Car brand loyalty.

JohnByers

Original Poster
i admit I have a love affair with Mazda's. I have owned 6 in the past and have three in the driveway now. Such fantastic cars. Do any of you have a brand you are loyal to?

In the picture are a 2014 Mazda 6, 2015 Mazda 3 and my toy a 1999 Mazda Miata. Two of the three manuals as well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 176

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would love to have a brand or two to be 100% loyal to, but there seem to be to many peaks and valleys in quality along with design that occur over the rather long time I have between cars.

Over the past 28 years I have had cars made by Saturn, Nissan, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Kia, Pontiac, Toyota, and Honda. I also spent a few years of my professional life working on cars with a little more than a year spent at a Mazda/BMW/VW dealership.

From that experience I have only come up with a list of manufactures I probably won't buy from.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I was VW loyal... right up until my last dealership experience in July

DisneyFans4Life

Currently I'm pretty partial to Nissan, having a 370 and most recently an Altima. My wife drives a Rogue. My in-laws have also been driving Nissans for the past 10 years or so.

Jahona

My family seems to be loyal to Hyundai at the moment. My dad and I both drive the Sante Fe and my mom has an Elantra. After that I would say Subaru.

aw14

I am a Honda and Hyundai guy. Knock on wood, multiple cars and no issues. My DW has a Volvo, and only thing I will say is, thank goodness its paid off

Im loyal to specific models in the BMW line up. Along the lines of American made vehicles, GMC/Chevrolet and Jeep stand out. I had a 1987 Grand Wagoneer for awhile that I restored and was forced to sell in a pinch. I still look at those fondly & with the re-release of the Woody next year, I think the value will continue to increase on the older version. Here it (1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 97k miles) is the day I sold it. :cry:
44950_802734541603_7593624_n.jpg

ChrisFL

Premium Member
My first car was a Mazda....1984 GLC, the only thing I could afford for college (in 1996)

Since then, every car I've owned has been a Toyota

1993 Toyota MR2
1999 Lexus GS300
2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder
2007 Scion tC
1991 Toyota MR2 (as a second car)
2014 Scion FR-S (Toyota 86)

PineapplePrincess

Since I am a Motor City girl, we have always driven American. Not particularly loyal, though, wherever we can get the best deal. DH drives a Saturn Vue, DD drives a Malibu, and I am currently enjoying my Ford Escape!

71dsp

Used to be a loyal Honda owner until their quality went downhill. I think the last well built car they produced was the S2000, and the early models had their fair share of issues.

I likely GM products despite the government bail out. We've had great luck with our GM products, although we've only owned 3 (05 Tahoe Z71, 10 2500HD diesel, and 13 3500HD diesel). My in-laws are VERY GM loyal. They've had a few issues with their cars over the years with the worst being a window that would constantly fall off track in a Buick sedan years ago, and a Saturn Outlook water pump that grenaded in their driveway, dumping copious amounts of coolant on their driveway. Thankfully it happened at home and the dealership took care of the towing and repair.

We've had fairly decent luck with Mazda products, and I'll continue to buy Mazda. Same goes for Porsche. My wife daily drives an 08 Boxster that has been fantastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom