The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Were you ever to the 1st Disney World Discovery Island. I understand the Turkey Vultures are still out there.
eeeh no.
never visited there.

Also, the Zopilotes (black vultures) are the only usual big birds you see on the roads.

I was surprised to see turkey.. and the zone tailed hawk flying all together in the same up-draft.

also, remember my very first trip to WDW was in 2013.. so I'm kinda of a "late bloomer".
Didnt had the money or time before.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
eeeh no.
never visited there.

Also, the Zopilotes (black vultures) are the only usual big birds you see on the roads.

I was surprised to see turkey.. and the zone tailed hawk flying all together in the same up-draft.

also, remember my very first trip to WDW was in 2013.. so I'm kinda of a "late bloomer".
Didnt had the money or time before.

We have had a great deal of birds of prey lately in the last few months. We've always had them just never in this volume. I saw 5 huge ones flying together in a draft last week. Rare to see 2 together let alone 5. We are also getting birds from the Gulf up here, I really love seeing them but what the heck don't they know it will be 8 degrees tonight?

Cesar R M

We have had a great deal of birds of prey lately in the last few months. We've always had them just never in this volume. I saw 5 huge ones flying together in a draft last week. Rare to see 2 together let alone 5. We are also getting birds from the Gulf up here, I really love seeing them but what the heck don't they know it will be 8 degrees tonight?
Maybe they do and they want to eat individuals before it gets colder? (aka, gotta get chubbier for winter!)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hi everyone. Just waking up from a post-church nap. Now I'm watching Cake Wars. Hubby is out with the kids and I am home alone until bedtime. Last night we decorated for Christmas so I am enjoying sitting by our peaceful little Christmas village. Going to play ketchup now.
I'm so jealous i can't start decorating until Friday and that's only if I get up. the boys are going to grandma's for the weekend. I may need to sleep in a bit.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We had dinner at the Brown Derby Lounge (sorry for the dark pictures)
Mango daiquiri for hubby and a mojito for me
View attachment 120327

We could see a little of the Osborne lights from our table
View attachment 120329

We made a huge mistake eating at the Brown Derby lounge.....we shared the sliders. We really should have gotten our own helping. The duck confit slider was really good, we even liked the coleslaw on it. The other slider was a Wagyu beef with bacon.
View attachment 120330

We shared the charcuterie board and we weren't sure what everything was but it was really delicious.
View attachment 120332

Then to the lights!!!
View attachment 120333

View attachment 120336

View attachment 120338

View attachment 120339

View attachment 120340

View attachment 120342
Thank you so amazing

Figgy1

Premium Member
My farmers market left me a month ago, didn't even finish October this year. :( I am taking a tiny bit of solace in the ChristKindlmarket has opened a satilite market in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. It is an interest Market of German origin that started in DT Chicago 20 years ago. I was fortunate to hit the city on one day a year having to train into the city. So hopefully next week I will be able to visit the market that has some amazing German Foods, nice for winter. It is dramatically smaller than Chicago's but I will take it. Especially Dinkels Bakery.
resizedBanner.jpg

0cb2192cfa8746fe8c614070cb086c121.JPG
There's one of those out in Allentown Pa. If I get the time I'm hoping to make to drive out there and then down by Kutztown to a couple of nice fabric stores. How I wish I had the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom