The Capitol - A Hunger Games Land

tcool123

Original Poster
The Capitol

The Capitol is the center of Panem; a futuristic world found within the Hunger Games. This new theme park land takes place 36 years prior to the 74th Hunger Games with Katniss Everdeen. This land will have two attractions. One in which for the entertainment of the people Capitol they have created a simulator putting you in the middle of the action of the First Rebellion. The other attraction is with Caesar Flickerman on his hit show Capitol Do’s & Don’ts. Here Caesar still is not with the Hunger Games as of now, but rather on a fashion analysis show with a few bits of comedy. While strolling through the futuristic and ecofriendly Capitol one may find the Snow Banquet Hall here after the Hunger Games Victor Tour, and you’re just in luck as Porter Millicent Tripp the 38th Hunger Games winner has recently arrived. Lastly there is Panem World Center where all the goods from around Panem are transported and are able to be bought by the citizens of the Capitol.

latest

Capitol Do’s & Don’ts with Caesar Flickerman

Queue

Guests will enter the production lobby of a television studio. They will see advertisements for various parodies of iconic television shows made by the Capitol. Guests will pass by a hot set being used to talk about past Hunger Games, and various iconic tributes in their younger forms. These tributes will be Woof, Mags, the Morphlings, Seeder, Beetee, and the most recent victor Porter Millicent Tripp. As guests keep moving they enter the set of Capitol Do’s & Don’ts were the logo is plastered nearly anywhere that it is logical to be. A large screen is hanging on a wall, and on this screen a poster of Capitol Do’s & Don’ts with Caesar Flickerman is shown. As show time draws nearer a video upon the screen plays, and Caesar comes to life. He will instruct everyone to go down the row completely once they enter the set, and failure to do so will result in immediate banishment from the studio. He then laughs a little, and the doors open with that the screen goes back to the image of the poster.

Show Stats & Info

Attraction Type: Animatronic Show
Number of Theaters: 2
Theme: Hunger Games & Fashion
Viewers per Theater: 150
Duration: 10 Minutes
Viewers per Hour: 1,500
Viewers per Day: 15,000
Height Restriction: None

Theater Description

The two theaters will mirror each other in design. There will be two areas of seating surrounding the stage. Off the stage the cameraman is ready sitting upon a chair that moves with the camera connected to a KUKA arms. Studio light fixtures will be hanging from the ceiling illuminating the room. The stage will have a catwalk portion. The stage will have lights embed into it. Two trapdoors will be on the stage. Under one will be Caesar sitting upon his chair, and under the other trap door is Shine, and several mannequins. On the wall behind where the animatronics will be is one big circular screen. Hidden throughout the theater will be speakers, and smellitzers.

stage_by_tcool123-d9gmyxn.png

Show Experience

As all the guests get seated the lights begin to dim. The cameraman zooms into the center of the wall where the screen is. The screen on the wall comes to life with thousands of cheering fans chanting for Caesar Flickerman. Music begins to play as the fans disappear, and are replaced by countless people walking in the Capitol. The video focuses on what is considered to be high quality of fashion, and then some embarrassingly ridiculous fashion. The cameraman moves the camera to become focused on the whole stage. A trap door opens, and as steam shoot out Caesar sitting on a modern chair appears laughing his signature laugh.

maxresdefault.jpg

Caesar: Thank goodness for escaping from there I thought I was going to melt down there! It’s so great to be up here, and oh wait I can’t see it’s too dark.

(Caesar claps twice, and the lights brighten)
Caesar: As I was saying it’s so great to see all you lovely faces!
(Caesar looks toward a specific part of the audience. The camera follows his gaze.)
Caesar: Oh honey, red is not your color. No try a splash of blue there, and maybe a spot of yellow there. Hmmm perhaps try wearing something from Spectra?
(Caesar laughs once more as the camera moves back to him)
Caesar: Oh I only kid you look fine! In fact all of you are dressed great! Now let’s get down to business. Let’s talk about the most important thing here which will have to be LeClair’s new line of colons and perfumes! Here have a whiff of my favorite scent Rich Rose!
(Rose scent is pumped in the room as a spraying sound is heard)
Caesar: Isn’t it just heavenly! Now it’s time to get juicy with Capitol Analyst. Now let’s see whose wardrobe I should dissect today.
(Images of people from the Capitol flash by until Caesar stops on someone wearing all pink)

latest

Caesar: My eyes! Oh dear this is something quite awful. Looks like someone lost their hair bush, or their stylist’s number. She should really invest in hair products it’s unnatural for it to be so frizzy. Her sleeves are like balls they look like they could just bounce right off. Those leggings and that skirt should not be together. Nu-uh it should be something longer. If you look close enough you can see she forgot to do her eyebrows how clumsy! She must’ve been in a rush. I must say her pooch looks fabulous! If only I’ve could’ve helped in time. It’s no use crying over spilled milk. Now it’s time to welcome my next segment the guest interview! Today we bring in Shine the famous fashion designer, and her new line of casual clothing!

(Another trap door opens, and out comes various mannequins on displaying the new line of casual clothing which looks tight, uncomfortable, and very formal. In front of the mannequins is a sofa matching Caesar’s Chair on which Shine is sitting upon. Shine will be adoring long luscious yellow hair, while wearing the Daisy inspired outfit from her new line)
Caesar: Uh Oh, Shine it looks like someone is copying your style.
Shine: Who dares to mimic me?
(Caesar laughs as Shine looks around confused)
Caesar: Have you tried looking behind you?
(Shine looks behind her, and sees the mannequin her face goes red from embarrassment)
Caesar: I only kid Shine! Now tell us about this new fashion line. What inspired it? What is it made of? And more importantly do you have my size!
Shine: While watching Porter Mllicent Tripp’s victory tour I noticed the foliage in the background, and decided what we need in the fashion industry are more lines dedicated to the beauty of nature.
(A clip of a snarling Grizzly Bear is played. Shine jumps in fright screeches as she holds her hand to where her heart is.)
Shine: Don’t ever do that again!
(Caesar laughs)
Caesar: I’ll try.
Shine: Well anyways this new line will be made of finest silk I can buy. Which is very fine in fact some of it was freshly made today from District 8.
Caesar: No, you can’t! Fresh silk from District 8, and you were able to make clothes on the same day. Isn’t she talented folks? Let’s hear a round of applause for Shine everyone!
(A clap track is played to encourage guests to clap)
Shine: Thank you, thank you
Caesar: It’s that time again folks. It’s time for the show to wrap up. A piece of advice from me when you go out and about when it’s hot where something loose if not let the odd be in your favor. Thank you for tuning in everyone! Goodbye!
Shine: Goodbye!
(Steam shoots out once more covering Ceasar and Shine as they both are lowered back under the stage)

The First Rebellion

Queue

As guests enter the queue they are met with a logo of the Peacekeepers. As guests go down a hall with various panels showing various parts of various districts. Occasionally one of the districts will be having a little scuffle, and be broken up by Peacekeepers. Also in the hallway above guests will be grand posters of propaganda to join the Peacekeepers.

As guests exit the hallway they enter a large room where the queue will go towards a screen playing a message from a young President Snow. Lining the walls are more posters of propaganda for the Peacekeepers. As guests exit this room they will be assigned a Simulation Pod, and be given Test Glasses to ride.

article-0-1B387EC6000005DC-841_634x356.jpg

President Snow: Welcome all to the Peacekeeper Aviation Head Quarters. This is the center of the Peacekeeper operations. This is where we train our Peacekeepers to be for the worst kind of situation; war. Of course we don’t send our Peacekeepers to an actual battlefield, no we send them to a virtual training facility. Now for the first time ever the citizens of the Capitol have been allowed entry to these simulations. I have personally chosen your simulation to send you all into dark times. I am sending you all into a simulation of the first and hopefully last rebellion from the colonies. We are also equipping you with Test Glasses to enhance the experience. Now I hope you are already because in a few moments you will all be admitted into the Simulation Pod.

Ride Stats & Info

Attraction Type: 3-D Simulator (Star Tours)
Ride Vehicle: Simulation Pods
Theme: The Hunger Games
Number of Vehicles: 2 – 6
Amount of Riders: 80 – 240
Seats per Vehicle: 40
Duration: 3 Minutes
Riders per Hour: 1,600 – 4,800
Riders per Day: 14,400 – 91,200
Height Restriction: 40 in (102 cm)

Ride Experience

As all the guests are safely secured and seated the safety spiel is played, and guests are told to put their Training Glasses on. Two screens will flicker on. One bigger, main screen equipped with 3D technology, and a smaller to the side screen. The Seal of Panem is displayed on the smaller screen, and a capital hangar is shown on the main screen. The vehicles suddenly come to life as they begin to float. A Peacekeerper’s voice comes on, and tells the guests that they are sending them at turbo velocity towards District 13 to end this rebellion. While he informs guests a map of Panem appears showing them their location, and where they are headed.

panem-school-map-23x35_print1.jpg

The vehicles lurch forward, and blast off from the hangar. As the vehicles fly out of the Capital they nearly crash into Snow’s mansion. However by doing this in hand they activated a trap meant for potential rebellion attacks. A swarm of Tracker Jackers rush and swarm the vehicle. The second panel comes to life with the pilot’s face coming on. He tells the guests that several of the Tracker Jackers have gotten into the vehicle, and many more will follow if something is not done. He activates the Plasma Lock-On Canons, and aims them towards the Tracker Jackers. It fires knocking many down, but the remaining work their way into the Pilot’s office. The pilot now nervous for his own death that is now quickly approaching activates auto pilot as the Tracker Jackers enter and swarm him. Guests will be able to see him being stung, and hear his horrific cries causing some to get chills. The Tracker Jackers revealing his distorted face as it falls onto the control panel losing video feed.

glimmer.jpg

The auto pilot comes online, and informs guests that oxygen has been removed from the pilot’s cabin to remove all intimate threats from the area. As the vehicle continues it stimulated flight guests will fly past various districts. The auto pilot reports that to take a safe shortcut they will need to go low, and near a large body of fresh water near the northwest corner of District 12. As the vehicle simulates the descent dodging various tall trees the auto pilot warns of nearby danger. The mayor of District 12 sends a transmission that they will be attacking the vehicles soon, and that they will knock them down. A tree is soon chopped down by District 12, and the vehicle zips under the tree barely avoiding it. A fire is heard, and as soon as it is said a sea of arrows comes flying to the vehicle. The vehicle zip and zags around some arrows, but is severely hit in the process. The auto pilot reports that they are losing altitude as the vehicle crash lands in a great lake. It then starts up the auto-repair, and the transformation of the boat. Various mini robots can be heard going around the vehicle fixing the shot areas, and all the while the vehicle runs on the water being chased by a hover boat of District 12. As the auto pilot reports everything has been fixed the vehicle quickly transfers into its previous state, and flies off.

A transmission is soon played on the second screen showing a much younger President Coin warning them that they will be showing no mercy in their attacks. As soon as this is said a marginally destroyed District 13 is shown. The vehicles careen closer to the ground as they fly past President Coin and various guard fighting off lizard muttations. The vehicles make a sharp left as a building collapses. The vehicle barely misses a flock of jabberjays. The auto pilot warns that missiles have been targeted to strike them. The guests soon hear the sound of quick approaching missiles as they ship takes evasive procedures and brings out the plasma canon. The canon is fired into a building as the vehicle flies through it, and as it does dodges various parts of the building that is collapsing. The auto pilot announces it will turn on the rear view camera. Now on the smaller screen gusts can see the chasing missiles as one of them hits the falling rubble causing an explosion. The whole vehicle shakes as it explodes, and the other missile explodes right after as rubble starts to fall from the first explosion. The whole vehicle shakes once more with the building. The vehicle flies out of the building as it collapses sending a cloud of dust flying throughout the air.

The_Capitol.png

The auto pilot informs guests that they will be landing shortly in a secret Capitol air base. The vehicles exit District 13, and fly into a ravine. A cave like opening appears, and the vehicles enter the cave. The vehicle lands, and President Snow appears on the smaller screen. He thanks the guests for riding this simulation of the First Rebellion, and that things could’ve gone smoother. He invites them back any time, as the doors open and guests leave.

Snow Banquet Hall

Exterior/Interior

The exterior is grand. Elegant light fixtures hang on various trees illuminating the hall at night. To get to the hall guests will need to climb a flight of stair, or go up a ramp. As the go up they will past by various ornate fountains and flowerbeds that change with the season. The hall has a powerful feeling to it with large beautiful windows in the front, and a grand inviting door allowing guests in.

latest

The interior will feel inviting. With a fountain in the center of the room and cushy benches surrounding it, but permitting space for plenty to walk by. The seating areas are divided by various short walls with plants on top of the corners of these walls. Each seating area will have an area to get all one’s dining needs. Also in each area will be a fixings bar for one’s sandwiches of choice. Elegant lighting fixtures hanging from the ceiling, and one ginormous chandelier overtop the fountain. On the main walls large banners with the most popular and most recent victors adorning them. Those victors will be Mags, Woof, Seeder, The Morphlings, Beetee, and Porter Millicent Tripp. Three different ordering windows will be open with different menus for guests to order from.

Window 1 Menu –

Entrée:
- Hamburger (Standard, 1/2, 3/4)
- Cheeseburger (Standard, 1/2, 3/4)
- Hotdog
- Chilidog
- Chicken Sandwich (Grilled or Fried)

Sides:
- French Fries
- Home Made Chips

Drinks:

- Standard Array of Coke Cola/Pepsi Sodas
- Water
- Milk (Normal or Chocolate)(Regular or 2%)
- Hot Cocoa (Dark Chocolate or White Chocolate)
- Root Beer

Desserts:
- Milkshake (Vanilla, Chocolate, or Strawberry)
- Slice of Pie (Apple, Cherry, and Blueberry)(Pumpkin and Pecan Seasonal)
- Pie a la Mode (Apple, Cherry, and Blueberry)(Vanilla, Chocolate, or Strawberry)

Window 2 Menu –

Entrée:
- Basket of Chicken Strips
- Tuna Melt Sandwich
- Shrimp Salad
- Crab Salad

Sides:
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Home Made Sweet Potato Chips

Drinks:
- Water
- Hot Cocoa (Milk Chocolate or White Chocolate)
- Root Beer

Desserts:
- Milkshake (Vanilla, Chocolate, or Cookies’n’Cream)
- Slice of Crumble (Apple, Mango-Strawberry, and Red Wine & Pear)
- Crumble with Ice Cream (Apple, Mango-Strawberry, and Red Wine & Pear) (Vanilla, Chocolate, or Cookies’n’Cream)

Window 3 Menu –

Entrée:
- Turkey Dog
- Black Bean Veggie Burger
- Chef Salad
- Caesar Salad

Sides:
- French Fries
- Home Made Chips

Drinks:
- Water
- Hot Cocoa (Milk Chocolate or White Chocolate)
- Root Beer

Desserts:
- Milkshake (Vanilla, Rocky Road, or Cookies’n’Cream)
- Slice of Cake (Red Velvet, Vanilla, and Chocolate)
- Cake with Ice Cream (Red Velvet, Vanilla, and Chocolate) (Vanilla, Rocky Road, or Cookies’n’Cream)

Panem World Center

Apparel
Capitol Shirt, District 1 Shirt, District 2 Shirt, District 3 Shirt, District 4 Shirt, District 5 Shirt, District 6 Shirt, District 7 Shirt, District 8 Shirt, District 9 Shirt, District 10 Shirt, District 11 Shirt, District 12 Shirt, The Hunger Games Shirt, Tribute Shirt, Tribute Sweater, Tribute Pants, Mockingjay Dress Inspired Shirt, Mockingjay Pin, Snow Rose Pin

Miscellaneous
Map of Panem, Monckingjay Pin Mug, Capitol Skyline Mug, Katniss Everdeen Mug, Your Name Hunger Games Mug, Hunger Games Book, Catching Fire Book, Mockingjay Book, Hunger Games DVD, Catching Fire DVD, Mockingjay Part 1 DVD, Mockingjay Part 2 DVD, Capitol Rosewater Perfume & Colon

Toys
Katniss Bow and Arrows, Katniss Action Figure, Gale Action Figure, Peeta Action Figure, Haymitch Action Figure, Effie Action Figure, Prim Action Frigure, President Coin Action Figure, President Snow Action Figure, Finnick Action Figure, Johanna Action Figure, Ceaser Action Figure, Rue Action Figure, Peacekeeper Action Figure, Mockingjay Stuffed Animal

:DThank you for reading!:D

*The Capitol is not meant for any specific park, but if I had to choose then either Islands of Adventure replacing Toon Lagoon, or Universal Studios Orlando in a reduced scale into the area occupied by Fear Factor - Live!

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I actually had an idea with the same premise with a few differences. For example, while you set your time period 36 years before the 72nd Hunger Games, I set my land to about the same time as the Second Rebellion attack on the Capitol, which included a track-based dark ride hybrid putting you in the middle of the final confrontation.

I might post the idea in full if I decide to design a Universal Orlando renovation plan..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom