The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I have never seen the movie as I am a wuss and was told by many people who know me that it is much too graphic for me. I don't know why, but I thought it was about Vietnam, not WWII. 2 of my uncles were on the front lines in WWII. One of them was wounded and he never talked about the war. He came home with shell shock (PTSD) and his doctor told him to get a dog, that having something to take care of sometimes helped. He ALWAYS had a dog after that. We found out after he died that he had been in the battle of the bulge, where his daughter THINKS he was wounded, but since he never talked about it, we don't know for sure.

I've read and watched many accounts of the Battle of the Bulge. Very harrowing, very pivotal battle.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I loved talking to you too. I guess I have a very difficult decision to make. I got a call from the Doctor today. He went through all the blood tests and blood pressure values. I can't have more thyroid meds, it could cause me to have a stroke. I'm going to Disney and he says I can't do rope drop, or keep the kids or DD schedule, he want's me to relax. And I need to check with him when I get back. This is difficult for me, as I have been able to keep up. I know DD will do what the kids want, and I expect them too. How do I break it to her we will be on a different vacation this time? I've always loved the time we have spent with the GK and DD. I know she will be very disappointed, and hubby wants to protect me. What to do? Keep quiet or spill the beans. I don't want to ruin the trip for the GK and DD or hubby. Any suggestions? Should I just say I'm not feeling well and I need more rest? Any ideas from anyone will be very appreciated. xoxo

That is tough news from the doctor. Take it easy we definitely don't want you having a stroke. I am confused though, why did he say you can't do rope drop? I understand why he would want you to slow down and rest more but can't you build in more relaxation time? If you like starting the day with everyone why not do that and then take a long afternoon break the grandkids go either stay at the parks or go swimming. Then you could spend a couple hours in the park and head back to the resort at a reasonable time to get decent sleep.

Overall though, I think you should be honest about your situation, my mom wasn't totally up front about her health situation and now that she is gone I wish she had told me more so I could have helped or at least spent more time with her. They are your family and love you; they want you to feel well. I would think they would understand your need to slow down and get more rest. I'm sure they would rather slow down and have you around than not have you there at all. They can still tour on their own and when you meet up for a meal, they will have a lot to talk about.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've read and watched many accounts of the Battle of the Bulge. Very harrowing, very pivotal battle.

My grandfather was in the Battle of the Bulge. I wish I had gotten him to talk more about it, and his time in WWII but it just wasn't something he wanted to talk about. I remember I had to do a report on WWII for high school once and I asked to interview him and he gave me his discharge papers and a book about his battalion but wouldn't tell me anything. So I assume he just didn't want to talk, but he also wasn't a very involved grandfather so maybe he just didn't want to talk to me....

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You watched this in English class? We didn't get to watch movies in ours.

In my sophomore English class we had a mini-unit on film. It was interesting, we watched a bunch of classic films. The only one I really remember watching was Casablanca, I know we watched a few more though.

Somewhat related...I had a history teacher in the first half of my freshman year that thought showing us the Grapes of Wrath was enough information on the Great Depression. I like history, so I kind of taught myself American History that semester until second semester when I got the good teacher.

Cesar R M

Candy was EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!! :greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy: And a lot of it was stuff I could get at WalMart or our grocery store for cheaper. No way I'm spending $6 on a candy bar when I could have went to the buffet and ate as much chocolate cake as I wanted for free.
...ate as much chocolate cake as I wanted...for free...
1310295773742.jpg

(ps, I do not have a "this gal knows whatsup" so pardon the "guy" from woody)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom