Jimmy Fallon Ride

Evolution

Fallon-announcement-art-featured-1170x731.jpg

Next Big Thing

Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon was just announced. Not much excitement or bravado in the announcement.
Why do you think they announced it so late at night? Between this announcement and the F&F one, it doesn't seem like they are wanting to over-hype these. Lord knows if they do they'll be in trouble because both are gonna be pretty mediocre to bad.

CTXRover

Meh. Seems shortsighted. Even if Jimmy remains popular, this will become dated relatively quicker than other attractions. From what OU is reporting, it sounds like another 3d screen ride. Too many of those at Universal already. Screen/3d rides have their place and Universal tends to do them very well, but they are quickly losing diversity in the type of attractions they offer. Also, not sure how many people will plan a trip around this ride. New things are always good though.

Next Big Thing

Next Big Thing

Because it isn't called The Tonight Show just for giggles. This may not be a great attraction, but you're reaching for reasons why not.
No, i'm not. This is nothing special. It will be a decent facade but that's about it. And if they really wanted, they could've had a huge, televised announcement in Times Square today if they wanted to make a splash. But they didn't. They buried it in the Tonight Show hour.

JT3000

No, i'm not. This is nothing special. It will be a decent facade but that's about it. And if they really wanted, they could've had a huge, televised announcement in Times Square today if they wanted to make a splash. But they didn't. They buried it in the Tonight Show hour.

The announcement was "buried" on The Tonight Show because it pertains to the host of The Tonight Show. Pretty easy to understand the logic behind that. And regardless of the attraction's quality, no one cares enough about Jimmy Fallon to make a splashy primetime announcement anyway. I'm not saying the attraction won't suck, but you cannot make that call based on how it was announced.

Next Big Thing

The announcement was "buried" on The Tonight Show because it pertains to the host of The Tonight Show. Pretty easy to understand the logic behind that. And regardless of the attraction's quality, no one cares enough about Jimmy Fallon to make a splashy primetime announcement anyway. I'm not saying the attraction won't suck, but you cannot make that call based on how it was announced.
I get the tie-in to the announcement, it's not hard to figure out. I'm just saying, it was very non-chalant. They clearly didn't want to make it out to be a big splashy announcement or they would have. I mean, if I wasn't on this website and knew this was happening, i'm not even sure i'd have believed him and that he wasn't just joking about the attraction. It was just very down-played.

Mike C

Don't underestimate the draw for this it is NOT aimed at a typical theme park geek--it's trying to bring in different types of folks-- and not the average guest but new folks. Definitely don't overblow what it is either. It will be good for what it is. Fallon is the highest rated of all the 3 late night hosts (Colbert has been falling -- http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/10/22/late-night-ratings-oct-12-16-2015/479861/ )

This one is being head up by ex-imagineer Jason Surrell, FYI.

The good thing for theme park geeks is that it'll be much more coherent with the New York area of the park than Wakita Kansas, and as a bridge between production central and New York it's about perfect. It'll be open before Avatar's theater motion simulator.

This makes 4 Announced things for 2017 so far, and still one more that has not been announced yet.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Don't underestimate the draw for this it is NOT aimed at a typical theme park geek--it's trying to bring in different types of folks--, but don't overblow what it is either. It will be good for what it is. Fallon is the highest rated of all the 3 late night hosts (Colbert has been falling -- http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/10/22/late-night-ratings-oct-12-16-2015/479861/ )

This one is being head up by ex-imagineer Jason Surrell, FYI.

The good thing for theme park geeks is that it'll be much more coherent with the New York area of the park than Wakita Kansas, and as a bridge between production central and New York it's about perfect.

This makes 4 Announced things for 2017 so far, and still one more that has not been announced yet.

The "average guest" line is just an excuse to try and justify junk. If they really thought the public would be eating this up it wouldn't have been a tiny announcement at 11:40 at night. Even within the show it was more of a chore to be done than a big deal.

Jason Surrell being involved isn't going to win a lot of people over.

lazyboy97o

You realize that being announced on The Tonight Show means more people saw it than they ever would as a typical online announcement, right? Besides, it only makes sense to announce it on the show.
A brief barely mention at the beginning of The Tonight Show is not the only alternative to a blog post. At the very least there could have been a little pomp and circumstance during the show. The whole announcement came across as more of chore to be done quickly than something exciting.

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
Just a C ticket nothing to get excited about. Theme parks can't be all E tickets. Maybe this lasts 4 years then they'll rip it out with something relatively cheap for another 4 or 5 years.
I think this will be a solid D Ticket. And announcing on The Tonight Show (TVs highest rated late night show) is pretty obvious. Considering that is what the ride is about. They announced Hogsmeade through a press release and DA (a whole Potter land), F&F (a major E Ticket), and a whole state of the art water park through simple blog posts, announcing a D Ticket on National TV seems a big step up.

Universal is pretty low key about their announcements.

And I'm pretty glad that so many are poo-pooing this project. That way when it opens some people will be pleasantly surprised. I'm predicting this won't suck.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom