The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

And, needless to say, you didn't disappoint me with your answers!! :joyfull: (P.S.: I think we'd all enjoy seeing a picture of the tacky Thanksgiving plates, if you can discreetly take a pic tomorrow!! :hilarious: )

Also, I know how difficult it is to clear out a home of your grandparents, when they move out. We had to do that years ago; it was a lot of work getting it all done. (One good thing about my own situation of moving around quite a few times during the years, is that it forced me to keep the essentials only, as hauling around "stuff" was too much of an effort.)

Tacky plates with chourico stuffing at the end. I'm in a food coma right now. I did score a lightening deal on Amazon today....$10 Aladdin Blu-Ray Diamond Edition. I went on at the time it came up and it was 72% gone already within less than a minute.

IMG_0371.JPG IMG_0372.JPG IMG_0374.JPG

catmom46

French Quarter

View attachment 120920 View attachment 120919
A fun window by the Confectionary

View attachment 120920

View attachment 120921

View attachment 120924

View attachment 120926

View attachment 120927
(These guys seemed to be moving fast, I think I have a better picture from the second parade.)

View attachment 120928
A person near the front was taking a picture and using their flash, that is why it looks so bright.

Santa!!!!! I know him! (who can name the movie that is from..)
View attachment 120929

View attachment 120930

View attachment 120931

Elf?!

French Quarter

donaldtoo

We're back from mom and pops. Good grief, I'm so stuffed. I'm not even gonna' go through the list of goodies... :confused:
And yes, pop is recovering nicely, losing weight, and is as perfectly feisty as ever. Good Lord, I love my folks...! :happy:
But, we had to pig out a bit, 'cause it's Thanksgiving...!!! :joyfull: ;) :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

donaldtoo

@donaldtoo , will you be enjoying your Thanksgiving at home, or will you all be going to your parents' house, and/or DWifey's family's house? Will there be pecan pie for dessert? :hungry:

Thanks for inquiring, and see previous post...! ;)

Unfortunately, DWifeys father passed years ago (they were long since divorced), and MIL now lives in Houston with BIL and niece.

Pecan pie was definitely for dessert, and sooo good, as usual...! :hungry:

Hope y'all had the happiest of Thanksgivings, as well...!!! :)

Goofyernmost

So it snowed today, and it stuck. Less than an inch though. This was taken through the front window, it was actually still snowing pretty hard at the time but it doesn't really look like it.
View attachment 120941
Brought back some memories of the first Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house with my future wife. We had 8 inches of snow on the ground that morning.

StarWarsGirl

We had a very nice evening over here. Just me and my family, my grandmother and stepgrandfather, and one of my uncles. And for once, my grandmother did not bring up the topic of having a boyfriend, so that was nice. This was the first time stepgrandfather has been on an outing since he broke his hip in September and landed himself in the hospital, subsequently got and recovered from pneumonia, and was in a nursing home for rehab. He's been home for a while now, but has pretty much stayed at home. It was hard to see him unsteady, and he's having trouble talking (apparently he needs speech therapy), but overall, he's doing really well. He ate really well, which is good. Considering how many people would not have survived that, he's very fortunate. When my grandmother brought that up, he said that only old people wouldn't survive that. He's 99. :hilarious: The cat was adorable, though. She normally won't come up to people we have over, but stepgrandfather sat on the couch, and she hopped up next to him and let him pet her, and then laid there until he got up for dinner. It was like she knew he was still in pain and wanted to help.

Tomorrow, it will be time to attack that pile of homework...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom