the house is littered with paranormal creatures of every kind. Thus begins an epic search for the missing ball where the hero whacks the paranormal enemies with his baseball bat and encounters challenging puzzles throughout. Finally, the batter discovers that the ball is being used as a gear in a large machine alongside hundreds of other missing toys and sports equipment thrown into the house over the years. As it turns out, the home is inhabited by an inventor who creates complex Halloween costumes and props from the various toys left in his yard and inside his house, explaining the various enemies and spooky settings. Just as the inventor prepares to remove the ball and return it, the machine gets a mind of its own and engages in battle. In the finale, the house is destroyed, as is the machine which explodes into a shower of toys. The boy finally retrieves the ball and resumes the game, resulting in his teammates shouting "What took you so long? Were you playing a video game or something?" The inventor disappears into thin air, perhaps hinting that there was paranormal activity after all.

mharrington

For the new Smash Bros. game, since the previous game now has Pac-Man, I would like to include another Namco character: Taizo Hori, AKA Dig Dug! Also...

7. Mickey Mania Remake
-Never played the original, but it seems fun

It's a great game! To give you an idea of the original, here's a description of each level in the original, taken from the manual from the SNES version (not including the levels themed to "The Band Concert", "Thru the Mirror" and "The Sorcerer's Apprentice", however):

STEAMBOAT WILLIE
As our first film starts, we find Mickey on board Pete's steamboat headed for Podunk Landing. Here, Mickey can find a note-eating goat, squawking chickens, and a cameo by Steamboat Willie. You'll find Steamboat Willie quite surprised to see how he'll look in color! Make your way carefully to the docks and watch out for Pete and his pesky parrots! In this feature's frantic finale, Mickey will have to disable a big, wacky contraption, so make sure you find as many marbles as you can!

THE MAD DOCTOR
Oh no! Poor Pluto's been dog-napped by the Mad Doctor and taken to his creepy laboratory! With skeletons, spiders, bats and tricky traps, Mickey's nightmare has only just begun. And if you find yourself riding on a wayward gurney, be careful not to fall into the vats of bubbling acid or hit one of those (gulp) spinning saw blades! With the Mad Doctor lurking somewhere in the shadows, Mickey's going to have a tough time getting safely through this reel.

MOOSE HUNTERS
You'll need to keep on your toes as Mickey and Pluto move through this treacherous tree-lined territory, because, while the forest and fresh air may look inviting to Mickey, they also look pretty good to a moose! If a moose should chase after you - keep running! You won't have time to duck or throw marbles, so just run and jump over any obstacles. Oh, and avoid the water, too, as it'll only slow you down. Hint: to keep ahead of a charging moose, you're going to need energy, so catch all the green apples you can - or that angry moose may catch you!

LONESOME GHOSTS
Ghost pranksters have called the Ajax Ghost Exterminators in order to have some fun scaring Mickey, Donald and Goofy. That was many years ago, but the troublesome ghosts are still here in their haunted house! Watch your step - things are not what they seem. Ghosts are likely to appear out of thin air and disappear before you can say "Eeeeee!" Keep your wits about you, Mickey - remember, you need all the help you can get.

MICKEY AND THE BEANSTALK
Goodness! Those beans must have been magic after all! Look at the huge vine that's grown up into the clouds. In fact, this whole place is giant-sized. Just look at those giant butterflies, dragonflies, beetles and tulips! As if that wasn't enough, Mickey may have to push some things around and do some gardening to get where he wants to go. And did we mention Willie the Giant? After all, it is his castle.

THE PRINCE AND THE PAUPER
This must be the final feature, as Mickey is almost back in his own time. Unfortunately, Pete's weasely palace guards aren't going to make it easy for him to finish the film. Flying knives, flaming pits, crushing walls, and spinning spears are just the beginning. And right when you think it's all over, here comes the biggest, meanest Pete Mickey's ever seen...

Anyway, that's the basic gist of it. Next time, I will get to other Disney games for this new system.

Twilight_Roxas

So what do you think of including the Brave Little Tailor, Runaway Brain, one of the 2013 Mickey Mouse shorts, and Get A Horse as a way to have all 5 of Mickey's voice actors in the same game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom